Bounty/Hitlist Trap Bugfix Poll

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kendall, Nov 10, 2011.

?

What should happen to the paid bounty cash when a player hits a trap/rigged ignition?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2011.
  1. No refund to payee

44 vote(s)
    51.8%
  2. Refund minus the hitlist fee

35 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. Refund minus 50%

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  4. Other, explain below

5 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Another point brought up by a ZS player.....There are lots of instances where money just "vanishes from the games economy" not just this one....why is it that this is the only one being "fixed"?

If the end result is that the money has to go somewhere rather than just "vanishing"...I like the idea by ACE.....put it towards the lottery.

How about the point/question i brought up earlier in the VC thread on this topic? Is the money simply "vanishing from the games economy" really having any adverse effect on the games...and if so what is it? I have 5 quadrillion in the bank....it gains no interest and i have no need to spend it due to my large amount i have on hand......hasnt this money essentially "vanished" from the games economy?

2. I didnt know we had a Game's economy? hahaha Looks like The Game's economy is doing pretty well especially in ZS.. New Outbreaks, New Bosses, New World Bosses, New Challenges, Lottery, A Chat, Im sure i'm leaving something out.

3. polishpimp

JJ is currently on bounty and she says shes not coming down until she knows for certain where the money is going if she hits a trap.....LOL

EDIT....shes down, after i listed and she killed about 75% of the persons guild who listed her.....she decided to kill her self on their trap, we then proceeded to bounty and catch the offender. That there is sweet justice my friends! Both earned and deserved

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  4. polishpimp

heres another thought........ If u have good partner and a reliable real time form of communication....does it really matter if theres a trap? The player on bounty can simply tell their partner who is hitting them and then the partner bounties them for the player on bounty. Viola.....same result with out dying on the trap......so just simplify things and disable the traps while a player is on bounty

5. of course. I've seen friends on there that though we weren't chatting at the moment they were like, i see so and so hitting me so i'll just not heal up my health.. We all know there are plenty of Facebook chatrooms going on with loads of people in them..

Thats how people get PK'd, Listed, Attacked, etc etc etc

You tell your buddies... im getting listed, catch me.

6. Lyca

Lyca Member

I think the money should be refunded to the payee.. minus the hitlist fee. That would make the most sense. If you paid for a hitman and your target killed themselves then you shouldn't lose the money because no-one made the hit for you..

7. So what

So what Member

they whinged at this one..borris ...was so upset he split his pants crying about it apparently ..i was sarah and sarah was me

this on reflection...is even to embarassing for him to remember.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

8. Himself

Himself New Member

What means a bounty? A player pays some money ONLY for the player who kills the target! Don't forget that! No kill, no money payed, it makes sense.
    And for example, what do you think of this approach: player1 fights with player2. At some point, player1 puts a bounty trap on player2 and then bounty him. Player2 while is on bounty, try to bounty player1 and is killed. In this case you want to say player1 should lose both the money for bounty trap and for the bounty even if nobody killed player2?
    If KANO will listen, i have a proposal to change this bounty trap thing ideea, and make the game more fair and fun:
    If a player is placed in bounty, and in the same time that player try to bounty another player and is killed in a bounty trap, the kill is valid but the player remains in the bounty list (automate healing) having a 2 secconds of delay if he try to bounty the same player again.

In other words, i propose autohealing for bounty trap. And we have 2 cases:
    1. if a player is killed in a bounty trap while he is listed (placed in bounty), automate healing should occure for him and triggered a 2 secconds delay for trying to bounty the same player again.
    2. If a player is killed in a bounty trap normally (without being listed), autohealing should occur after 30 secconds if he doesn't heal meanwhile. This way a stupid behavior of some players is eliminated : bounty trap kill themselves and go offline.

What do you think?

9. So what

So what Member

no

no
    no
    dont list....the cash is gone...when u paid to list..who got it is irrevelent ....if so and they booby they shouldnt lose exp
    same diference

10. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Thanks for everyone's feedback on this topic.

Forward on to your friends so that everyone's voice can be heard. Like I said, we reverted the change earlier today so that the payee was not being refunded. If we make another change in the future it will be announced well in advance before any change is made for more discussion.

On another note, please keep to the topic on hand.

11. autohealing? Thats ridiculous

And how is BTing during being listed considered stupid behavior

If we want to sit here and say its a bad thing to do that.. I guess being Chain listed 25 times is Harassment and Harrassment is against the TOS for Kano and thats Bannable.

Lets open up a big can of worms on this stuff..

Again not alot of players do it.. People are crying about how its unfair they BT themselves and simple fact is most players say if they could do it, they WOULD.

12. Im glad Kendall that you reverted this back and it should stay that way.

But i guess we'll see what happens in the days to come.

The simple fact is People get listed, people lose their experience, people spend money to get another person killed..

And there is no viable defense for a Hitlist and well we know the bottomline is you lose experience.....

As the higher you get it hurts more and more.

I dont see how Giving money back to the one that listed makes it fair at all.. The person that dies still loses the XP.

This game has way more important issues to deal with right now, Cheaters, ALTS, Bot Users for the simple fact of Catching and making money..

This issue isnt an issue...

13. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

You don't pay money to hitlist someone so another player can get the kill! You hitlist someone to kill them.

Thank god I don't know who you are!

14. This update doesn't effect me in either way as of today anyways. At first glance being a hunter I couldn't bare the thought of that money "vanishing" LMAO! So I was inclined to vote for the refund until I read this quote from polish.
    Think about it... Let's take 2 VERY strong clans with a crapload of coins that play together as friends. Player A lists Player B so he can die on a trap over and over while getting refunded most his coins until the bounty price has soared to unbelievable prices then player A can list player B one last time to allow another "friend" to take the now inflated bounty thus completing the money transfer. WOW I don't understand why these strong clans wanted the refund taken away LOL. They should have thought about this a bit and realized they could have benifited greatly from this refund thing.
    They could also list a friend so they can ride the lists for hours collecting kills and rivals while not costing them much at all in the end.

That changed my mind to vote other. I think being able to stick it to actual rivals by dying on a trap and making them lose their cash would be a very cool thing but I don't see that I will ever be able to do that but respect that if it's been a part of a person's gameplay and fun then I'm for things staying as it has been. It is kinda odd that this update was so important being that it effects a very few clans.

So... all that said. I really don't care either way at this time because like I said I can't do this incredible feat of riding the list and placing bounties etc etc.

So therefore at this time I shall say either leave it as it has been, disable dying from a trap while on the list or make sure that if no money was collected from the bounty that the bounty price doesn't go up for the next listing.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2011
  15. No refund- it can only be abused

16. Sarah Walker

Sarah Walker New Member

I really dont see why this is such a massive debate.... You put someone onto the hitlist, so that they will die... why should you care if they money is gone? you werent going to get it back anyway... Now can we please debate about something that matters?

17. baha

baha Member

I personally Don't worry bout the fight game However I do think That if a person is prone to jumping on boobies then there should also be a $ or exp (or even both) penalty for doing it~!
    Its true that if I put up my $ then the Target kills him/herself ... they have taken away any "chance" in the game. Its become a forgone conclusion that "some" aren't worth the $ or time to Put Up the bounty; much less, On the Catchers side to try GET the bounty....BUT THATS MY OPINION.
    So in conclusion Perhaps PENALIZE the booby jumper by either taking away the possibility to Suicide (best option) OR let them, BUT They (suicide's) have to pay the price of the "rig" they jump on as well as lose the exp :)

18. -Refund minus the hitlist fee

I think is the best solution....

i seen someone "retired" player on zombie slayer...now "playing" on the forum; did they change their game???
    ...ahahahahah...how pathetic...:D

Another solution is that players suiciding on booby trap should have their hitlist price resetted on each booby trap they take..
    in this way we incentivate to hitlist people...and they shouldn't be so happy to "suicided" theirselves.

19. polishpimp

Nice post Jerome...especially the quote....lol. I agree with most.... Although I do disagree with the statement ..."that it effects a very few clans". although its true that very few r capable of actually pulling off this feat.....the repercussions of Kanos initial update in response to this ability would have affected many for the reasons u suggested as well as others brought up here in this thread. Not to mention the obvious benefits for some...some of which u mentioned.

Is it just me....or does it seem odd that most of the posts in this thread are pro "no refund " but the vote has suddenly surged for the opposition? Where r the posts from the opposition? I understand that some r shy and would rather not speak....but most if not all? If u feel strongly enough to vote on this issue....would u please be so kind as to offer at least a shred of reasoning? Kano ....I hope u guys take into consideration that regardless of the vote....we havent heard crap as to why they r voting that way. Im yet to hear one good reason as to why a refund should be given vs a ton of sound reasons not to

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  20. Himself

Himself New Member

First step is to read what i said, seccond is to understand. If you don't, don't post irelevant comments. Try to think. It helps human beings.