[PC] Game Update: Battle Drops are Here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

Today we are pleased to announce the addition of battle drops to Pirate Clan. Battle drops add an ability to earn special items based off a chance roll when you battle an opponent and are victorious against that opponent. Items are determined by the lowest of the level between the two opponents. If you attack upwards and win you can get a great item, if you attack down you get an item based on their level.

[​IMG]

2. Andrew Zelinske

Andrew Zelinske New Member

Arrr, I be noticing that the Graveship (80/80) that battle drops for me is better than any regular vessel currently availible at my level (186), including the Coast Guard (64/64) from the Blacksmith. considering the size of the gap, I be wondering if it be an error on ye parts

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

So basically the higher levels r screwed??? How r seasoned players suppose to compete with the the up n comers that that will get these drops from much earlier on?

4. polishpimp

Ummmmm...whar r the odds of getting a drop? I just dropped a couple hundred stam on an opponent of a higher level ....i won every battle and havent seen a drop yet

5. Andrew Zelinske

Andrew Zelinske New Member

not sure, but when you do get a drop you'll see a green Battle Drop message to the right of where it says how much you did to them, and have a display of what you got below your picture on the battle results thing. I just got a double drop off a hit, which because I'm under protection means I'm hitting around my level

6. polishpimp

ok....i got a couple now (boom barrel 42/42).....but the drop rate is extremely low

7. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I don't think its going to be a constant drop polish. So ones who use leveling partners won't get an edge over the items being dropped. But from what i am seeing posted. I think the items varies by levels and the attack and defense. Some of my higher friends are getting around 40 to 50 in attack and def. Myself i am finding items in the 30's of attack and defense. Players lower then me are finding the 20's. So i think possibly the way the developers did do this. Would make it fair for all if this is the case.

8. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

do you have to win the battle or do you get a chance even if you lose..

9. I have voiced this same concern elsewhere where the battle drops were discussed. I guess in about 5 or 6 months we will see how these drops will affect the mid level players. My concern is that someone new could level up now gaining drops on the way up to me then by the time they get to me they will be so much stronger than what I had the chance to be. I do not know all the info on these drops but I am concerned. I do however think that these battle drops are good for the game but I feel that the existing players that have put in hours and hours of fighting should be compensated with some drops somehow. I will refrain from totally trashing the drops idea until I get the chance to see just how they are going to work. On the surface it does seem unfair to the existing clans. I guess time will tell.

10. Jon Ward

You have to win the battle bethranderson from my understanding. But i have not yet heard if anyone has won off fighting undead.

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

the undead should not even come into play and you need to win the battle and not a cagematch , just a battle

12. Jon Ward

Thank you Linda i didn't even think about the cage matching not being able to get an item from there either. But i also agree with you 100 percent on undead you should not win items from them. It should only be live players.

13. polishpimp

couldnt agree more ...seems like a good idea but the uppers should be compensated. Even though we cant go back and see who it was and what their levels were that we were battling....I would think there still could be some type of compromise based of the number of battle wins we have vs the drop rate of the new drops

14. DarkStratus

DarkStratus Administrator

If you keep playing and fighting people from this point on you should get as many drops as someone who is lower level and starts playing and fighting right now.

Basically you have equal opportunity from this point on to gain battle drops as someone who is a low level. Also remember the drops you are getting are better than the lower level players.

15. Jon Ward

Thank you DarkStratus. I was looking for this to be confirmed by a adminstrator or developer about the items being a certain attack and defense for all players and if they were the same or better for levels. So it does not give the advantage to newer pirates starting off.

16. polishpimp

That may be true to some extent....but it hardly accounts for the difference in ones rival page. If i were a lower level would i not have way more opportunity to get these drops? A higher level player must sit and wait/hope that a lower level attacks them and then keeps healing for them while a lower leveled player can just hop from one rival to the next. In a scenario such as this.....a player starting now would have thousands more drops than i do by the time they reached my level....making them stronger pound for pound would it not?

Another question is whether or not the drops will ever be able to be blacksmithed? If they are...I would see this as a advantage for the lower levels as well....seeing as how a higher leveled player cant go back to being a lower level and pick up these drops so they may be blacksmithed

Is the drop rate the same for all levels? From the limited investigating Ive done it would appear that the drop rate is much less as u climb in levels....but its to early to tell conclusively. But obviously if the drop rate is higher for the lower levels this would be a huge advantage

What are the level ranges for the diff drops? A player that is significantly higher leveled than I and who has a much smaller battle list than me is getting the same drops as I am....That doesnt seem quite fair to them if u ask me.

What about the highest leveled player in the game....they will always be getting a lesser or same drop as everyone else would they not....where as every other level would continue to get better drops as they rise in levels.

Just wondering....its all new and im just trying to get er all figured out

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  17. polishpimp

Well said Jerome.

I can think of a few other reasons why this new update isnt fair to everyone ...but i figure I'll wait an see what people have to say about my initial reasons...Ive found that listing to many things tends to confuse people and the issue.

I would be interested in knowing what level your account is that you are getting a 16% drop rate....My current testing with a fairly high leveled account is yielding a drop rate of less than 1%. It would really be great if you new approx how many hits u derived that number from as well. I would say at this point (although early) its already looking as if all drop rates are not created equal....if this is the case then...well i guess u can see where im heading with that....lol.

I dont think it would be difficult to figure out how many drops a player could have received based on how many battle wins they have, but rather WHICH drops they should have received due to the fact the drops change as u rise in levels. Although most players probably havent leveled at the same pace the entire time they played.... it still seems like Kano could determine what our average levels was over the period of time we played and do the same with our battles and give us the average drop rate of each drop for that level range. Of course this wouldnt be exact....but as long as they did it for everyone it seems as if it would be fair

18. LOL . I deleted my post because it was too large but I guess you brought it back to life. I was in the process of shortening it a bit. The test I ran on PC was a very small test of just 50 hits out of which I got 8 drops. Im only like level 147 and I ran out of stam. I don't play PC anymore but I am concerned over the battle drops because they will put them into VC too. Let's try and stay objective and level headed on this issue because it really does need to be looked at more. I just ran another 50 hits out of which I got 6 more drops. So that's 14 drops out of 100 hits. 14 %

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  19. polishpimp

Wow.... my testing that yielded less than 1 % was a level 3400+ and involved in excess of a 1000 attacks....it will certainly be interesting to see what both Kano and other players have to say.

Depending on the boss...the drop rate is between 45-55 percent....it will be interesting to see how the battle drop numbers compare when the Xp received per stam is calculated in. as well

20. I was under the impression that we were going to discuss all this before the battle drops were released. Then I saw it was released in PC and it caught me by surprise. Im guessing the Devs have thought it through and decided they are fair with everything. If this is the case and what we say doesn't matter at this point, I would appreciate a simple response so I don't waste my time on this issue. As always, I have to decide if I want to continue playing based on new changes.