Boss Limits

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Craig Day, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

I am going to try to keep this objective as possible but I am very distressed at seeing what some players are doing to their clan members bosses. The feedback I have received indicates that some players are afraid to set limits on their bosses because of the possibility of retribution. I have a simple solution to this issue. I would suggest that the default on the damage amount be the min. damage instead of max damage. In this case, if people want to allow more damage then can adjust accordingly. In addition, it may reduce some of the ongoing bickering. I know there will be denial that people are threatened but I have seen chat conversations with my own eyes. The fact of the matter is that lower level players are being denied the opportunity to obtain drops and xp due to the actions of a few. In addition limits are set on all other things.

I also expect to be smeared on this post. But, alas, I am used to that.

Thank you for your consideration

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Ive no doubt that there are some players being bounced around a bit because they are setting limits, but my experience has been that they are in the minority. Its been my experience that the opposite is by far more prevalent and that players are being declanned, attacked and bountied much more often for not setting limits.

My Personal feeling on the matter are that no limits on bosses or lack there of should be imposed by Kano. Although its unfortunate what lengths some players will go to impose their will or way of thinking...in the end its just part of the game, its what allows player to pick and choose who they want in their clan. Clan count is uber important.....but not so much that a player should allow members into their clan that they are diametrically opposed to. Sure...this could cause some animosity...but in large part thats what the game is all about...we need both friend and foe to get the full experience that these games are designed to deliver.

What a player does with their boss is and should always remain a personal choice as should be every aspect of the game,,,the fewer the limits and interference from Kano the better.

3. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I don't think this is a bad idea persay. Lots of people do however want their achievements done with and this in balance with limits that some folks want and do impose. It could default to 10% and then if lifted to no limits, it means what the implication is: hit the thing if you got the stam.

I cannot say the same with respect to threats etc over limits / access to bosses however. I may be one of the biggest boss hitters out there, in FB, but I have never had to say anything to a person over their limit. I have said thanks for the high limit. Or the boss etc. Or advise to set a limit in the past. The usual retort to the set a limit remark is "If I wanted to set a limit I would. Kill it"

4. Deb

Deb New Member

The owner of the boss has to do the minimum damage and a high minimum at that, or that the damage that is done by others players shall not exceed the owner of the boss. Additionally, there needs to be a daily limit (e.g., challenges, adventures) implemented. You stopped the challenge leveling, let's get the boss leveling under control, because I for one, would like to get back to fighting. Thanks for taking the time to listen to us. Debs

5. kayjay

kayjay Guest

you limit everything else in the game so why not limit the number if bosses that can be abused in a day simple solution we can only see 50 of them so why not limit it to 50 bosses a day ?

6. polishpimp

lol....Abused bosses? should we set up a hot line? what exactly is boss abuse? people want bosses killed...they put em out with no limits....they're fair game to who ever gets their first and has the stam. Players who want unlocks or to simply want to spread the drops around...can set their own limit. Thus their in no abuse possible.

What r player to do that have exceptionally high level bosses....let them go down in defeat? Talk about a waste of everyones stam. The fact is..many if not most want their bosses killed as fast as possible so they can get their rewards and XP and move on. Setting limits as to how many a player can hit hit a day is an extremely bad idea aas it will slow down players of all levels. Just because a player doesnt have the stamina or chooses to play another way is not a reason to ruin it for those who do.

7. To keep this simple for now the OP just suggested that the default on the damage amount be the min. damage instead of max damage. I see no problem with that and sounds like a simple change.

As far as limits goes, I am against any limits ; however as Polish stated "Just because a player doesnt have the stamina or chooses to play another way is not a reason to ruin it for those who do. " I would have to say then let us that choose to battle level have more hits and not be limited to only 5000. Just seems fair. Ok , Bring on the excitement... this thread will be a good one to watch.

8. polishpimp

I understood what the OP was saying....thats why I went easy on him...lol. Now the other guy...................lol.

I just dont see why... where the default damage is set warrants a change...either way players are going to have to change it one way or another depending on their personal preference. From what Ive experienced by far the majority of players dont set limits on their bosses so I would think the default is fine where its at. As far as players "leaning" on those who either do or dont set limits.....thats gonna happen either way....so i dont think its a valid reason to change it either.

Ill save my comments on tbattle limits for another thread my friend ;)

9. LMAO.. there's no need to get back into it all again. I've said my share and elect to leave it be. Have fun all!

10. Craig Day

Calm Down

People I am not asking for any other change then the damage bar. Thats it. Period. There have been complaints about the big boss hitters I have seen em. But, that is neither here nor there. A simple change like this would eliminate those complaints.

Lets face it people when Lawrence and I semi agree on something its probably a good idea!

11. I don't see how setting the damage bar to the minimum instead of the max would hurt anything. I'm sure there's clans out there that still do not know you can set a limit so defaulting it to the minimum would protect these clans till they learn how to use the system.

12. Deltan

Deltan Member

Moved into Ideas! :)

13. polishpimp

it may eliminate those particular complaints.....but it will generate even more from the players that dont set limits on their bosses(who r by far in the majority)....that would then need to perform an extra step they didnt need to perform b4.

I have a HUGE clan....the reason I have a huge clan is because it makes more bosses available. I do not discriminate against clan who limits their bosses. I would venture to guess that 1 maybe 2 clan out of 10 put limits their bosses. Why would u want the majority to perform an additional action?

14. Come on, REALLY??? We have been over and over this topic ad nauseum. There is a boss limiting bar. Use or don't. END OF DISCUSSION!!! And, just to be clear, I personally have NEVER seen anyone threatened for limiting their bosses, but I sure have seen them declanned, listed and threatened for NOT limiting their bosses.

15. polishpimp

Once again....the majority of players dont limit their bosses...why force the majority into performing the extra action?

Arguing that a player doesnt know they can set a limit can work for the MAJORITY as well....they may not know they can remove the limit if the default was changed. In this case....we will be protecting the majority.

16. Craig Day

Well I have. Whats the big deal you are just reversing the process and people that either dont know or forget are not seeing their boss destroyed. Win win if you ask me. One wonders why you would be so against this. Simple change

17. polishpimp

Because its fine the way it is....it works for the MAJORITY. have u ever heard the phrase "if it aint broke dont fix it"? What u r suggesting goes againt the majority....That why Im against it!

Im not reversing anything....its you who wants that to happen in order to favor the minority....THAT MAKES NO SENSE!

What about those who r in the MAJORITY that either dont know or forget????

Maybe this will make it easier...

out of 10 players...

1) 8 DONT limit their bosses (majority

2) 2 limit their bosses(minority)

Now u must decide which of these groups must perform an extra action to satisfy their preference of a limit or no limit on their boss....WHICH GROUP DO U CHOOSE?

1)If u choose the minority to perform the addition action...u r pleasing the most people and r a team player

2)if u choose the majority to perform the addition action ...u r selfish and thinking of yourself and not whats best for the majority.

UNDERSTAND?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  18. Deb

Deb New Member

19. Craig Day

You know I really tried to keep this nice. Mr Pimp please do not talk down to me. I understand perfectly. By reversing the damage bar you will not be able to take as much as you want from some poor level that forgot to set a limit. I really am trying to look at the overal game not your selfish reasons. You object so strongly it is quite clear you have a motive. You maybe the High grand Poopah in Myspace but this is a Facebook issue.

20. polishpimp

not sure how these examples pertain to this thread.

With that said...the point u r trying to make is pretty darn obvious. All i can say is that I dont know either player well enough to comment other than to say...That I know plenty of players that feed me their bosses without hitting it themselves. Most of which Ive told countless times that they should at least hit for minimum so at the very least they will get the end rewards.....but in the end...some just dont want to as they have no interest whatsoever in bossees and their rewards and just want to help a fellow player out. Not how I would do it....but Im not going to turn down a good boss either. Just another reason to have lots of clan...ya never know when you'll find a gem like that one