[PC] Pirate clan and cage matches

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Linda, Apr 11, 2012.

1. meandyou

meandyou Banned

it is a fight game see players complain they dont see fight drops well you wont get them if you dont fight yet again a player is focusing and idea of wat improves thier game and not the magority of the players , cage match is here so let it stay , that wat makes it different from the other two kano games

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

well thanks for clearing it up cage matching is here to stay, thanks :) now I know for sure .

3. meandyou

meandyou Banned

If Kano remove the cage match then they should also offer a skill points reset for the players that have set up their pirate so cagers dont beat them , no cagers mean no need for so much skill points in defense . There are more implications involved than just getting rid of it .

there is the compensation to players that do not need their defense so strong if there is no cage-match now. players do not think of the repercussions wen something is removed from the game . they just post an idea without thinking it through

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

well I stand by my idea, if prob won't happen but I still would like to something done to make cage matching not something players aspire to become ""cagematchers"" :( :( , Done with cagematching :)

5. gerardmccracken

gerardmccracken New Member

A skill point redistribution wouldn't begin to address the situation caused by changing the game. I have 3k+ def. Suppose I redistribute that to 1500 def and add 1500 to energy. How do you compensate for all the missions I would have been able to do/levels I would have gained if I hadn't decided to defend myself. There is an easy solution to cagers and it is defense and proper load out. But that isn't fun and requires some sacrifice.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
  6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

hmmmmm lol when you get some more fights and a few more levels under your belt, we should compare notes :)

7. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

well IMO a balance character makes more sense to me and "THEY " have given it alot of thought in fact for over a year's worth of thought :) and after seeing so many players who took the time and effort to utilize all aspects of the game instead of making excuses,IE I have no friends,I have no time,I can't be bothered etc ,be a victim of someone who has less than 100 clan and be some level 3,000 plus ,who by the way are not worth retaliating against since they drop low low xp, wreak havoc for being lazy , well i still say Cagematching was not one of the best ideas Kano had :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
  8. meandyou

meandyou Banned

i totally agree with you the cage match is a pain , but just removing it players that have built up their pirate because of it , if removed then should get compensation , for having to allocated skill points in defense to protect themselves from cage matchers, thing of all the bosses they have missed out because they run out of stamina , all the adventure drops they lost out on , get rid of the cage match yes if Kano compensates the players that has lost out because of it , it is not that simple just to remove it . as many playerrs have biultt their pirate up becase of it

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Now it looks like Das is hallucinating,since Atheistic's posts were removed.Now it looks like Das is saying someone,that no one can see,has brought up valid points on why cages should be left alone.

10. meandyou

meandyou Banned

Battle
    Battles Won: 58,288 Battles Lost: 35,212
    Battle Kills: 570 Death Count: 680
    Survival Streak: 37 Victory Streak: 7
    Counter Attacks: 448
    Cage-matches Won: 31,884 Cage-matches Lost: 5,515
    Cage-match Kills:

For someone to say get rid of it they have certainly made good uses of it and the lack of counters shove that this players is either always in hiding , or does not play much or they have every one but a few in their clan.

ok get rid of it by all means but i for one plus many thousand other active players want compensation, as in my case 80,000 stamina reimburse for setting counters on cagers , plus all the coin it cost me , then i would want skill points reallocated, so i can remove then from were i put them to stop the cagers, that is just me was about the thousands of others

it would take Kano months to do all this , making the game fall further been than it is now . all these ideas that are not thought through just waste players time Kano times

when you get an idea think it through what it will entail a good idea benefits every one not just the player that wants the change

i hate the cage but have learned to live with it because it is part of the game

it is like a family that has 6 children , and times get hard , they dont just get rid of a child , they make allowance for them so they all get same .

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

you want them you got them , enjoy them

12. meandyou

meandyou Banned

that is were you are wrong linda i dont like the cage matchers all i have done is point out what the implications to the game would be if it was removed , as many players have found out building up your defense was futile as the cagers were mostly lover levels that could lvl faster than higher players so they had the upper hand on the higher levels, so if it was removed then me and thousands of others would want to be reibersed wat they have lost because of it

13. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

A lack of counters does not mean a player is hiding at all. I rarely use counter attacks and leave my health up constantly when I am offline. This game for me is all about trying to be the strongest at your level. It is a tier game. If you are the strongest in your "pond" as it were you don't need to set a lot of counters.

My problem with caging has always been the pure cager, the player who sets up their pirate to do nothing but cagematch. As I've stated this pirate has an unfair advantage because the game starts them off with a built in defense (low exp. given out when attacked) and no need to acquire captains since all they need is a strong loadout. Maybe these pirates have been reigned in a bit by the changes implemented several months ago. I haven't really heard or even seen much of them since.

14. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

that was a general statement, to those who want it to continue for whatever the reasons are, I am leaving the thread up for awhile so everyone can have their say and then it will be gone, as I no long have an interest in it, on to other things :) but in closing and in hindsight, cagematching was not one of Kano's better ideas . As a new player ( me, being a real low level with no clan to speak of ) learning the ropes I used it against one player, who was on me like white on rice, till I realized he wanted to level off of it , at that time I started asking questions about the game and learned then and there that it was not something I wanted to do long term, so I learned and grew and started utilizing all aspects of the game and it took alot of time energy and effort, I have changed focus a few times , concentrating on a weak area, here and there but still feel having a better balanced character is the way to go, so I carry on, cagers can annoy others, have their fun and I can have mine. thanks everyone for the thoughts and opinions

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
  15. kayjay

kayjay Guest

got my vote linda