Process Improvement at KANO/APPS and YOU

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Deltan, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I would also imagine many people have either a laptop or cell phone or Ipad besides their Computer and they can play off 2 accounts at the same time,

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

To add to my previous post.......

How many are familiar with the Casey Anthony case here in the states ? She was charged but found not guilty because the case was was based entirely on circumstantial evidence with no real proof, yet the overwhelming majority still believe her to be guilty.

Ive always been an huge advocate of ridding the game of alts, and without a doubt they are against the rules set forth by Kano, but where do u draw the line if a line is drawn at all? Is there a diff between players who use alts maliciously and/or to further the progress of their main account and those who simply have alts in order to try a different kind of build or just have something to do when the game stalls for their other account? Should there be varying degrees of punishment or an outright ban for any and all alt use? I stated previously that I think Myspace VC is at least 50% alts and Ive heard similar thoughts and worse about other games....if all alts and accompanying accounts are banned....do we run the risk of destroying the games? My personal thoughts are that there is a difference between the types or use of alts but I struggle greatly with how Kano might differentiate and police between the two.

I wonder if Kano were to allow players to have say two accounts and that both would have to be registered if that might help alleviate some of the problems. If u r found to have an unregistered account than u could be banned, while if u had a registered second account u could still try out a couple diff builds or have something else to do when one stalls. It might also help with overall player count. At the very least Kano could catch a ton of people with alts when they tried to register a mature account as their second account....lol

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

It's also possible to have your computer have 2 different IP addresses at the same time.Try catching that.As I said,I'm all for this,but I hope you catch the true cheaters and not a family or a shared IP.Multiple accounts is the hardest to prove,auto-play I would think is much easier to catch.

4. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Again please understand we will remove any post that suggests players or guilds or armadas mobs etc to all kano games. It's not a witch hunt to start throwing names and groups out there. If you have an accusation please send it in to kano support. Thank you.

5. Deltan

Deltan Member

6. polishpimp

SWeeeet was this on MS, FB or both? Can we know how many approx got banned and if its permanent?

7. Stevie Mac

Stevie Mac Member

Ok why anyone has to cheat on a game is beyond me in first place, defeats the whole purpose of gaming surely? If it is that important you win then my suggestion is 'go get a life'. Secondly I have spent on the main Kano game I play but until I see real and firm action on all the various forms of cheating mentioned in here, I will most definitely NOT be spending any more cash.........

8. LCNMOBWARSPlayer

LCNMOBWARSPlayer New Member

Amen to that, with all the cheating I refused to play and wouldn't put a Dime in the game anymore. If they allow top players to cheat knowingly and don't do anything; But allow other top players to cheat and get in trouble it seems it's more like a who's gonna kiss Kanos Ass. Oh Kano for someone that said LCN Mob Wars. Who doesn't advertise the true genius behind that whole LCN network. As we all know AKA Lucky Luciano. Charlie "Lucky" Luciano (pronounced "loo-tcha-noh") (born Salvatore Lucania; November 24, 1897 – January 26, 1962) was an Italian mobster born in Sicily. Luciano is considered the father of modern organized crime in the United States for splitting New York City into five different Mafia crime families and the establishment of the first commission. He was the first official boss of the modern Genovese crime family. He was, along with his associate Meyer Lansky, instrumental in the development of the "National Crime Syndicate" in the United States.
    [h=2]Reorganizing the Cosa Nostra[/h] Luciano now had businesses throughout the country. His longtime friend Meyer Lansky served as his right-hand man and adviser. When Dutch Schultz decided he was going to kill Manhattan District Attorney Thomas Dewey, in direct violation of Luciano's orders, Schultz was executed instead.
    Luciano had reached the pinnacle of America's underworld, directing criminal rules, policies and activities along with the other family bosses. He ran a powerful crime family which now bore his name, and he controlled lucrative criminal rackets such as gambling, bookmaking, loan-sharking, drug trafficking and extortion. Luciano was very influential in labor and union activities and controlled the Manhattan Waterfront, garbage hauling, construction, Garment Center businesses and trucking.
    Luciano abolished the title of Capo Di Tutti i Capi, insisting that the position created tension and trouble between the families. He felt that the ceremony of being 'made a soldier' in a family should be done away with. Meyer Lansky however, urged him against it, arguing that young people needed rituals to cling to. Luciano also stressed the importance of omertà, the oath of silence, and kept the organizational structure that Maranzano had instituted

The Mafia (also known as Cosa Nostra) is a criminal syndicate that emerged in the mid-nineteenth century in Sicily, Italy. It is a loose association of criminal groups that share a common organizational structure and code of conduct, and whose common enterprise is protection racketeering. Each group, known as a "family", "clan", or "cosca", claims sovereignty over a territory in which it operates its rackets – usually a town or village or a neighbourhood (borgata) of a larger city. Its members call themselves "men of honor", although the public often refers to them as "mafiosi".

Don't hate the KING of organized crime. We reinvented the game. Luciano Family Forever. Real Italian Gangster.

9. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

the kano TOS says that you are allowed one account . it doesn't say anything about being allowed multiple accounts so you can try alternate builds . you can try a build and if it doesn't work delete that account and start over . that's allowed and serves the purpose . also the TOS bans the practice of more than one player playing one account . it bans the giving out of your passwords to anyone , family or friends alike . violators of these rules and the use of bots should be banned , period .

10. gene illugi

funny how some players are already crying and trying to instill some doubt into kano's resolve to delete the cheats .

11. polishpimp

Nobody said the "TOU" allowed multiple accounts so u can try alternate builds....it was "suggested" as an idea. I love the idea of starting over....thats exactly why I did it myself.

Perhaps people should take a long hard look at guild mates and tell them the exact same thing they are saying here, the rules apply to everyone....not just those doing the ass kickings

12. gene illugi

i just hope that kano makes public the names of the cheaters as they are deleted . i for one would like to see how many of the cheats i've spotted over the years . also i believe "outting " the cheats might also act as a deterrent . i think certain guilds will be wiped out completely . DELETE THE CHEATS

13. polishpimp

I couldnt agree more....it would indeed be fun to see who everybody was both right and wrong about, Im sure there would be plenty of surprises and "i knew it" for everyone.

There r threads on making cheats names public, I believe Kano posted one not all that long ago where I voiced my support. Perhaps u could do a search and do the same if ur so inclined

14. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Fantastic news,delighted you are clamping down.Thanks Kano :)

15. Tracy Bingham

Tracy Bingham Member

Well clearly you didn't do it in PC cause 4 obvious ones are still playing. We weren't over exaggerating, we were actually excited at the prospect that something was going to be done. Funny thing is that so many who read that yesterday said "BS.. they aren't going to do anything" and guess what.. I think they were right.

I for one am totally pissed off that a player that we all know has been using alt accounts, that KANO staff admitted to me had 7 accounts linked to him frozen, is still playing today. In addition he has set about a campaign to smear me with not one word from KANO saying you have monitored my account to death and never found me to be using any type of auto programs. Couldn't cause I never have, clicked my way, 1 click at a time.

So, I remain disgusted with KANO's lack of response to people who obviously have been cheating. On the other hand was nice to see 4 players that we all know been playing each others accounts off line at same time yesterday, first time in MONTHS.. and again today... was nice for a change yesterday to know when they came on line .. we knew who we were playing against for a change. So in that respect your announcement was successful.

16. Tracy Bingham

Tracy Bingham Member

You know what Dylan??? THEN WHEN SOMEONE COMES ON HERE AND MAKES DA COMMENT AND NAMES PLAYERS... GET RID OF IT..I wasn't even following this thread until another player showed comment made about me. I AM TIRED OF BEING CYBER BULLIED BY PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

I have been harassed in VC because some people actually believe that POS PC player who has been suspended 7 da** times.

I have NEVER cheated to advance my pirate or viking.. and it is da** annoying, frustrating and maddening that KANO sees the crap being posted and does absolutely NOTHING.

SICK SICK SICK of it.

17. Tracy Bingham

Tracy Bingham Member

Well that is funny. I started over as well. Had KANO zero out 4500 level pirate and 2000 level Viking.

And for that I was accused of cheating. Surprise surprise by same person trying to accuse me of using auto heal.

Keep thinking to myself how DUMB can people be? If I was going to cheat all I had to do was start alt account like so many others have and leave my original pirate and viking in place to earn money and cause havoc whenever I wanted. But no, I choose to leave, then when I restarted did so AFTER talking to developers of the game so I was remaining true and legitimate.

Well.. look where that got me??? And a lot of folks have seen what has happened to me and decided to go the alt route instead of starting over because it is less of a hassle.

So KANO consider that as well. I could have, in fact was encouraged, to keep my identity a secret.. but really didn't think that was fair once I was at a level that I could somewhat defend myself against the people that made me want to quit to begin with.. so then I made sure everyone knew who I was to be fair. That completely back fired.

18. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Tracy,they did it in LCN last night, it will take awhile to get thru each game on both platforms, so nothing yet has been done in PC on FB

Yesterday 11:03 PM #66
    Deltan
    Administrator

Today we made a number of bans in LCN on alts and their owners. http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?7054 We'll be working our way through all of the games.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2012
  19. Tracy Bingham

Tracy Bingham Member

LOL ty Linda. If I played LCN I would care.. as last time they did ban it was on LCN players as well. Sorry but I have memory.

I know you are trying to help me Linda :) and appreciate it. But as you saw yesterday, I was unfairly and with no good reason named on this forum. I am SICK AND TIRED of KANO ignoring it.

It is blatantly unfair especially when the allegations are coming from a player they have repeatedly suspended. Of course I think the people that are listening to the BS are pretty much dumb. However, that is no consolation.

20. Animal DeLuna

Animal DeLuna New Member

well I like your mesagge...is not a crime...we need to make gp's when the broadband connection is down...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.