When are limits going to be placed on boss leveling?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by pappadoo1970, Apr 22, 2012.

1. pappadoo1970

pappadoo1970 New Member

When are limits going to be placed on boss leveling?

There is a hit limit in place for player vs. player leveling (5,000 max hits per day)

The daily hit limit for player vs. player leveling should to be substantially increased/removed or a similar limitation for the number of boss's a player can hit daily is needed.

One limitation without the other creates an imbalance for any players that might choose not to hit excessive numbers of boss's everyday.

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

there is nothing in the works about a limit for hitting bosses, so 5,000 hits for people who want to level with a partner is a limit?? come on that is no way to play the game, there is no challenge in finding someone to level with, when you know they are in it just for the leveling, fight off the battle and rival list , go after bounties, hit bosses, that is at least challenge , and to level with a partner is a safe way to get to a level most people are not strong enough for anyway.and why in such a hurry to level and get to a place where the battle list is thin , makes no sense to me :) what needs to be done is make it unattractive for players to hit and the hide for most of the day, those players are cowards IMO.

3. pappadoo1970

pappadoo1970 New Member

@Linda ----

With respect, players use the boss's as a "safe" way to level. No challenge in it, just rewards of weapons/warriors and xp.

I'm not a low level player or new to the game. One limit w/o it's compliment is an imbalance to the overall game. Yes, a 5,000 hit limit per player is a limit or it would not be there.

I do agree that the ability for players to adjust to each other is a very attractive option to removing the hit limit. Many would happily adjust their stats and battle all day, it is after all the funnest part of the game for many as you say.

Either way, a boss limit is absolutely needed.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

5,000 attacks is not enough??? I do not see that being a problem , but why limit bosses they are what make a player strong ,not leveling in a safe little cocoon. I for one do not use boses to level but to get loot to be strong and to craft, but I do find in VC is some using alt accounts to fight and level that way, that should be looked into and stopped.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
  5. pappadoo1970

pappadoo1970 New Member

@Linda - And leveling with boss's isn't a safe cocoon? If a limit exists on one option a limit must be put on the other option.

Any bias toward one method of leveling over another method is an imbalance to the game. Players opinions of one being more "acceptable" than the other is not a basis for recognizing the need for balance to be returned to the game. I am confident the Dev's will address the problem as they have done a fine job with the game overall.

Yes, mini's and alts remain in the game, this is a separate but equally important challenge to the balance of the game. Many "rumors" have been floated about many players. At the end of the day it is up to the Dev's to fix this issue.

6. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Oh, great, yet another "limit the bosses or unlimit the battles" thread.

Short summary: Not going to happen.

It has been discussed again and again that either the battle limits need to vanish or the bosses need to be limited. Each time the suggestion was shot down, because an unlimited battle feature will make bot-using even more appealing, while bosses are limited in itself, too. Boss leveling is a very stamina-consuming way to level, if you have rather low stamina you might use several refills for 1 level gained, especially against the largest Godly Trials Bosses.

Sure, some people level excessively with bosses, the Top 5 MySpace Players got there by blasting every boss in sight. It also will have cost them a fortune to get there. Battle levelers can, with the right build, level for free, especially with a leveling partner. Medium health, extreme stamina, medium att/def. Voilá, free leveling that no one can hinder.

I hope this clears any questions.

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Bosses are far more limiting than a 5k battle limit per opponent, . For starters most players dont have nearly the stamina it takes to level with bosses efficiently. You r limited to what bosses r available and of those which ones give decent enough Xp to make leveling with them a viable option. recently Kano has implemented more restrictions such as a boss owner having to get the minimum in order for someone else to defeat their boss...this has drastically reduced the number of bosses available. Although players here in the forums have been asking forever for more achievements for higher leveled bosses...Kano has just ignored them so there is a huge percentage of players that have mothballed their fleet of bosses.

With battles not only do u now get drops but u can level for far less stamina and u have 5 k hits per rival,,,thats about as easy and unlimited as it gets. You commented that boss leveling is no challenge.....R u saying that someone letting u hit them 5k times is somehow a challenge? I would argue that boss leveling is way more challenging as u have to seek out bosses that give u the best XP and they are far more limited . Kano has also made it much easier lately to battle level with the ability to deactivate elites. Thy have also stated they will be bringing in the power attack option for battles that will speed things up.

In the end....for most players boss leveling is much more expensive alternative and is far more limited than battle leveling. A limit on bosses is the last thing that is needed. Battle leveling is easily the most exploited aspect of the games, although I dont believe in limits and restrictions.....If there had to be some I would say start with the number of battles, There is nothing lamer or easier than some pal letting u hit them 5 k times

8. polishpimp

This has been of the most discussed subjects on the forums and your side loses everytime because its such a biased view point its ridiculous. Perhaps you should seek out some of these other threads

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

This should be moved to the "idea" section,where I will gladly give it a 1.

10. pappadoo1970

pappadoo1970 New Member

@Das liebe Bell ----

I support Leaving the hit limit in place AND implementing a limit equal to it on the number of boss's a player can hit daily. As for Bot's, the Dev's can and do detect and freeze accounts for using them.

Simply put, the options to resolve the problem are:

1) Remove the player hit limit completely and continue to allow unlimited Boss hitting.

OR

2) Maintain the player hit limit AND place a limit on Boss hitting.

This discussion continues and will continue because players want the Dev's to address imbalance in the game and keep it fair and fun for all. I am confident the the Boss limit will be implemented at some point, sooner would be better than later.

Thanks for your posts.

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

LMAO as I was just fighting and doing bosses in both PC and VC i was formulating my next response, but Polish and Das, and Lord, did the work for me, well done and thanks guys lol except I would not even give it a 1 :p

12. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

simply put no one in their right mind can do bosses all day or even come near 5,000 hits , the stamina alone would bury you lol

13. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Agree 100 percent with everyone in this section commenting on no limits. While yes there is a limit to how many attacks that can be done in a day on a single player do you really want to sit there and hit someone for maybe four to six hours non stop without using a bot or a script to help you do this. That's how long it takes more then likely to do 5000 hits on one player because of healing attacks from other players and other issues in the game. Now lets get to bosses. Here is the simpliest issue for your theory on limiting bosses. You limit them they all will not get finished people will quit posting them to help other's because every bit of stamina they have will go to defeat there own bosses since they can no longer rely on others to help since they will be limited. Keep bringing this issue up it's always going to end in the same result 100 percent no on it. Next time put it in the idea's section and see how much of a rating you will get it will be either between 1 and 4 the whole time it's on the board.

14. polishpimp

Simply put........... A limit to make things equal as far as xp received per stamina when comparing battles to bosses would put a limit on bosses so high that no one would ever reach it with the bosses that r currently available making your whole point mute because the imbalance works insanely in favor of the battle leveler

15. Das liebe Beil

Well, the imbalance you perceive, is marginal at best.

For 5000 Stamina I can get about ~1600k xp with a leveling partner close to my range and build.
    For 5000 Stamina blasted on bosses, I can get 500k XP if I hit every high-level Serpent Sorceress my clan can offer me. Usually I gain about 300k XP for bosses, if I hit ones with good xp, if I hit Helreginns and the like, I'll get only 80k to 100k XP for 5k Stam. A middle value for 5000 Stam, blasted on bosses would be about 200k XP for me. Let's go with that, makes proving my point easier.

So, with 200k XP gained from bosses, I do about a level and a half. With 1600k XP gained from battles I do about 12 Levels. Boss Leveling costs 8x the stamina of battle leveling on average.

Unlimited PvP will never happen, or KANO would be very, very busy freezing bots. Furthermore could dedicated players level into the thousands within days, for free. Something that would undermine a part of Kano's revenue, the money spent on Favor Points.

Sure, Boss levelers have an advantage, they're loaded with Boss Drops and can and will crush the pure PvP players. But please keep in mind that the money they spend is helping to keep Kano afloat. Limiting bosses is asking the paying players to leave the game, and sorry, without paying players the PvP players couldn't play the game, either.

My tip for you would be to farm Boss Rewards. It doesn't consume much stamina to get rewards and once you do this seriously, you'll see how your chances against people improve.

16. pappadoo1970

pappadoo1970 New Member

@Das ---

Boss levelers having the advantage is the reason a limitation is required. The developers do see this imbalance, a boss limit is coming whether this discussion is popular or not. Thanks for your comments.

17. Jon Ward

If your worried about players leveling and boss levelers tell your friends or yourself to start using slider's thats what they were put into the game for. If a player is not going to utilize every aspect of the game kano gives to them it's not the boss leveler's fault for being able to hog someone bosses.

18. Jon Ward

And unfortuantely your last comment of a limit on bosses is coming whether you like it or not show's how little you know about kano. No limit is coming or will be coming anytime soon on bosses. The developers have shot it down constantly to whether you like it or not yourself.

19. Das liebe Beil

Thanks for pointing that out again. Boss Limits = Kano annoying its best customers = Quick Death for the Games.

20. Jon Ward

Your welcome Das. I have seen this about 10xs now. Since i have became a mod. It get's posted in the idea's section stays for a week with poor ratings the developers when they do make there rounds and close the idea threads with poor ratings always vote no themselves on this because of the amount of players who always vote no on limiting bosses. Use what kano provides you it's there for a reason. Or like Das said do min damage on every boss you can craft them up and you will be suprised at how strong you will become. Don't blame others because of there game style of playing and doing bosses instead of fighting not everyone fights in games.