get rid of the bounty delay

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by polishpimp, Feb 23, 2012.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I would like to see Kano abolish the bounty delay. The way it works now... if a player is on a roll as far as catching bounties and they catch a certain number within a certain amount of time...the bounties that become available r then delayed to that player.

Personally I think this equates to a punishment for being good at a particular aspect of the game and def isnt fair to those that have built their accounts to be a good bounty hunter. I dont see bosses being restricted to to the big boss blasters, Battlers can attack as much as they want (multiple rivals), Adventures are unlimited as long as u have the energy, No limit to lottery tickets one can purchase, etc etc etc....so why are bounty hunters restricted/limited?

B4 u get all over me about being self serving....I rarely stalk the bounty page. Yes....players of a higher level have a better shot at bounties...but why shouldnt they....they took the time and effort to put themselves in that position...they didnt start out at those level. Personally...I would feel a lot better knowing that I caught a bounty that everyone had a fair shot at. Seems kinda pointless to level up and or strengthen ones account only to have it restricted once u get there.

2. alka

alka Banned

Got to agree with you 100% on this one. If what you say is true( I just get too bored hunting for long periods these days) then what's the point of having a Leaderboard for hunting?

3. I can agree with this.

Would also like to see the math problems only come up when there aren't any bounties on the board.

Was clicking last night and two bounties popped up at the same exact moment that I received the math question, so I missed my chances for those bounties.

4. polishpimp

I hear ya...ive heard of that happening more than once or twice in the past....lol

I have a tough time with how i feel about the whole automate math thing, On one hand I know it helps catch bot/script use....but the example u gave along with the fact that someone who is healing like crazy often runs into it and then gets killed while doing the math.

5. polishpimp

the leader board thing is a very good point! Thanks

6. Yeah the math thing is fine , But math popping up same time a bounty does kinda suck. I haven't had a way to really check about having a bounty delay so I don't know about that one. I wish Kano could go on my voice chat and just say HEY are you really hunting? lol That way I wouldn't miss any with math problems.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  7. Well, I was bounty hunting yesterday and last night. It was SO obvious when the bounty delay kicked in for me. I've heard that the lower levels don't get delays. Bounty hunting is partially fire power, but more importantly, 90% of the time, it's speed. And when we are delayed we are being punished for achieving goals the game lays out for us.

On another bounty note, what happened to the discussion regarding non war participants being allowed to collect on war bounties? If they aren't going to put themselves in the arena, why should they reap the benefits from doing so? If Kano were to restrict that to war participants only, perhaps that would give more guilds the incentive to join the guild wars. After all, for me any way, bounties are the most exciting part of the wars.

8. polishpimp

Ratings r great...lets get this one pushed through quick!

9. DoNRaDu

DoNRaDu Member

great idea! i was delayed once for about 15 seconds, i had a friend of mine time the delay and it was 15 seconds!!!

10. polishpimp

WOW! thats insane and completely unfair. The delay may very well be the biggest slap in the face Kano has ever delivered. Bounty hunting is a honed skill ....players should not just be handed free kills and money simply because all those that have built their accounts to hunt r being delayed. Thanks for punishing those players that r doing exactly what they r suppose to do Kano. Should I go stand in the corner now?

11. i'm just curious Pimp, are you sure this is an imposed delay? Could the delay possibly be from multiple players going for the bounty all at the same time or maybe processor lag?
    I'm asking because bounty hunting is what makes the game for me (along with many others) and if there is a hunting delay being imposed on players I would have to strongly disagree with it.
    A lot of times when I click attack, after the bounty pops up, there is a slight delay before the attack go's through... sometimes longer than others <--- would this be the delay you are speaking of?

(EDIT) Opps sorry this is a VC post.... I'm on ZS

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  12. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I was wondering if there was a delay system or not in the kano games. I know other apps do it but wasn't sure thought so to when you should have been able to grab bounties easily and click and you do not get it. And no there is no saying player is being attacked by another person at the time you click. Thats how you know if someone else is attacking like you are.

13. Out of 1400 some odd bountys (on ZS) I've never gotten a message saying another slayer is attacking when going after a bounty. I have gotten that message from the fightlist but not from bounty hunting

14. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Happens in pirate clan all the time. Thats how you know if someone is attacking. Especially if its a huge bounty.

15. polishpimp

There is most def an imposed delay (not sure about ZS...but would not surprise me a single bit). The delay Im speaking of keeps you from seeing the bounty before your delay runs it course. Ive tested it literally hundreds of times with multiple players both individually , all at once and at diff stages of delay. Many will not notice this delay because they are not in real time contact with others at the time....and often times they will never even know that a bounty has gone up because it is gone well b4 ones delay has expired.

I suppose the delay is in part an attempt to slow down multiple gold transfers .....but I assure that it makes no diff what so ever if the bountys are all between the same 2 players or each one is a diff player (clan or not) . The other part being that Kano simply has a very liberal way of thinking...they like to "spread the wealth"....so much so they do it at the expense of their most loyal customers who do exactly what they're suppose to do (level up and strengthen ones account in what ever area they choose to accel in)....just so they can limit ya once ya get there. Quite simply...They dont want anyone to be to good at anything....because then those that quite frankly arent as good as the others....whine , cry and quit.. so they dumb down the games, restrict the best, spread the wealth and then go home and count their deniro. Dont fool yourselves...this is a business first and foremost...but unlike most businesses that reward their loyalest of customers more so than the casual customer....Kano does the exact opposite...their loyalest customers who pay or play the most get the least...and them r the facts!

16. Dang Bro... *Deep breath* lol

Well.... I would just like to make my opinion on the subject know
    I strongly disagree with imposing bounty hunting or bounty riding delays on players... no matter of their level or strength

17. polishpimp

lol...believe me Im as calm as calm gets. I figured out what Kano was up to long ago with my first account. I had hoped there would be change ...as I received numerous emails that spoke of exciting new content for the higher levels...but things have just gotten worse. So I just stopped giving them money and ride it out for free...its all its worth.

I appreciate the support...be sure to rate this thread a 10...TY!

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  18. Still haven't been able to confirm the delay in FB. Still voted a 10 though for the ones getting this delay. I think Kano maybe should put this to rest and reply to this idea and let us know for sure that they have indeed imposed such a delay.

19. polishpimp

I couldnt agree more Jerome! So how about it Kano....do bounty delays exist? why do they exist? Do bounty delays exist at all levels? At which level do they kick in? Do they restrict honest players that have built their accounts specifically for bounty hunting? In essence do they punish those that have excelled at a particular aspect of the game as u have designed it? After how many bounty's and in what amount of time activates this delay? Does this delay become more with the amount of bounty's one collects in a certain time period? Does this delay become more pronounced with ones level?

Pretty straightforward questions Kano...hope u will return the favor with straightforward answers. Yes....we know there are company secrets that cant be revealed...but surely u can find a question or two amongst the many questions posed that u can answer. As Deltan proclaimed in his opening post.... "transparency is something we are working on", now would be a great time to take them first few steps. This "idea" has a lot of support and a great rating. Please show us the players the respect we deserve. TY!

20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Not to be an ass but get a life with your posts POLISH OMG