Boss Limits

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Craig Day, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Gordon H

Gordon H New Member

Well I guess we could put this another way Pimp. The majority don't go and over hit a boss to oblivion. You seem to like what the majority do, so hey follow the majority,

2. One point that HASN'T been made is that every time one of Kano's servers crashes (which seems to be happening more and more, lately) the limit resets to it's default settings. Several people don't realize this and get their bosses absolutely crushed by someone with high stamina and selfish motives. Changing it to the minimum would eliminate THAT problem, altogether.

Far and away, the people that are most vehemently against any change at all to bosses are the boss levelers that wish to keep the status quo. I'm still in favor of limiting the max damage one can do to a clannies boss but this would be a fair compromise to the problem. What's the problem?

3. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Oh the mystery is solved. Pimp and the other one have the most boss kills in Myspace. Even the Facebook top boss hitter has said this not a bad idea per se. (Sorry Lawrence corrected your spelling just cant help myself)

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

In no way am I trying to talk down to you.....Im simply trying to get u to see what it is your clearly missing. If u take the players hitting the boss completely out of the equation...then its all about the boss owner...correct? The majority of boss owners dont set limits on their bosses on purpose? Your suggested change will would have this majority performing extra steps.

What do u mean I wont be able to do as much damage? of course I will, the only thing that will change is that the boss owner will have to perform another step in order for me or anyone else to kill the damn thing. Why is that so hard for u to understand? R u disputing my claims that the majority of players dont set limits?

If a seasoned players doesnt know about the limits that have been around for a very long time now....Im not sre anything is going to help them at this point. As far as newbs go....Its live and learn like the rest of us...most will figure it out in short order. Since when was ignorance of the rules/law an excuse? If a player forgets once or twice...big whoop....at least it would be the minority that was affected and not the majority.

Grand Poopah eh....not only isnt that the case...but im just a guy who wants what best, easiest and fairest for the masses. Not only are these forums open to both networks....but u certinly didnt specify on which network u were talking about. In addition....99.9 percent of the games updates affect both networks exactly the same. If u think they r gonna make a change like this in one game and not the other....you r sorely mistaken.

The one and only way your idea would ever make sense is that the majority of players actually preferred to set limits...and that is simply not the case. So instead of accusing me of ulterior motives...ya better go take a long look in the mirror buddy!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  5. polishpimp

Ru kidding me....the majority simply cant. My guess would be that if they could they would

6. polishpimp

Good point. But thats a server issue that needs to be addressed. Fortunately the majority prefers no limits....so in the unfortunate event of a server crashing...at least its minority that is affected

7. If I set a limit it's the same no matter which boss I share. I don't know how or if it could work in the design but what about a default slider we can choose to set on min, max, or whatever in between to be our default on all bosses? That would help 100% of the players which is the majority I would say.

8. polishpimp

So which is it? Are u simply a liar or just misinformed. I am far from leading either category of bosses killed or helped on. Not that the boss kill stat even matters considering it only counts ones own bosses that have been killed. In addition....i dont even actively power level anymore and have no plans to ever do it again...so your theory of me debating this for selfish reasons is moronic at best. Other than my own bosses,,,Ive killed maybe 10 in a weeks time

9. polishpimp

Thats a good idea Jerome, i just dont see as a big prioritity (not that u said it was...lol)

10. Methinks your opinion is biased on the issue, Polish.... [PIMP] POLISHPIMPIN Boss Kills 2,688 Bosses Helped 32,446. You hit bosses like you're tap dancing on bubble wrap.

Again, I ask... What is the problem with making the default setting the minimum instead of the maximum? The *MAJORITY* of players actually set limits on bosses until they are of a high level. The *MAJORITY* of people playing the game are of a lower level than of a higher one and fall into that category. On top of that, the server crashes resetting bosses to the default dmg would seem to make it a better solution for the vast *MAJORITY* of VC (since some higher levels also set limits).

It just seems to me that simply saying "it's never been this way before and I don't like it because I won't be able to crush bosses" is probably more intellectually honest an argument for you to try to make than trying to say you're an advocate for what's best for the *MAJORITY* of VC.

By the way... you're currently #4 in the world on bosses killed and #2 in the world for bosses helped (Myspace totals).

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  11. I don't know, I'm just brainstorming. I have no problems with it set at min. for the default. I really don't mind either way. That's what the OP asked for and that's why I agree. I have forgot to set a min. a few times that resulted in a friend killing my boss but I honestly don't mind. I always tell anyone I share a boss with to just hit till they either hit a max or keep going till they have all they want. I have actually thought about spending some GP and tearing up some bosses but I know I have clan that either don't know about the limits or would forget and alot of folks are a bit touchy about someone killing or tearing into their boss too much. If the default were to be set at the min. I would be more comfortable about hitting till I get to the limit and would hit more bosses. All that said, are there any clans out there with Helregin's that I can totally have when the time comes for me to try out boss leveling?

12. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Darn it Mike there you go messing up the issue with facts. Looks to me that you are the minority on this one Pimpster.

13. Deb

Deb New Member

Boss leveling is very expensive and boring as heck! I, like many others, have supported KANO from the very beginning and was happy to do so. However, we had the challenge debacle leveling and that was corrected within three days because it was abused. We had the "helping challenges" limited because of abuse of leveling that way. I am not sure if you all realize how leveling is being done at the top now, well by a few, including myself, to stay competitive, but it is purely boss leveling. If there is not a limit on the amount of bosses done daily or a mechanism that a player cannot do more damage than the owner, you will find your pocketbooks empty or unable to compete. It is just a matter of time before you are in this position. Having said that, vacation was superb and a great way to spend my money!

14. polishpimp

lol....Apparently you missed my last few posts. Im no longer power level....so bosses are the least of my concern personally. Im debating this idea because the Majority of players in fact do not set limits on their bosses (at least here in myspace). How do I know this? Because by far the majority of active players in MS are my clan. As I stated earlier...on a good day maybe 2 out of 10 will set a limit.

Ive already covered the server point in a previous post...so i dont see the point of revisiting it other than to say that Kano has stated that they r working on the server issue and Im hoping it will not continue to crash and I certainly dont think we should base the entire game around whether it does crash. There r more important things that get screwed/reset up by the servers crashing, Kano has also stated that they r trying to make it so these things dont get reset....perhaps where one sets their boss limit will be one of these things.

Yes...Im number 4 and 2....both which put me far behind the leaders of those categories.

Yes ...I am an advocate for whats fair to all players. Like I said...I dont actively power level and dont see ever doing it again. Furthermore ...I think I have a unique Perspective on things that most dont enjoy. Ive had 2 accounts in MS VC...both of which were #1 at some point. One of these accounts was started prior to most if not all major updates (including bosses) and was then retired. The second account was started after the majority of the major updates and is the account I still play (just very limited). I also Play other accounts of varying levels (from protected status all the way up) in all Kanos games in both FB and MS. So myself with a very small handful of other players not only has a better vantage point....But Ive lived it all at diff levels both b4 and after. My position in the games and length of time played has also afforded me the opportunity to have more clan than most ( both active and inactive) that I hear from and talk about the games and their likes dislikes to on a regular basis. This combined with the fact that Im as active as a forum member as they come and have served as a moderator which allowed me to see a lot of what goes on behind the scenes. Ide say I have a pretty damn good grasp of what going on with the games and players...more than most anyways.

15. polishpimp

WTH are u talking about? nice rating btw!

16. polishpimp

Not sure what your trying to say. If people wanna blow a chunk of change....so be it. It is after all what keeps these games going. I prefer to not give Kano anymore money...but only because Ive exceeded all my goals and i dont like the direction Kano is heading. Its not as if there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow....its more like the energizer bunny...it just keeps going and going...lol

Glad u enjoyed the Vaca. Thinking of doing the same ;)

17. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Couple things on this thread.

1. When bosses were designed the intent was not there to have boss owners do 0 dmg but still get awarded the kill, that does not make sense especially since there are achievements tied to boss kills for the owner. This one is on our bug fix list and hopefully it is safe to say that everyone can be in agreement that the owner should do "min-dmg" on the boss to be awarded the kill.
    2. Moving the boss dmg slider to persistent storage (so that it doesn't disappear when our cache servers die) can coincide with a "one slider" fits all approach, where you set the dmg percentage and it will apply for current boss and future bosses until you change it again.

Any issues? If so, what are they...

18. @ Kendall

1. Agreed, Boss owners should always have to do the minimum to get awarded the kill.
    2. Sounds like a decent compromise. After a few days everyone could get this set like they want it and leave it set till they want to change it. I like this for the way I set my limits since I usually set them around the same percentage on every boss I want to share.

To be clear, with this change I could set my helper max damage to say 10% one time and it would stay on that for every new boss I start till I change it? If this would be the case I am liking this suggestion 100%. I see no issues. I'm not sure if this satisfies the OP of this thread but it works for me.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  19. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

How ridiculous, what difference will just making the account owner of a boss do the minimum damage and then letting the players who are using that account obliterate the rest of the boss.
    It's insane and solves nothing whatsoever.
    A boss owner should have to do at least 51% of the damage on their own boss, that way it will help eliminate a lot of the abuse. If a player cannot do 51% of their own damage then obviously the boss is too strong and makes you wonder if it should still be in use in the game, after all do the awards not stop at level 50 for a boss.
    Also any player that comes on every 2 days and hands over their bosses in the way the example shows is at best not a player, and is an account just being used to further another players game. Whatever you wish to call it, it is not right.
    Any player that is in favor of this kind of abuse is obviously doing the same thing so why ever would they want change.
    Stop tinkering on this DEVs and make a change that really matters.

The owner do minimum damge, what a joke, dont you get it KANO how will that affect the cheating and abuse.

20. Good points Mike. Kendall's idea just addresses the original idea in this thread and would solve that idea. Perhaps a new idea thread needs to be opened addressing what the original intent of bosses was. Was bosses suppose to be used for 1 player to turn them all over to one other player so they can level up fast? I would think not. You can call that " friends helping friends " all you want but when someone turns over all their bosses without ever hitting them once for themselves it kinda starts to look more like exploiting a flaw in the original intent of the bosses. Again, this is just my opinion. Something needs to be addressed here for sure.