[VC] Developer Update December 12/92011 - The Norns (Vingolf - Godly Trials Coop)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The Norns weave the fates of every being in the Nine Worlds. They are all knowing and all seeing. They know your next move before you do. How can you hope to defeat these beautiful, almighty sisters?

wall_feed_coop_boss_24_1a.jpg

2. Maler

Maler Member

all right. can't wait to see the drops :X

3. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Fine print ... this is one GT up from a missing boss ...

4. BLACKDETH

BLACKDETH Member

great another boss...where are the guild wars...enough discussion already...everyone is bored with vc...if you do not push this through in the next week or two you will lose lots of players....hurry it up

5. kayjay

kayjay Guest

totally agree with you jeff its got so boring yet they still push stupid bosses

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Please see some of the applicable discussion in the latest poll for VC: http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthre...ity-Appreciation-quot-Month-quot-Poll-2/page5

Specifically my comment to your concern in that thread:

"Thanks for the input hell rider. Back in the summer, when we released a survey to collect feedback from users, there was overwhelming support/requests for new bosses in the game and lack of content in the earlier levels which is why we released some new bosses in the earlier levels to double up the bosses. Now that we feel we have meet the request that was identified through the survey, we will continue to release 1 coop boss per new location.

You are correct in saying that Viking Clan has gone through it's fair share of changes over the past 3 years it has been in development, if it didn't VC would still be a game where only battles and adventures took place and content would not go beyond level 400. There would be no achievements, no new locations, no bosses, no challenges, no guilds, no ability to arm inventory, etc. On a side note I just noticed that my Facebook account just reached 1004 days, I am kind of sad that I missed noticing the 1000th day.

Challenges and bosses were added based on requests / issues that were coming into support. Early on we received many complaints from players that at the higher levels (at that time it was likely in the low thousands) the battle lists were empty and there was nothing to spend their stamina on, unless of course they had a leveling partner. We did not want to change the damage formula or force quicker heals on players to fill out battle lists, so what we decided to do was to add in a Non Player Character (NPC) element with the bosses that paid out less XP than battling (to make battling have a higher incentive) so that when players did not have others to battle in their range they could at least keep their progress through fighting bosses.

Now with all that being said, we do our best to listen to all players concerns. Which is why we added "Inventory Drops from Battles" to the battles, which we feel that on top of Guild Wars which we hope to release shortly, will further increase incentive and create more action on the battle field.

What are your thoughts on Guild Wars and Inventory Drops from Battles?"

7. BLACKDETH

BLACKDETH Member

When you say shortly what does that mean? 24 hours? Two weeks? Just wondering because I have to find a guild to prove that I will be the greatest player that guild wars will ever see!

8. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

This would be something to prove ...

9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Make sure if you haven't already, that you jump on the forum post that we have an open discussion on what Guild Wars is to be, and please give feedback before it is released: http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?5314-VC-Guild-Wars-Open-Discussion

We want to make sure we have taken as much feedback pre-release as possible.

10. kennycjr

kennycjr Member

pre-release feedback? what about your beta-testers? :eek:p