get rid of the bounty delay

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by polishpimp, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Rick Soto

Rick Soto New Member

I didn't know higher players were being punished with a delay but that is something that I certainly welcome as a lower lvl player. Bounties disappear too fast in VC that it's kinda pointless to click on the bounty button, wait for the page to load and hope the bounty's still there. It's also a good thing I know this for I should now dedicate my time to bounty hunting instead of leaving it for later lvls which was my plan.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight....Your cool with the fact that the harder and longer u work...the more restricted u become?

If your waiting to see the bounty come up b4 u click to go to the page u wont have much success at bounty hunting, u must sit on the bounty page and be constantly refreshing for any real chance

3. Bubba

Bubba Member

There used to be an even bigger problem for bounty hunters in that you could only click on the bounty link a certain number of times before it blocked you out, which included the attack button when a bounty was placed. So this meant that a "healer" on the list would block out almost everyone from getting any bounties for a period of time.
    I think the delay is unfair to those that want to bounty hunt but not having the delay is unfair to those that are trying to get the bounties to get to be a higher level player. Keeping in mind that the delay happens after you have taken several bounties, then the restrictions are not so bad.
    I would like to hear from Kano if the delay is part of the game and what the rules are for it, so to be a better judge if the delay is fair or not.

4. polishpimp

I think the delay not only depends on the number of bounties....but either your level or power of ones account and possibly the level or amount of the opponent. My delay starts after 5 bounties

5. Rick Soto

Rick Soto New Member

I couldn't have said it better myself.
    It does seem unfair for higher levels that they be forcefully "calmed down" by being active. Instead they should apply it to everyone. This is something that everybody would benefit from and get more people involved on bounties. I seldom hunt b/c they disappear too fast so having a "cool down" on hunters would allow others to engage in the activity as well.

6. Deltan

Deltan Member

I have this idea in front of the devs this week, I hope to have some input soon. As you may or may not have noticed, we had some downtime on the weekend that has taken priority of everyone today.

7. Puhlease! Do you think that we didn't have to claw our way to the top? Why should it be any different for you??? Cuz you suck? Look, we ALL started at level one. I'm so tired of you whinny players who think you should get a break from us at the top. We weren't always at the top!!! Grow a pair, get faster and quit whinning!

Oh, and the first half of your comment seems to contradict the second half. Which is it? Unfair to higher levels or should they be forced to "cool down" so you have a chance?

8. DoNRaDu

DoNRaDu Member

at the start of this thread i told you i got a delay of 15 seconds but i didnt follow this thread to see whats beeing said.
    Just wanted to mention the delay was on hi5, i got a great pc and internet connection (so its not at my end). I play Mob Wars.
    I first saw the delay when chatting to a friend and she kept telling me "look at all the hits" and i didnt see any.
    So i figured i got too many so thats why i get a delay now.
    I didnt investigate further cause it was near the end on hi5 and didnt feel like doing the work anymore...

9. polishpimp

I wish Kano would at least address the questions raised in this thread...so players can at least make an informed decision. In emails to myself in the past Kano has denied there was any type of bounty delay which was obviously a lie and can be proven. Did Kano in fact lie about the existence of the bounty delay and they simply dont want to admit that they are restricting players that have achieved success fairly under their rules of play?

Im confused....Isnt the whole idea of leveling to get skill points so we can than strengthen are accounts in one of the five attributes in an effort to get stronger or better in particular categories such as attack strength, defense, boss smashing bounty hunting etc etc....? Why then would Kano start restricting players once they have seen all their hard work and money payoff?. It would seem that Kano is selling us a load of BS and in fact once we get to a certain point its actually counter productive to level because the more u do or the better u get at a particular aspect of the game....the more limits and restrictions u run into in the name of keeping it fair and spreading the wealth to all levels. If thats the case....wouldnt it be better to stay a mid level player? I think Kano needs a lot more transparency in this area so players dont waste their time and money funding their own demise. Bounty delays is not the only area this is happening....it happens in nearly every aspect of the games. Ive been doing extensive testing with players of all levels in every aspect of the games. I will publish my findings both here and off site so players will know the truth. Stay tuned.

10. I whole heartedly agree with this idea. 10 stars from me :)

11. Rick Soto

Rick Soto New Member

I apologize for sounding like I'm whining, not the case, but please stop whining about how higher players have to put up with lower players who whine too much :rolleyes:
    Truth is the game does not belong to either higher players or lower players (and no, high level players or players who have been playing for ages don't have more voice than newbies); it's supposed to be fun and to present its ideas to everyone so there needs to be a balance.

And yep, I did expand my point of view. Instead of having a delay on higher levels only (I do welcome the idea, the concept, but it seems unfair to restrict the crowd), expand it to everyone who engages on hunting.
    I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say without me pissing you off even more, I'm not trying to do that either.

12. polishpimp

So whats the good word?

13. Shadowmaster

Shadowmaster Member

Couldn't agree more! I was wondering what was up, I had 380 bounty kills when I hit lvl 1k a week ago and then in these past few days I hit lvl 1200 and over 500 bounty kills. I noticed this delay when the same individual was bountied repeatedly. So annoying and useless in my opinion. The Math problem is fine for me, I have only had it stop me from a bounty twice and I actually like that it is super easy to fill out. I could be wrong but I don't even think there are any bots in facebook VC for the bounty list because it all seems to be generally very fair. I played the old mob wars and I know what a system is like when it's clogged with bots, this one is not, that's why it's the only game I play anymore (Good job on that one Kano). 10 stars from me.

14. Deltan

Deltan Member

It's in front of the devs, just a waiting game. There's a long list, a lot of priorities. Nobody is "avoiding" this thread, we just haven't gotten around to it. This has been this way for a few years now is my understanding, it's not new.

15. polishpimp

I understand that....but u stated previously tat things were being looked at ii order received yet im still seeing ideas that were posted well after this one and that have less support being accepted .

16. So the delay has been confirmed ?

17. DoNRaDu

DoNRaDu Member

every hunter knows about it, just ask in the game you're playing.
    after a certain number of bounties collected you get a delay.
    i got to 15 seconds delay on HI5 a few months ago, had a friend list someone and check how much it takes me to see that bounty. 15 SECONDS!!!

18. polishpimp

Wow...this one has been sitting in front of the devs a loooooooooooong time.

I literally cant catch more than a couple of bounties b4 im delayed for hours at a time....Its simply ridiculous. At this stage of my game there is not a whole left to do and I would like to contend for the bounty catching title but the game simply wont let me. Had i Known that delay was going to kick in I would have concentrated on bountys much earlier in levels. Now that ive honed my stats ans skills how is it fair that Im limited as to what i can do? Does this not in large part negate the point of leveling up and getting stronger? Get rid of the limits/restrictions and allow at least one part of the game to be straight up and fair to all! Let our dedication , quickness and hand/eye coordination be the deciding factor.....not some stupid imposed limiter.

My oldest son is home on leave from the Navy and he started an account, while watching him start out I was/am thoroughly disgusted at how much is afforded the lowest levels that the higher levels dong get. The lowest of levels get handed favor points like they are candy, how the hell does that make any damn sense? Is as easy as pi to level up at that stage where as i rarely get a favor point and i need nearly 300k to level, seems to me u got this crap ass backwards. Hell...when I first started They didnt even have hunter challenges etc etc, yet my boy is seemingly getting favor points all the time from them. He gets battle drops like nobodys business and Im lucky to see one a day!

Protection for the lower levels is one thing but the bonuses and advantages they get is an entirely different thing....in fact its complete BS. There is not a doubt in my mind that if I were to start over again today I could build a far superior account in much less time than I have my previous 2. Ive already did it once with the advantages at the time and u can see what an advantage that was...WHEN DOES IT END?

Let r dedication and the stats weve earned play out the way they should...DO NOT LIMIT THEM! When it comes to bounty hunting....r numbers, patience, quickness and hand eye coordination should be the deciding factor of who get the bounty.....imposed delays do nothing but cheat players out of what they have rightfully earned...If your going to impose delays and limits as to what we can actually do and that impede r play....then u shouldnt be accepting a penny from anyone without first fully disclosing that your gonna screw em over once they do exactly what the game is set up and designed to do. What u r doing may not be illegal....but it certainly is unethical and immoral.

19. Deltan

Deltan Member

Not sure how many different ways I can say it, we have a lot on our plates. We are working through the queue and prioritizing internally as we can.

20. polishpimp

Not be intentionally rude...but I sure hope being fair to the players is going to top that priority list. When i say "fair"...I mean the true definition of fair...where no one has an unearned advantage or disadvantage simply because of there level , success or lack there of in the game, not the ....lets "level the playing field" for everyone despite their level type of fair which tends to penalize players for doing exactly what the game is designed to do.