Process Improvement at KANO/APPS and YOU

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Deltan, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deltan

Deltan Member

Hello Players,
    As we ramp up our new support department, we're taking the time to get processes and policies set more firmly in place. This is part of an overall internal strategy to position KANO to grow. We need to delegate duties that previously fell in the hands of the developers to the right people hired to handle these jobs. One such area that has previously been handled without a dedicated focus has been around game abuse and specifically the policing of alt accounts.

Alt accounts are by far the most commonly reported form of game abuse. We are going to take a firmer stance against the use of alts across the board. We are developing the tools to give us greater visibility into the activities of our players and enabling our support staff to take firm action with greater swiftness.

What does this mean for players? We know a number of players use alts and share accounts with friends. We know who you are, stop doing it, now. For some of you however, it's too late, the decision has been made. Starting tomorrow, we will be banning a number of players for egregious use of alts in one of the games. An announcement will go up for each game when we've performed this action.

As time goes on, we'll be doing the same in other games and clamping down strongly on other forms of cheating. Our goal is to improve the game experience for everyone, to level the playing field and make it a great place to play. This is not something that is going to happen over night. We are ramping people up, developing the tools we need, and because of that it's quite an involved process. We want to share with you all our plans and keep everyone informed of our progress in this matter.

Please continue to report people you suspect of using alts to support@kanoapps.com.

We hope this news is supported by everyone. I for one am thrilled to see this direction and firm stance taken.

2. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

We need a like button for this. Awesome to hear from Kano!

3. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Have my support. Whats the point in playing a game when you have to use scripts and bots. To help you advance.

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

all I can say is WOW and thanks :) and I am thrilled with this news :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
  5. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

My name is Wonder Bread and I support this message!

6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! oh wait....there goes what few rivals i have....lol

7. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Outstanding

Thank you for listening. I really appreciate your taking on this issue. The abuse was so blatant

8. Call me skeptical but I'll believe it when I actually see it. If it actually happens, I'll gladly admit that I was wrr... wrrrro.... mistaken.

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Honestly.... Tomorrow is either going to be the greatest day ever in the history of Kano apps or something Akin to Geraldo Riveras opening of Al Capones vault. I would estimate that Myspace VC is well over 50% percent alts......PLEASE START THERE!

10. LadyPaula

LadyPaula New Member

I have to admit - I LIKE! saw so much crap in Zynga - can't wait to see someone really do something!!!!!! MAKE A LIKE button!!!!!! LOL

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I certainly hope you're able to tell the difference between alt accounts and family accounts OR accounts that share the same IP to save on internet costs.I certainly hope the difference is distinguishable.Don't get me wrong,I'm all for this,but at the same time I would like to just list scenarios that might be suspicious but don't prove alt usuage.
    One example is two accounts online at the same time and coming from the same IP.One is active while the other is idle.This is not proof of an alt but could be labeled as suspicious.
    One of those accounts could throw a bounty and then the other account becomes active to try and grab that bounty while the account that listed is now inactive.Again,suspicious,but it's not proof.
    I'm sure the last thing anyone at Kano wants is to freeze legit players that might be confused as using an alt(s).

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  12. Fearless Walker

Fearless Walker New Member

A simple Thank You ;):D

13. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

This is Wonderful News!!!!!!! Thank YOU Developers for Listening to your players!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ Wonder Bread!

14. Carol Anderson

Carol Anderson New Member

about time well done Dev thank u very much hugs

15. Peter Markow

Peter Markow New Member

As great as the news of better enforcement towards cheating are, I and a FEW more, really feel that alternate accounts is not the main problem...auto-clickers are.

The reason for this is simply it is a clicking game.

Please, catch the cheating auto-clickers and ban them to Kingdom Come!

16. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Well, we'll see where this heads.

I sure hope that account-sharing and multi-accounts will start to vanish from the game. MW: LCN on MS is filled with them to the brim. Other games also have their notorious alt users.

There are other instances where you can be pretty sure that these accounts are alts, especially if they're used to feed one guild war points by chainlisting these accounts.

I do hope for the best and expect the worst, it's better this way, so there won't be any disappointment.

17. DMQ

DMQ Member

Can you explain what your going to do to the ppl you let buy accounts!!

The ppl who brought them obviously use more than 1 account

Or is there a special "Ignore them" rule in operation when kano lets ppl have other accounts ?

18. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I hope that this action - hope - ends the defamatory language used against most top players, for "cheating" "access" "alts" "minis" and the like. Most high levels I have met, have no time for such conduct. A rare few have in the past used "access." We will see how far past goes.

To the sanctimonious and I have been there too: don't get your hopes up. The "IP Blocks" that Kano has had the ability to trace or log, for years, has rarely caused anyone to lose their account, despite instant continent or trans-oceanic travels. Due to company policy on not commenting on investigations, the evidence of them not losing their account, is the evidence of their playing clean, and in some sense, "you" not understanding what is really going on.

I agree 100% with Peter Markow on a scourge of the game, the "juiced" mouse or the simple auto-clicker with its set cadence. This issue is known to the developers and many suggestions have been made in the past.

19. CrazyMonkey

CrazyMonkey New Member

This is great news, well done to KANO.

Personally I feel that once that an alt acct has been proven by KANO without risk of any reprisals, there should be a thread put here in the forums that "Names and Shames" those players and which game they played.

This thread rated 10/10.

20. bumpy955

bumpy955 New Member

well done for what? weve heard this all before.

ill rate this when i see something has been done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.