June 15th- Developer Update Server Maintenance

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We recently uncovered an issue with our server upgrades that were performed a week ago and have had to apply immediate updates to improve performance. Unfortunately applying the updates have caused the following to happen:

- rival lists will be cleared
    - elite chieftain requests will need to be resent
    - repeat bounty costs will be reset
    - some other lower priority data may be (action limiters, etc)

We may have to do this again in the next week or so to fully fix the issue that was uncovered. Thank you for your understanding.

2. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

Well, it cleared last night and just cleared the rivals and reset the attack counters again...thanks for the warning this time...

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Sorry Rob, we just found another issue that needed to be fixed with some of the servers, I did mention the following above:

"We may have to do this again in the next week or so to fully fix the issue that was uncovered. Thank you for your understanding."

This should be the last time for a while. Sorry for the inconvenience.

4. i know this is viking,but this thread was the one that surfaced again.

i just clicked to collect inner earnings(on pirate),the page refreshed on me and suddenly the earnings werent there anymore.

i havent a clue if i actually received them or not.

5. Robert Belrose

ok, as long as you are sorry,lol....was hoping the visiting profile thing while hitting someone on a bounty was fixed but doesn't look like it...

6. Robert Belrose

that wasn't a very long while- reset again,lol

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

For those technically interested we performed an upgrade to our caching servers last week and found a couple of issues that were likely impacting performance that required us to flush stored data and perform another upgrade. We think that we have now fixed all the issues.

8. i hope so.i keep getting someones counters down pretty far.then the reset happens and i have to start all over again.

hopefully its fixed this time.but as always,thanks for the warning.

9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We should be good now for a while unless something catastrophic happens.

10. well lets hope not.i trust that you guys fixed the problem(s)completely.

11. i just caught your heal update.very very nice.much much needed update.thank you.