[Other] no XP for riding...No XP for those that attack

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Mar 8, 2012.

1. dont panic pimp -his got 3 levels thanks to you JJ/Polish .. other way you will no run to forum and complain here hehehehe

2. I will be discussing the topic of Signature sizes, with the development team :)

At the moment, if you have any issues regarding a users signature, then please contact support.

If you need the link, I can provide that for you...

As for the thread in general, I was meerly giving my opinion and rated it 7 stars, I still think there is a chance for abuse if XP is rewarded. but I think that XP should be rewarded based on the amount of stamina used to take down the hit.

Maybe it can be rewarded with the cash at the end of claiming a hit? If no hit is claimed no XP?

just a couple suggestions from my point of view.

They pretty much lose it all anyway, when/if the large levels come back and attack them :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I respect your opinion...but your killing me here....nowhere in my idea did i suggest i wanted XP to be awarded., im suggesting the exact opposite.

4. I know you weren't suggesting that, I was just giving a general suggestion, I should have quoted the original member who did suggest XP, sorry for that.

I did upgrade my rating to a 7 because I think your idea has potential.

But one thing you have to remember:

XP has been rewarded to hunters since the game has started, if it is removed now it may penalize other users who can't claim the XP, I think to implement a change this late in the game may not go down so well, and To be honest why should others be allowed to claim XP from hunting, and others not.

Like I say, I like parts of your idea and I'm not the person who is the decision maker but I'm passionate so I'll put my suggestions and concerns across :)

Thanks Polishpimp :)

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

ok so you are suggesting no one gets xp? win or lose?? while going for a bounty as well as the bountied person who does get none, if I am understanding, right, I see no harm , but then again I am not a bounty hunter but for those that are, sounds like something to discuss and look into

6. polishpimp

Yes...im suggesting no one gets XP win or lose. The bounty price itself should be enough reward. I

In the past it has been suggested that those riding the list should get XP, but many were against this because they felt it could be abused. Players for that suggestion felt that being able to ride the list is a great feat and should be rewarded.

For some odd reason...many players think that because someone is on bounty....they must have done something wrong and deserve the loss of XP, when in all reality we all know that anyone can and has been be tossed up on the list for any ole reason. ....so everyone on the list is not worthy of some punishment (loss of XP). so why should they be doubly penalized for not doing anything (no xp from fights and the loss of XP upon death). This debate was lost and we still have the current system.

My logic is that it is an amazing feat to have an account that can take on all comers while riding the list. If there is no reward to be had and only a penalty for the one on bounty(regardless of reason), then those attacking shouldnt get the potentially huge reward (in my case 14t base bounty) in addition to racking up xp for as long as im up there. A player could potentially level off someone riding the bounty list. The whole point of not awarding XP to someone on the list is so it cant be abused by the rider leveling.....but the way its currently set up....the attackers can abuse it by leveling.

7. Thanks for that post it has cleared it up for me!
    Now I find myself totally agreeing with you, people who can beat you shouldn't benefit from the constant XP they will get, making it easier for them to level, and if they get the cash they get double the reward..

But if they don't get the bounty they are essentially wasting stamina for 0 xp? that's the only thing that's putting me off! :)

8. Daniel Mansfield

Daniel Mansfield New Member

i gave this 1 star i think bounty hunters should get to keep the xp they get from hunting as not every hunter gets the cash reward even if they did all the work to lower the persons health ready for the kill hit also bounty hunters are in a sense performing a service helping to kill players that are causing fellow players grief and for those who think xp should be given to people who ride the list being placed on the bounty list is ment as a form of punishment (the xp they lose from being listed is pathetic but that is for a different rant) and just because you are strong you should not be rewarded for getting yourself listed thus riding the list should not be seen as an achievement although it takes skill it is simply prolonging the inevitable.

9. pineappledog

pineappledog Member

I agree that it is a miscarriage of justice that one side gets XP and the other doesn't but there is the obvious bot issue as people have mentioned. What if the first 'x' amount of attacks, for arguements sake say 50 wielding XP and their were a few achievements for riding the hitlist like 10, 25, 50 and 100 attacks survived. You have to give credit to those who legit ride the list, I tried it and got to 8 attacks :D

EDIT: I'll give it an 8 but definately a 10 if both sides gain but the listed person is capped as I mentioned!

10. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

My only thought on if your not getting xp for riding, you don't get xp for attack.... for those attacking, the fights win/loss should go on their hitlist stats and not their fight stats.

I would probably rather see this then see players getting xp for ridding the list.

Also, I don't know about the other games, but in ZS you only get xp for the first 20 attacks. So really that's not worth complaining about.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  11. WOW!!! Did this threat get misunderstood or what lol

10 stars from me... No XP when attacking the hitlist.

My reasoning is completely different from everyone else's though.
    When attacking the hitlist and winning the XP is usually pretty good... unless its some lowbee with poor health
    When you attack the hitlist the win or loss go's to your hitlist wins or loses... right? (stay with me now)
    Every single XP you gain from the hitlist, boss's, challenges, outbreaks, or whatever is 1 less XP you have to work with in fights.
    (in other words, one less fight win on your basic fight stats)
    The higher you level up the fewer and fewer people there are to fight on the fightlist.

In short, gaining XP from attacking the hitlist hurts your fight wins stat.

Funny thing is... the basic game etiquette of killing anyone who hitlist attacks you, lol, corrects that issue.

Off topic but I never have understood the point of attacking past 20 or hitlisting the little guys that attack you while riding... They are the ones raising your hitlist wins, why run them off :S

12. DoNRaDu

DoNRaDu Member

what if no xp is given to the attacking player but all win/losses go to your main stats instead of the hitlist stats?

13. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Interesting - so when some people can kick anyone in and out of the gates of Valhalla, they should get as much experience as they can, but once the tables are turned on them, and they get the same treatment they used to give to others, and they find themselves being beaten to a pulp, the experience should be taken away? Get used to it, there's a new Sheriff in town.

14. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

I notice you were ok with getting as much experience as you could, until someone else knocked you out of 1st place. Gee I wonder why we have this post here?????

15. alka

alka Banned

No xp for hunting is a bad idea. I would sooner have the xp than the bounty. Plus, if it's someone who has me ambushed I can fill my boots. I have no fight list, I often land up with a 1xp bonus off bosses and challenges end up at 1xp by the end of the day.
    Lets all become energy players then we won't have to fight at all!!!

O/T
    No xp loss for riding seemed a good idea, but there are those who list there own faction members for fun and are already clicking the heal button b4 they go up. Far too easy.

16. polishpimp

Your argument would be great if in fact everyone on the hitlist was put there for causing others grief. I would dare to say the majority of bounties r out of spite or someone going for an achievement.

17. polishpimp

Look at it as playing the lottery......many will pay to play but there is only one winner. Its just the gamble u take for the potentially huge payday. Most bounties stay up mere seconds.....not a lot of wasted stam there. The ones that do ride a substantial time....have huge bounties...hence the risk is worth the reward

18. polishpimp

I appreciate the supportive rating.

The bot thing does not come into play if no one is awarded XP and its just about the bounty

19. polishpimp

I have no problem putting the wins/losses in a separate category...but since boththe attacker and the rider are credited thee wins/losses I dont understand why it would make a diff.

In ZS do u only get XP for the first 20 attacks even while hitting someone on bounty? Not the same in the other games.

20. polishpimp

fine by me