[LCN] November 11th Update - Syndicate Wars (Beta Pre-Release)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Eric, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

it appears that u have tried this feature in-game...lol, but u did say it looks like its finally time for u to join a syn but u are already the leader of a syn if ur the same marc...lol

any member that leaves loses their syn war pts though

2. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

That's a good suggestion.

I assume that you are referring to the notifications as well as the game history.

Would simply placing the War Target Icon next to the players name and include the Syndicate Tag be enough of a notification?

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We are currently working on making it clearer to players what players are currently in a Syndicate at War so that if players want to be a part of a Syndicate at War they can still be a part of the group but will just have to be careful about if they attack an opponent that is in war, if they do then they will open themselves up to the opposing Syndicate.

4. Eric

Eric Administrator

We've integrated War icons and Syndicate Tags throughout the game features, inbox and game history feed. This will give a better awareness of who you are interacting with in Syndicates Wars.

Keep the feedback and suggestions coming, we're watching this thread and actively developing to make this feature better. Coming up is a Faction Wars modal interface for war point information and easier rival fighting.

5. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

werent u taught in grade school to never assume or did u not make it that far???

6. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

So as long as a low level player himself does not attack a player at war, they don't appear on the syndicate war rival list, even if other members of his syndicate are attacking players at war? In that case, I misunderstood the concept. I thought if one player of a syndicate attacks a player at war, the whole syndicate showed up on their rival list. So it's indeed simple, if you don't want to get caught in a war, don't attack players at war and the game doesn't change for you.

7. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

sayin that u are already the leader of a syn if ur the same marc is in no way, shape, or form considered assuming and u must have been reading my posts bc ur post is exactly what i said to someone else...lol

8. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

u will still get listed at least once and punched up to 4 times possibly by every player in the opposing syn though so its not as simple as u would like to believe, however it does appear that u cannot get attacked the 15 times by higher lvl players not on ur normal fight tab

9. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

have u updated the target icon feature on the rivals tab though? this is very crucial since if a player doesnt want to involve themselves in the syn wars and they attack a rival who happens to be engaged in syn wars they have put themselves right into the area that they did not want to be in

10. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Yes, it is clearly identified in the rival list as well as other interaction points. If we missed any please let us know and we will get it out ASAP.

11. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

*** WAR POINTS UPDATE / ATTACK LIMITS UPDATED 11/17/2011 ***

We just pushed an update to War Points scoring off of attacks and reduced the attack limit after initial feedback and progress through the first half of the first War Season.

We increased War Points that can be gained from attack wins from 2 to 4 and losses from 1 to 3. Attack kill has increased from 4 to 5. We also increased the XP payout for attacks slightly.

We also lowered the limit on the number of attacks that War Points can be scored from 15 to 5.

Why did we make this change? A couple reasons:

1. To entice more people of varying gameplay to enter into a war. Withstanding 5 attacks from a really high level opponent should be more bearable but still has risk of death in those 5 attacks. Retaliation window would open if player attacks back.

2. Overall goal is to have more players participating so finding the balance between rewards and consequences is what we are currently trying to do.

3. Even though limits have decreased, points have increased to keep the current season competition fair.

If your not in Syndicate Wars, why aren't you?

Feedback on the feature from players would be appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  12. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Anyone?

Anything preventing your from entering Syndicate Wars?

Any further enticements to make it worth your while? You already get bonus XP for attacks, punches and hitlists, maybe special fight drops or items?

13. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

That's a great idea! Let me quote myself from another topic :) "I suggest that, just like for jobs and boss fights, there would be random drop items if you win a fight."
    I would even remove the "if you win". You should have a chance for a drop item if you attack, win or loose.

14. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

i dont know if fight drops or items if the way to go since remember, the lower lvls are usually not attacking these higher lvls so it is kinda now the reverse as before...higher lvls have a shorter fight list but now lower lvls have a shorter war fight list since it would not be in their best interest (not including the people like myself who dont care who i attack) to attack those higher lvls

unless u are talkin about drops/items from normal fights and not just war rival fights, the chances of getting one are increased for those able to attack anyone in war fights

i do however think that the attack limit dropping down to 5 attacks may allow for a few more lower lvls wit guts to join so i do like this feature

do punch kills, hits, and hitlist kills still result in the same war points as before?

15. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

This has been long awaited...and many like myself look forward to this new addition to the game. In my opinion i do agree with the issues of the lowers being targets and many of their games will be shut down.. 25 attacks on a level ..say 300...crushes them..What i was hoping for was this...If i hold a guilds enemy tag this feature would be a HUGE benefit for the war between the 2 or however many guilds your guild would be at war(tagged enemy )with....to open it to the entire VC world is dangerous..other than that I LOVE it ! please let this feature be one the guilds that have an enemy tag partake in automatically ..instead of across the board....

16. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

are u askin about 1 on 1 wars between syns?

17. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

That's not all you said :)

Yups I did, in fact it's a copy-paste to save me some typing ;-)

Can you also get listed if you're below level 300 and get punched more than once in an hour if you have not attacked an opposing syndicate player? If so, that's indeed a change, but still they have to search for the lower levels because they don't appear on the war rival list if they don't attack a player at war, or do they?

Without fight drops it's also not in their best interest :)
    The war fight list may be shorter but the rewards are relatively bigger for a low level. Let's say for example that the fight drops are something like the World Boss items. If a Gas Mask or a Bean Bag Rifle drops for a level 50, that's a very nice armor or weapon but if this drops for a level 1000+ they may be almost or completely worthless. So a higher level has more chances for a drop but a lot of them will be useless for them.

Let's hope so.

18. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

1-haha that was the only thing i said in that post...lol

2-ok bc it did look EXACTLY the same and made me say deja vu...

3-u cannot get listed if u are lower than lvl300 like normal, unless of course u attack or punch a higher lvl so that has not changed, but ANYONE can be punched by anyone else regardless of lvl so a lvl200 can still be punched 4 times per day for wps and 24 times per day if someone decides to punch them every hour...lol

4-the limits have been changed to 5 attacks for wps per day so if the fight drops/items are coming from syn war fights then there are a few less fights coming from the war side now anyway

5-not everyone fights nor likes to fight so some people would call this unfair since not all characters are built to fight with the other areas in the game...HOWEVER, there are job drops and boss drops so i dont see why there shouldnt be fight drops too so now im convinced after typin #5...haha, forget everything else i said about fight drops (as long as this option is available for normal fights too and not just syn war fights)

19. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Yes, those have not changed.

20. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Yes.. example..my guild is at war with 3 different guilds..I would like this to be on those 3 that we hold the enemy tag for...tracking ALL of the action between the 2 at war would be a huge benefit...If i retaliate on a slap or attack from someone in a different guild in normal play it opens up the door for those not involved to be a target in the guild...correct ?? or do i not understand that correctly ??...LOL...As a leader im looking to be able to track our wars with those we have the enemy tags for..kills , slaps, bounties, etc..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.