[PC] Pirate clan and cage matches

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Linda, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I would very much like to see the cage match feature disabled in PC

2. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Wouldn't miss it. :cool:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  3. me too good idea

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Horrible idea.My guess is low defense.Cagers aren't a problem.It's already been limited to 25 cages with XP and 25 without XP.I'd actually prefer seeing cages in the other apps as well.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  5. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I believe cage matching should be gone completely or overhauled that in order to cage you have to have a certain amount of captains as you move through the game to compete against other players. Just pure laziness not to add players to a game and exploit a loophole allowing you to have 10 to 20 players and complete everything in the game. Either improve it so its played the way it should be or remove it completely. My vote is a 10

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

What loophole?What advantage?It's 25 with XP and 25 with no payouts.Why criticize the laziness of not to add capts,when it's also laziness not to have a sufficient defense.

7. john frances

john frances Member

Yes Linda toataly agree 10 stars

8. Old Salt

Agreed Jon. Unfortunately this feature I think was added to either give smaller pirates an offensive option or maybe just to encourage more fighting but there were people who quickly exploited the loophole it gave them, that they just had to load up on offense and not worry about getting captains. Thus was born the pure cager. These pirates were able to exist on the outskirts of the game but not follow its rules. Kind of ridiculous seeing level 2000 plus pirates with only ninety or so captains caging up a storm. You couldn't hit them back because they gave no experience so they didn't need a defense. It needs to be overhauled or done away with like you said.

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Plus,there is cage achievements.So,would you take away those achievements and skill points?And if not,then newer players won't have a chance for those achievements.Plus,a certain amount of cage wins is NEEDED to unlock a certain boss.Not the cage players fault someone with plenty of capts has a weak defense.Atheistic is over level 3600 on pirate and he loves cage matching.Plus he is the full 2000 size.

10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

keep the achievement if you have it, just get rid of caging no other game has it , it is unnecessary to begin with

11. gerardmccracken

gerardmccracken New Member

Cagematching is part of game. It would be unfair to players that built characters based on caging. There is no way to compensate someone that has allocated defense to protect themselves as opposed to energy stamina to level.
    The players that complain about cagers have no problem beating up on those who don't have a large clan. If not having a large clan is lazy then not having enough defense to fend off cagers is stupid.

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Then the newer players will have a disadvantage as they can't get those achievements which will make it impossible to get full achievements. I actually wish the other apps had this.

13. Old Salt

Pirates who lose to cagers don't necessarily have weak defenses. I know many who don't. My problem with cagers is all they have to do is load up on offense and the best loadout weapons and they are good to go. They can hang around the periphery of the game and cage people and not have to worry about retaliation because they give out such low experience when hit. That needs to be fixed. I myself never had much problem with cagers because I rarely ever lose to them, but I can see where others do and they have high defense. Why do regular pirates have to get their 2000 captains and the cagers don't? You should be in favor of overhauling it if you want the feature to stay. I remember when they introduced it into the game, it really hasn't added much.

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Someone answer what I posted already. You say it's laziness not to add captains,so are you saying it's not laziness by not adding to your defense?Hypocrites much?

15. Old Salt

It has nothing to do with people not having enough defense. Your missing the point. Cagers do not NEED a defense themselves so they can afford to throw everything just about that they have into offense so they can beat pirates in caging. They don't need any captains so they don't have to worry about purchasing weapons. All they need is the top weapons for their loadout. Time to bring these pirates back into the game. They want to cage, they should face the consequences.

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

And they only get 25 attacks with a payout and 25 with no payout.

17. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

easy enough to come up with a new achievement to offset a cage achievement . cagers do not need a defense and throw everything into offense, for a very unbalanced character and since no one is gonna answer their cage with a cage since they drop tiny xp they do have an advantage, but I do not care about that so much as just getting rid of caging, period, end of sentence

18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Someone with low health also drops low XP.Oh wait,Kano already tried making them die easier and reverted it.

19. Old Salt

That was an adjustment made several months ago. It used to be that they could cage all they wanted. My problem with it is what I said. These guys are exploiting a loophole. They do not need to put any stat points into defense. Any at all. Nobody will attack a cager because even with the revamped experience nobody will want to waste stamina attacking these guys. So in effect the game gives them all the defense they need. And they turn around and put all those stat points they would normally have to put into defense into their offense. So again it has nothing to do with regular pirates being lazy. Their facing a cager with so many stat points in their offense that it doubles the defenders defense, thus they lose the cagematches. That's not right. The regular pirates are playing by the rules.

20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Cagers are also playing by the rules.I could start a new character,add many captains,and still have little defense.Plus stock up so my loadout is attack heavy and weak on the defense.You would still get little XP from attacking.Add in low health,and that's even less XP.