[PC] August 2nd Update - New Social Feed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

And update to the Social Feed was released to Pirate Clan today. This is a new look for the feed and along with that comes some new features.

Notable Changes
    • Action links have been pulled out of the feed text and are displayed to the right of the comments/likes/helpers buttons
    • All feed posts can be commented on by you and your Clan members
    • All feed posts can be 'liked'
    • A list of those who have Liked or Helped with an event are viewable and you are able to send them a boost/gift/message

Boss Help feed post with comments
    [​IMG]

Helper/Likes list
    [​IMG]

Please let us know what you think of the new feed. Your feedback is always appreciated!

2. it looks like facebook.......lol

3. Jessica

Jessica Member

I love how it keeps track if challenges and jobs are complete or not. My biggest complaint about feed was clicking on challenge/job/boss helps and finding out they were already done. I'm hoping the other 3 games get the new feed.

4. is it possible to also fix this??

You have already helped the maximum of 25 friends in the past 22 hours. You may help out more friends in 12 hours.

but it still shows as being available to help even though ive already helped out most i can for 22hrs.

is there anyway to have it so that assist link isnt there in this case

5. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Do we really need this "like" button?

Other than that it's fine, but I have an almost allergic aversion to the accursed like button.

Any chance of getting a dislike button? It's one of my most like features on youtube.

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Excellent feedback, thank you all.

@Jessica, yes the other games will receive the same treatment. You should see it within the next 24 hours.

As for the links still showing if you have already helped or if you have reached your max helps for the day, I will make a note of this and look to get it in for the next release if possible.

Don't hold your breath on a 'dislike' button ;)

7. the "said" part is getting extremely annoying.

8. how bout a "dis i like" button :D

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Some layout changes to the Social Feed are coming shortly, removing the 'said:' being one of them. I will post back here once the changes go live.

Edit: Reformatted Layout
    Due to feedback we have been receiving we have reformatted the social feed.

[​IMG]
    • Icons no longer have a border and background
    • Icons and Action links have been pushed up to sit directly under the event message
    • Action links will be replaced with greyed out text as soon as you click on it to indicate which actions you have already performed
    • Comments are deletable if you are the owner of the feed post. note: some older comments cannot be deleted, hence no 'x' to remove them

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  10. looks better

thanks for that

but no "dis i like" button??

11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Not yet :p

12. theres either a glitch with the calender or with the feed

CM Capture 8.jpg

EDIT:im now convinced its the feed is screwed up

CM Capture 9.jpg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  13. Jessica

Jessica Member

So what happened to the other 3 games getting the new feed within 24 hours? It's been about a week :p

14. We got this in ZS then a bunch of sore whiners got it near-instantly removed because the feed looked "cluttered".

You want to make it more cluttered by including unnecessary, incorrectly spelled and also mangled English language?

"dis i like" would have no difference to the "Like" button, only make things more cluttered and make it look as though Kano are a bunch of slack-jawed Satanists.

PC has the best feed, because of this.

Please include it in the other games, the features it provides are useful and time-saving (keeping track of expired halps and preventing multiple help attempts)

15. Das liebe Beil

Is it intentional that you can't help adventures that are older than around 8 hours? I saw several adventures that had between 8 and 18 helpers and weren't available for help any more after 9 hours.

16. you mean that

17. dont get the joke????

originally was posted something like

dont hold your breath for a "dislike" button

18. Das liebe Beil

Yep, seems to be the case. I checked some of these old adventures and I didn't help with them and they hadn't received full help.

19. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

I forget what the timeout is on helping an adventure but it has always applied, now it is just apparent.

The feed will be getting a few more improvements this week based on feedback and actions being performed by users.

Top of mind changes:

* feed text will not change for expired entries, instead action links will be greyed out denoting that it is no longer available
    * filters for [All/Friends/Captains/Armada]
    * bring back pirate specific phrases that got dropped in the updates
    * action links expire based on total number of people helping (if reached max num helpers grey out the link)

The developer responsible for this feature has been out of the office for past couple of days which is why the release has halted slightly. Expect to see it get tightened up on PC first and then released to rest of games.

If you have additional suggestions please list them here. As always, we listen to feedback and try to adjust appropriately.

20. it was always 22 hours before this update