[VC] December 14th Update - Stamina Boosts and Vingolf GT Blacksmith items

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Deb

Deb New Member

Principled businesses do not make decisions like this after people have bought and planned a strategy. How would your lil woman feel if they changed all the 2000 adventure drops she bought to 50/50? Until you have no influence on the developers, it is crap game! You make me ill!

2. Deb

Deb New Member

BTW, no other ego maniac has to post their VC name and level - LMAO

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

I just talked with the folks that pushed the crafting change and here is what happened, the Throwing Cleaver was at one time supposed to be crafted with the Skull Splinter which is a drop from the Helheim - Godly Trials Coop Boss which would explain the 77/77 numbers, before release the crafting inputs were changed and updated in production but the att/def numbers of 61/70 updates where not taken which it should have as it was shown on our dev environment and should have been mirrored in production, so it is likely code was pushed before the recipe / inventory adjustment was fully entered correctly, this is something to follow-up on our code push process for new features / updates as this is the first time we have experienced something like this. The cost as well should have been updated when the items were first released but were not for the same reason.

Yesterday's code push for the new crafting items synced with what we thought was already on production with what we had set-up in our development environment.

So that is what happened and why we did not communicate any changes, because we were not aware that production had improper values compared to the original designed values shown in development, only updates that we expected to go out yesterday was new crafting items and stamina boost.

So where do we go from here?

We have a couple options:

1. Leave it as is which would be unfair to those that collected the items, so we will not be going with this one
    2. Drop the costs back to where they were and live with the bug for those recipes, this seems to be the best option for costs so we are dropping the costs back to what they once were even though it will seem "weird" to future players that do not know the back story
    3. Revert the att/def of the Throwing Cleavers back to 77/77 which would make it more powerful than the boss reward as well as items in the next location which would create a big imbalance in the game to how every other items power which we are not keen on doing, so let's look at another option
    4. Raise the att/def of the Throwing Cleavers to a level that is still a very good att/def so that players that acquired many do not take too big a hit on att/def but will not throw off the balance of the game, which for the longevity of the game (future content) and players that have already invested time to acquire these items makes the most sense

Outcomes:

1. Reduce cost of recipes back to the bugged value and leave it as part of the game
    2. Increase the Throwing Cleavers from the current value of 61/71 to 70/70
    3. We also increased the Freya's Helm (new vingolf crafting) from 63/73 to 72/73 to bring balance to the crafted items
    4. For those that crafted a fair number of these and are not happy with the resolution please write into support or here where ever you feel most comfortable

We will be pushing out this update shortly but first wanted to offer an explanation and secondly wanted to communicate the changes we were making and why, while giving players that are still not happy with the resolution the opportunity to contact us directly through support or here, whichever you prefer.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  4. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Your basis in reality is questionable. Really. Your Freudian slip here is correct: except I don't think I have made you ill!

5. Kel the Merciful King

People who are here to have fun, do post their level. Your a fish out of water.

6. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

It should be even, but 70/70 is ridiculous, when we purchased 77/77. Even the elite magma serpent is 71/71, so exactly how would leaving it as it was throw the balance out, after all everyone will have the same opportunity to purchase it.

7. Kel the Merciful King

So Mr. Freeze, you have options but what is it going to be? Add into your calculus that during this production environment error, the Muspell energy rebate was given. That made many people choose the "bugged" adventure drop/craft choice, resulting in 1000's of these cleavers all over the place. The way I read your post, I don't know what you are going to do!

8. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Deb, we do listen to all players equally. This change was not brought to our attention by any player, it was a mistake on our part which I have tried to explain above.

9. Gordon H

Gordon H New Member

Well you all made a mistake. Well that's what happens when you don't test the changes out on your own closed system first (microsoft junior). This game has nothing to do with fighting anymore. It's a vicious circle to get weapons to keep up with the Jones so there's no time or stamina left to really fight. What ever it takes to fill your pockets with more and more cash. It's never enough is it Kano. You need more and more. Well after almost 3 years I'm through with you. The game has not been fun for a good year and I keep wondering why I keep coming back. Well this is my goodbye to the never enough money mongers.

GOODBYE from unsatisfied.

10. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

What I mean by saying it would throw off the balance of the game, is that the Throwing Cleaver that could be collected in Helheim - Godly Trials would make all items in Vingolf - Godly Trials obsolete and remove any incentive to collect those items. So if we did keep the throwing cleaver at 77/77 we would have to make adjustments to Vingol - Godly Trials items to balance things out.

11. The items should remain as is. If you want to change the value of something then lets go with the cost of gps.

12. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

No you wouldn't Kendall, because it would still be the same value for everyone that did it.
    You're making up a reason that doesn't exist.

13. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

"This game has nothing to do with fighting anymore. It's a vicious circle to get weapons to keep up with the Jones so there's no time or stamina left to really fight. What ever it takes to fill your pockets with more and more cash. It's never enough is it Kano. You need more and more."

We have been releasing new content that has now reached the higher levels, as before higher levels were complaining that locations / new content was only being added for lower levels. We have added stamina boosts as an additional way to gain stamina based on requests from users.

I took a look at your account Gordon and was surprised to see that you do not actually have any Throwing Cleavers, how has this mistake impacted you?

Adding new content is something that we have been doing based on feedback from the community (survey from the summer) and general input, now that we have reached content at the higher levels we will be slowing down the location releases as we feel we have now satisfied the request for more content at the higher levels.

14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We agree with you and is something we are considering.

15. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Mike - so what would happen to all the items in Vingolf - Godly Trials, what would be the point to progress to that location if you could acquire build up items that overpowered any in that location.

16. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

Kendall you're talking silly, they existed perfectly with the Vingol-godly trials still running without any trouble what so ever.
    Just change them back to what they were originally 77/77, you're just making the problem bigger than it ever needed to be, you should have just changed it back straight away.
    It's ridiculous how you carry on. Start listening to the players while there are still some here. Note I said players.

17. Rick Soto

Rick Soto New Member

I sincerely appreciate the changes you have done. I thank you all for the stamina boosts and all those minor tweaks and adjustments y'all have made. I appreciate y'all taking into consideration our feedback and "constructive" criticism.
    It is nice to see the game evolve and it's fun to try and evolve with it even if some don't agree. Y'all can't please every single one of us!

18. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

And as for "what would be the point to progress to that location" if the throwing cleavers were too strong and there would be no point going on to the next adventures, why would a player not bother collecting just the throwing cleavers, and go on and collect 1000 black panthers and 1000 godly helms?
    Surely they would have to be crazy to do that, or tipped off as to the changes that were going to be made.
    Is this what you're saying?
    Or are you saying that people would carry on and do the further adventures?
    Please answer Kendall because it's one or the other.

19. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

Kendall you're talking silly, they existed perfectly with the Vingol-godly trials still running without any trouble what so ever.
    Just change them back to what they were originally 77/77, you're just making the problem bigger than it ever needed to be, you should have just changed it back straight away.
    It's ridiculous how you carry on. Start listening to the players while there are still some here. Note I said players.

20. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

And as for "what would be the point to progress to that location" if the throwing cleavers were too strong and there would be no point going on to the next adventures, why would a player not bother collecting just the throwing cleavers, and go on and collect 1000 black panthers and 1000 godly helms?
    Surely they would have to be crazy to do that, or tipped off as to the changes that were going to be made.
    Is this what you're saying?
    Or are you saying that people would carry on and do the further adventures?
    Please answer Kendall because it's one or the other.

I'm re-posting because you're not answering Kendall