[PC] Pirate clan and cage matches

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Linda, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Again players are saying add to defense has nothing to do with that issue. When you build up your cage account its simple add straight to attack and stamina and some energy since you need it to move through the levels to keep your account with the best items. My defense is enough and there are few cagematching fools now who can beat me anymore since i am higher in level but its still exploited by many for pure laziness is all it is. If you do not like me using the word laziness then get over it my opinion and i am entitled to it. And the 25 hit limit on a person by caging is still a issue especially for smaller players and individuals at lower levels. If a cagematcher can not find anyone to attack what do they do with there stamina they go and just kill individuals off left and right even if they do not get the experience anymore just to be an annoyance in the game.

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

AH so this can be reverted, good to know, so caging could be reverted also ,thanks :)

3. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

How are cagers playing by the rules? The pure cager rarely has more than a few hundred captains. And not many people are going to start up new characters with little defense so that analogy makes no sense. You have to worry about the whole game as a regular pirate so you need a defense, cagers don't need one, that is the loophole.

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

My opinion is that cage matches should stay just the way they are.You chose how to build your account.If someone wants to build a cage account,they will have many disadvantages as well.All builds have strengths and weaknesses.

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Achievements were not involved with this.Cage has achievements.

6. Old Salt

I just remembered something else about caging that has nothing to do with pure cagematches but everything to do with another loophole in the game. I've noticed that pirates will use cagematching to burn through counters set on them. That is b.s. and another loophole. Why should pirates pay for counters only to see the attacking pirate not be effected by them? You should not be able to use cagematches against counters that are meant to ward off regular attacks.

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Caging counters still gives the attackers full XP and cash.Another change made to them.

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

nothing is written in stone, so you and I can debate this till the cows come home, caging needs to go, :) IMO it never should have been added to the game and the fact that Kano made adjustments to it because of most players dislike to it , which made it a tad easier to swallow this idea , does not mean it is or was the best way to go for the game , IMO

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

If you don't like that a cage matcher can beat you,then break out your wallet,spend $$$$$$$$$$$,gain levels,add to your defense,and move on.Kano will thank you for the donation.

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

And to prove a point,myspace will find their #10 rank caging whether win or lose.Unless cages suddenly disappear before he gets the chance.

11. Old Salt

You shouldn't have to break out your wallet to try to ward off someone who doesn't have to put anything into defense.

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

No one has to put anything into defense.No one has to put anything into attack.Can very easily get away with an all attack or an all defense character.

13. Old Salt

If you want to survive in this game you do. If you want to build a pirate with no defense that's up to you but 99 percent of the pirates in this game won't do that, it would be suicide. And your missing the point again. Cagers don't have to have a defense. Its not that they may or may not want to have one. They do not need one. The game protects them by the low experience payout they give when attacked.

14. gerardmccracken

gerardmccracken New Member

I don't think anyone is arguing that cagers need defense. My point would be that most players don't have adequate defense to ward off cagers. If they did there wouldn't be an issue.
    How about this: take away the daily stamina and energy boost because some players are taking advantage of "loophole" by having loads of stam and energy and leveling at a much higher pace than the average player. This argument is just as specious as cagers having an advantage. They don't, they just play different.

15. gerardmccracken

Old Salt, where does it state in the rules that you have to have a certain number of captains? I haven't seen anything stating a min on capts.

16. gerardmccracken

I will burn thru just as many counters as you want to put in place. I'm not a cager. I think counters and bounties just cheapen the game. But they aren't cheating or loopholes and neither is caging. If you don't like it i understand but to call it cheating is just not accurate.

17. Old Salt

Burning through counters that were meant to ward off attacks with cagematching is a loophole that is being exploited. Period. Many pirates could care less about their caging stats so they will use them in this case. I rarely use counters but I have heard of it being done and actually had a pirate do it to me. So why waste money on counters to ward off attacks if someone can just dispatch them with cagematching?

It doesn't state in the rules that you have to have a certain number of captains. Again your missing the point here. Cagers don't NEED to have captains, while regular pirates DO if they want to be able to use their weapons. All cagers need is weapons in their loadout. Again. The loophole.

I don't understand the comparison your trying to make about boosts as opposed to other players not needing defense. Pirates who have high stamina or energy levels are not exploiting any loopholes. That was their choice to bring their levels up that high. Again, that is not the same as having a certain type of player NOT NEEDING to put anything into defense because the game provides said player a defense already. Imagine how many stat points the people in your example could put into their energy or stamina to take advantage of boosts if they didn't have to worry about putting stat points into their defense. So I don't find any relevance here.

And again I ask because I haven't gotten an answer yet. How can you say that the reason people are losing to cagematchers is because their defense isn't high enough when they are going against players who can dump up to 2X their defense into their offense because said player does not need to put ANYTHING into defense? These players are never going to be able to match the cagers offense because they are not playing the same game. These pirates have to also have an offense if they want to play the game properly. Cagers don't need a defense to play their game. As I said the game takes care of it for them. This is the problem and the loophole.

18. gerardmccracken

I am in fact not missing the point. Cagers don't need capts. Okay. They don't put points into defense. Okay. They don't care about win/loss stats. Okay. I get it.
    Now you try and follow me. Cagers aren't cheating or breaking any rules. Period.
    I win against cagers because my defense is 3x my attack. That is an answer to your question. I have a roughly 30 to 1 win/loss ratio and a 6 to 1 against cagers.
    Pirates who cage are not exploiting any loophole. They are playing the game by the rules. Just because you're against it doesn't make it unfair.

19. gerardmccracken

Old Salt: Who gets to define proper game play?? You??

20. gerardmccracken

Why waste money countering period. I burn thru them by regular attacks.