Attention: Valued hi5 players! A plan has been forged.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Deltan, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deltan

Deltan Member

We're going to do our best to give hi5 players as much as we reasonably can. The details are still being worked out, it will be posted as soon as we can!

2. Deltan

Deltan Member

Hear hear! You're a glimmer of hope on a dark horizon. :)

3. Deltan

Deltan Member

As I'm new around here, I have no idea how feasible this is, but I will bring it to the attention of Kano devs for consideration.

4. Kasia

Kasia New Member

5. Deltan

Deltan Member

6. Deltan

Deltan Member

Did you read our analysis and examples? The points are not applied the same way at all between the two networks.

7. HooliganDog

HooliganDog New Member

Grate ideea Gargar , hope this is more easy , l am sure we can all understand if nobody will play for 1-2 weeks until this new server is done if the time is a issue.

8. DoNRaDu

DoNRaDu Member

tell me honestly now! you say the points are not applied the same. ok. that makes us weaker right? so why are you worried about that? its our problem, not yours. im willing to bet i can win against any facebook player on level 1600 in mob wars as long as he doesnt have 2000 mobs. and if i cant, i have to deal with it not you...

9. Deltan

Deltan Member

I cited one example to keep the post as short as possible. There are hundreds of examples like this where player statistics are not a good fit for the differences in play style between FB and hi5. Also to reiterate, it is not fair to players on those networks to drop in players who've not played the same way up the ladder.

10. Deltan

Deltan Member

Lets put a little bit of perspective here. Kano is not making you do anything, hi5 is pulling the plug on the games, not us. A lot of companies are not offering any compensation to players displaced by hi5's decision to close games. We feel offering points packages to players who wish to start over again on Facebook or MySpace is the most fair and equitable solution for all. We hope you will take advantage of the points when they become available, but if you do not, we're sorry to hear that.

11. Kasia

Kasia New Member

WE ARE ALIVE HUMAN WITH OUR RIGHTS TO RESPECT ...You allowed us to join the game ,to build our accounts ,relations between players ...we are not only avatars !!!!!!!

12. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The game is not only about skills allocated. How about our equipment? Most of us hunted almost every boss to get the best.
    And I am sure that not every player on facebook made a Tank with high attack/defense. Some are made more stamina or energy. There are a lot of different strategies to build a character.

13. I totally agree with the plan that has been laid out. I have played other games that have left MySpace to go to another network. This is the way they did it and I believe that it was fair. It has worked great for me in the past and I have even suggested this to other players of KANO games I play on MySpace. It appears to me those that disagree with this plan are those who do not want to join another social network. That is not KANO's fault that Hi5 made the decision to stop the third party games. The transfer of a fair game points or other purchases is a great idea. This is the way others have done. KANO is trying to keep it fair for players on all networks that are involved. Rebuilding is sometimes part of the game when you play these games. It would be unfair if KANO were just to say oh so sorry it is not our fault this happened rebuild on your own. They are offering to acknowledge that these players have put in money in Hi5. So instead of making the threats of quitting accept what is being graciously offered. If you quit you lose what you have invested anyway. I really feel that KANO has put into place the best solution considering the circumstance. Before we hang KANO lets look at who is really at fault here. It is Hi5 that has done this, not KANO. KANO is just trying to find a fair solution and they have. What would you do if Hi5 just closed the door and there was nothing that KANO or other games could do? I say accept the best solution or lose it all by quitting. KANO is offering a win-win scenario here. Other games companies have done the same thing. When Mafia Wars decided to longer support MySpace and went to Facebook it greatly improved my Facebook Mafia wars. Did I get a direct transfer of Gold and Items, NO but it still made my Facebook Mafia Wars much stronger. Did I have to rebuild my clan from MySpace, of course I did but I also got rid of the riffraff from MySpace. My hats off to KANO for coming up with such an awesome and fair solution.

14. Deltan

Deltan Member

All players are important to Kano. You may not have any sympathy for an FB player who drops a rank, but that player would certainly be angry. Why should they suffer any inconvenience for a decision made by hi5? This is precisely the problem we're facing. Hope you will take the points package available to you when the time comes, if you don't that's unfortunate.

15. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

reading this, even though i play on myspace...just gave me one more reason to quit before the end of this month. kudos.

this is basically what zynga did when they "transferred" myspace players to facebook...i quit playing that too lol...but now i know how kano is gonna deal with it in the future, so i'll be having no part of it.

16. Deltan

Deltan Member

Actually we're losing 100% of our business on hi5, they are shutting all games down, remember? The offer we have made is the best we can do without negatively impacting the other social networks and the experience the players there.

17. Deltan

Deltan Member

I <3 you! Thanks for the support!

18. Deltan

Deltan Member

It's definitely not how we plan to handle things in the future. It's the best we could do in a situation that was out of our control. Keep in mind that Zynga were the ones closing the game in the case you cited, they had as much time as they wanted. In this situation, hi5 are the ones pulling the plug here on us and we have 30 days essentially. That unfortunately does not give us the time we would need to make a different or better solution.

19. TheKid86

TheKid86 New Member

Ok, good...

If someone has more than 2000 limited weapons, paid with real money, will he/she receive what it's paid? If yes, how can he/she ask for a refund? Because I don't think it's a fair to pay for something that after some time to be taken away. We can't move to FB because they will loose some position in the leaderboard but we can start all over again?! Do you even read what you say?
    With that refund we can pay you again to make an independently website for us, the players from hi5.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  20. DoNRaDu

DoNRaDu Member

did you even ask them if they would agree to migrate us lower level players from hi5? im sure they wont have anything against it if they feel so strong. so they lose a leaderboard position or 2. if they are stronger than us they get it back in no time. im tired of saying the same thing over and over again so i wont post anymore, thanks for the answer...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.