[PC] Game Update: Battle Drops are Here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

question , where are the battle drop items stored, I am looking everywhere and cannot find them, getting dizzy scrolling around,help :)

2. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

Where did ye drop my battle drops?????

I really like the battle drop thing, but I am seeing that I get a few, but when I look at inventory, I cannot find them???? Help!

3. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I think the drop rate should be low because you have those that spend all day leveling with each other and they shouldn't be getting more drops then the rest of us who just fight. I would also like to see the drop notifications moved from where it is, the bottom left when you get drops, to a place more in your line of sight. Right now I'm on a laptop and have to scroll to keep an eye on what type of drops I got and what my health is.

4. Loren

Loren Administrator

All Battle Drop inventory is visible through either the Clan Page or on your Profile.

If you visit the Clan Page, select the item type you are looking for from the drop down left menu, then select Filter By => Drop Items. This should shorten the list significantly and make them easy to locate.

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

ok I found it but did look there before :) thanks ok next concern, is where where they drop on the screen, it is hard to keep any eye on my health and watch to see if anything drops, :)

6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

With all the questions raised in this thread we only get an answer to one?

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

You are correct with your statements above.

8. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Yes you have to win and be the attacker.

9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We have taken your concerns into account when developing the drop rate. Thank you for the feedback with respect to the drop ui.

10. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We took those concerns into account when developing this feature. The intent of this feature was to bring more incentive to battling and to address concerns from players that it is turning into a battling game. You still get far more XP in battles than boss battles, so we took that into account with the drop rate to balance with what can be earned from bosses.

11. polishpimp

Im confused as to how this system is fair to all levels. The 2nd highest leveled player in Myspace PC is almost 5k levels behind the highest leveled player who is the only player on their fight list, obviously their isnt going to be any wins in that match up. At my level 3400+ I have a very small handful of players on my battle page...all of which I can beat...but none the less ..A very small fight list...so I am at the mercy of those players and whether or not they r playing at the time. Another good friend of mine is a very low leveled and they constantly have a full battle page. Not only do they have way more access to player to fight....they are already picking up drops at a much higher rate than the players at my level.

I would appreciate an answer to some of the questions and scenarios Ive posed, youve managed to answer/reply to players concerns both b4 and after my query in which I asked numerous pertinent questions.

It seems as if once again iam being ignored....u wonder why Ive no issue with ripping threads to shreds????

12. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

From my experience, some hundred battles done on fb today, consecutive attacks on a player increase the chance of a battle drop. Single attacks (attacking rival into hospital in one attack) will with almost 100% certainty not herald a drop.

My pirate on fb ist above 750, I can drop a 17/17 warrior, 86/86 ship and a 25/25 weapon. I have maybe 30 battle drops in total and I did at least 500 battles to get them. I don't think that the drops will imbalance the game as their drop probability is rather low.

13. Andrew Zelinske

Andrew Zelinske New Member

Well when the players getting drops level up to the point where they show on your battle list, will their new gear really allow them to begin beating you and get even better stuff for doing so, or will you pound them as easily as they pound each other and get the same gear that they're getting from hitting those of their level? Right now, I have 31 dropped mateys (13/13), 26 dropped weapons (16/16), and 5 dropped ships (80/80). And while those items are good for my level I hope that if I ever get to where you are they'll be obsolete by then.

As near as I can understand it, the real problem with this is the fact that those w/ few Captains will suffer for it because they can't deploy enough gear to win against anyone else and thus be denied the drops

14. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

Do only the WINNING attacks yield battle drops? It seems to me that the bullies will profit hugely from this then. How about if the bully is hitting a less-aggressive pirate and losing? This happens to me all the time, especially with serial bullies who have bothered me for months and suddenly realize that they can't beat me so easily any more but still attack even though they're losing. How about if the attacker is losing, the less-aggressive player gets the battle drops? Just a thought.

15. polishpimp

This is certainly a new twist on the ole bully myth.... a bully that is losing????. If losing to me is bullying me...THEN BRING ON THE BULLIES!

16. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

You are usually going to get sent to the hospital against someone who has higher captains then you to begin with. Unless your building up the right items and then you can possibly take out a higher person with a lot more captains it does happen. As far as the ratio goes yes the lower pirates do have a better chance at drop ratios because they have more pirates around them they can attack constantly. Were if your a higher pirate you have only a select few at a time you can possibly beat. And as someone else put it if your being attacked and the attacker loses do you get a drop item from that attacker. When the drops first came out i never did see an item i dropped from a fight but it was in my inventory after being attack by another player. Can we confirm this it would be greatly appreciated.

17. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

lol gotta agree with you there Polishpimp

18. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

they said you get a drop for attacking and winning, not for losing and not for being attacked, I am wondering is attacking on a bounty going to drop things, (of course for winning)

19. DarkStratus

DarkStratus Administrator

Battle Drop Intent

The intent of the battle drop feature is to increase the incentive to battling multiple different people. There are two battle drop types common and rare. Common drop items are comparable to boss drops of a similar level. Rare drops only happen at high levels and are comparable to a boss reward item. The drop % of both common and rare items is lower than that of boss drops. You only get drops when you successfully win a fight.

Polishpimp here is my response to your concern that it isn’t fair to all levels. Players can still spend stamina to fight the bosses which give out comparable drops to fighting people. You will actually get more drops from fighting a boss then from fighting people. Therefore when your battle list is empty you can still fight bosses to get the drops thus keeping yourself ahead in powerful items.

Additionally we are going to give out fight drops when you attack people on the bounty list, so this should make it so you are getting more items. Look to see this coming soon!

20. Loren

Loren Administrator

Bounty Attacks now qualify for Battle Drops.