Kano: Dont you think its time to fix these issues?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by HeyUwereWTFpwned, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its pretty pathetic to me seeing how hard alot of people work in your game and in factions to see recently the rash of cheaters winning the Weekly Brain Trophy.

I've built a faction over the last year that has dominated. Its simple. Look at my factions numbers and its all there.

Now recently i've seen my share of the Cheaters come on and start making these game look Pathetic and Silly.

The countless amount of Cheaters, Alts , and Losers that continue to Take advantage of your game and the fact it seems YOU DO NOTHING ABOUT IT....

How you can allow ONE PERSON to WIN The WEEKLY BRAIN TROPHY by logging on basically a WHOLE FACTION.

And then taking out 12 of those cheating ALTS on the same day (Sunday)

Then a Copycat faction that comes in and this week uses a bunch of alts and does it again.

You Guys/Girls @ (Kano) are doing a wonderful job allowing this BS to Piss off alot of people that some of them spend quite a bit of money to Support your game.

What happened with this Wonderfully Awesome Spectacular Plan you came up with weeks ago to say that you were even Tracking those playing other people's accounts and that action was considered cheating and you were going to Drop the Hammer on a bunch of Fools that were doing this..

IM SEEING NOTHING.

IM SEEING CHEATERS WIN STILL.

There are many Old School known factions on this game that have been cheating for a long time also..

I wont bother Mentioning their names.. Everyone knows who they are and what they've been doing for a long time..

And some of them are the ones that are the Biggest Factions on this game Currently.

I've played your game daily for Over 440+ days and sometimes i think to myself maybe i should just straight out Stop playing and move onto another game that doesnt allow this kind of crap to go on and is Legitimate about Getting rid of the cheaters..

Seems to me that maybe sometimes you dont ban a few of these idiots because they spend money in your game so Therefore you allow them to continue playing..

There are current daily players on Zombies that have had More than FIVE(5) Characters Banned for being Alts/Cheaters yet they are still playing everyday..

There is a Certain player that LOGGED ON THIS FORUM AND ADMITTED TO CHEATING and POSTED ALL HIS ALTS AND YOU BANNED THEM ALL but ONE.

And now guess what, there he goes again with ALTS and playing everyday..

Kano PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF THIS BS..

You should really get your Brains straightened out and Get your crap together and fix this problem..

Im not the only one thats frustrated with you, There are many others..

Get it right, get it done, Before maybe we all decide its time to find another game to play and enjoy.

2. LittleAizu

LittleAizu Member

I would have to agree. I did see a post similar from andrea.. and i agree completely, people getting there gp done in less than 30 minutes is insane.. before people would get the full gp done by the afternoon.. but in 10 minutes? really?
    a lot of the older factions work hard for it..
    and something should be done =3
    Venganza

3. Adam Rutledge

Adam Rutledge New Member

What many don't realize is that KANO can't actually track anything. They recently accused me of playing multiple accounts on myspace (A false and ignorant accusation.) Then, in the same email, they asked me for the details on the other accounts I play. Why, if they can track IPs and whatnot, would they need to ask ME for the details? Simple. They lack the capabilities that they tell us they possess. They ban accounts on speculation and hearsay. They have no clue what they are doing. I received three or four emails from them in response to my inquiries about why I was banned. Each one seemed to have a different reason. They lack the consistency, logical reasoning and intelligence to effectively govern this app.

4. alka

alka Banned

I find it unbelievable that a faction can copy another Factions name and be allowed to play it for so long.
    The Faction they are copying have players who have put lots of money into supporting this app and this is the way they are treated!!!
    I've said it before, only Facebook have access to the IP's as they would not want these 2 bit companies muscling in on their advertising.
    For Kano to try scare tactics on seasoned cheats was a joke. Maybe they scared off the small time cheats but as we can plainly see it's possible to set up whole Factions, wave a massive flag in the air with another Factions name on it and shout "what are you going to do to stop me, Kano?", because they know they won't do diddly..........

Anyone else notice the lack of Admin input regarding this subject??? Maybe they think by ignoring it, it will go away!!

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Its obvious that Kano simply doesnt have the tech to stop the scourge or chooses not to either use or enforce it. All Kano really needs to do is have employees that are dedicated players, not people that log on for a few minutes a day or week....but employees that spend hours a day seeing /playing how everything they do really plays out in game. Often times players will openly admit to alt usage either in the feeds or in private messages. Accounts with similar names but diff levels playing in unison with one another, watching players habits and speech patterns, etc etc etc....basically the crap we see everyday like guilds/factions/armadas that get their points one after another at nearly the same time everyday...u can literally watch as one player gets their points logs off and the next one logs on etc etc.

Another thing Kano should have is someone who is capable of doing IP checks and looking into accounts manning the emails 24/7, It doesnt do any good to report someone for bot use, language or anything else for that matter if its after office hours or the weekend

6. Deltan

Deltan Member

Hey everyone,
    I've already said as much as there is to say on the topic in a previous thread here: http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?7033

The way Support & Community are handled have changed dramatically in the last few months. Myself and Dan (Wonder Bread) are committed to cracking down on more alts and account sharing than was done in the past. It's an uphill battle for us. We are improving our support tools internally to aid us in this process as well as many other process improvements intended to benefit the player experience.

If you suspect someone of cheating, please do email it to support! We are collecting reports from players and do intend to act on them. I can't say it any more plainly than that.

I also wanted to address a couple of comments in this thread...

HeyUwereWTFpwned: We have been banning a lot of accounts. I would like to post numbers, or even cite direct examples of players that were banned but we have privacy concerns internally. There was a fairly strong negative reaction to my Idea post showing if a player is frozen or not. If people actually saw first hand how many players get taken out regularly this view players have might change. Stay tuned.

alka: We do have access to player IP addresses, the games are hosted & served by Kano, not Facebook. The intent of my original post was not meant to be any kind of scare tactic, it's part of our continued effort to be more transparent about what we do here.

polishpimp: It would be awesome to have people who played all day & every day here. Unfortunately that is entirely infeasible for us. We are building towards weekend support, longer hours for this sort of thing.

It takes an enormous amount of effort to thoroughly investigate every report. Every player in this thread has been accused, some as recently as today. We have people trying to impersonate others on a regular basis. Wonder Bread would know for sure but I would wager as many as 50% of our daily email volume is concerning currently frozen players. It is happening, it is going on! If there are egregious cheaters that you see, report em. I can't emphasize that enough.

7. polishpimp

"unfeasible" to have dedicated player/employees? Kano cant afford to hire a couple people to play games for 8 hours a day and report back to you at minimum wage?

Glad to hear you guys are working towards longer support hours....personally I think this would make a huge impact if support was able to follow up on emails immediately. I would venture to guess that a huge volume of the reports you guys get are bogus and just players with a vendetta, coincidental game play or they simply cant understand how someone is capable of something they r not. With that in mind.....I would imagine that you would just have to prioritize by the number of reports you get about a particular account, If player "john doe" is reported way more often then others I would make following up on that complaint/accusation a priority over "jane doe" who has never been reported. I would also think the accusations themselves might need to be prioritized, someone who is reported to be using a bot 5 minutes ago should def be checked into immediately before they can log off rather than a serial language violator.

Lmao @ the statement in regards to all posters in this thread being reported, I would imagine Im high on that list....especially when im up on bounty ...lol. I remember when I started over and was shooting up the leader boards...I had a few laughs with some people who will remain nameless about the number of reports I was generating. I kinda like the fact that some think that my game play is not possible without cheating..it speaks well of my game play and rivals/haters to target.

8. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Hello All!

I figured I'd chime in quickly since I deal this stuff on a daily basis, although Mark (Deltan) has done a wonderful job summarizing our position on alts and cheaters and the difficulties inherent in dealing with this sort of stuff.

I wanted to say that I appreciate how frustrating it is to perceive people abusing a game that you enjoy playing and invest a substantial amount of time in. As a gamer, I understand how abuse ruins a game, and to that end am committed to helping improve our games by removing players who are maliciously in violation of our Terms of Use. (Brief example: I used to play FPS games competitively, and got beat out of an online tournament where first prize was a free trip to E3 by a team who were later found to be cheating. Suffice to say I'm not a fan of cheaters.)

I understand that gaming is competitive, and I understand you all want the best for our games because they're your games too. As Mark said, we're working on it. It might not look like it, but we are, and you'll just have to put faith in the fact that we're gamers and believe in keeping our games fun, fair, and competitive for everyone.

9. Deltan

Deltan Member

Nope, we feel money is better spent on developers and other resources dedicated to improving the playing experience directly. :)

10. polishpimp

Well If Kano doesnt think catching n eliminating the cheats would "improve the playing experience directly".....That pretty much explains it all.

11. Deltan

Deltan Member

Did you not read the rest of our posts? We are committed to doing just that. Just not necessarily by the method you suggest at this time. I hope in the future we can commit resources to active player involvement in all facets of the process.

12. polishpimp

I read them all and Ive no doubt Kano is committed to doing just that to some degree or another. But its also my belief that someone with similar playing experience and player interaction as myself could go in with resources and tech afforded by Kano and clean up the games in a fraction of the time. Dont take me wrong....im not volunteering nor am I trashing on Kano...im just saying ya cant beat experience and first hand knowledge and observation. The legal system with all its law makers, judges, prosecutors and paper shuffling sheriffs wouldnt be squat with out the detectives getn down n dirty in the trenches. ;)

13. Im not trying to slam Kano as in not doing their job, yes i know people have been banned. I've also seen the same people that have had multiple accounts banned playing their mains every single day still.. Even after have Multiple accounts banned (UP TO 5 ALTS)

But lately these Creampuff cheating factions have popped out of no where and won the Weekly brain.

Yes i know others have complained about Time zones and such. That i dont agree to or with.

My faction has won more Brains in our 9 Months than everyone else. 18 Brains.

And i dont have a bunch of Euro players either. I have players mostly in America, a few in Europe, etc etc..

We have won with extremely hard work and dedicated players..

14. And yes, i do agree..

You should list the idiots that cheated and got banned.

15. Deltan

Deltan Member

Just an FYI.. we banned an entire faction this week, one of the ones mentioned here I believe.

16. alka

alka Banned

The general consensus is ,you won't ban the alts because that would make the playing figures look poor thus devalue the game. I have no real issue with the odd alt, other than being punched 15 times knowing 12 of those are run by the same person. In the case of a whole Factions being run by one person, that's unacceptable in anyone's book. I find GP's meaningless, pointless, pathetic, too easy etc, so you can guess I have a very low opinion of someone who wastes his day running countless accounts to win a cyber trophy, and it's people with that mentality that's ruining YOUR application and putting YOUR future at risk!!
    As for the coding issues, sorting those would show you actually care about the players.

17. Deltan

Deltan Member

We're going to start publishing frozen account numbers weekly (I hope) Dan and I are working on figuring out how to acquire those statistics.

18. polishpimp

sweeeeeeeeet!

19. That im very happy to hear about. Now to get rid of the other cheaters in this game that think they are cool playing still and getting away with it.

20. I see the faction that you banned. its too bad the week prior to that the other faction got away with basically doing the same thing. Maybe you are still investigating that one.

But i will ask. Since my faction went from 5th to 4th now Last week. Will there be an Adjustment in GP bonus ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.