May 7th Update: Optimizations and Feature Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Eric, May 7, 2010.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator

We've just posted a release with overall javascript optimization, page loading and layout compatibility fixes.

Specific feature updates include:
    -Elite Captains now expire after 48 hours (previously 24 hours)
    -Invite Interface Redone ( Myspace )
    -Attack and Clan notification pop-ups have been contained in the top left header with longer timeouts.

If you see any issues let us know.

2. forgot to mention that active bounty was moved to left of location.but thats neither here nor there.i like the extended e capts lol.

3. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Regarding the MySpace Invite interface - I like the search feature. Will this search function be implemented in the Inner Circle/Captains pages as well?

Also, I noticed that when clicking on the "Friends Playing Pirate Clan" my friends repeat themselves - currently it says I have 438 but in reality there is only 48.

The same 48 keep repeating themselves. When I hit send invites, and click the cancel button to not send a message to MySpace the invite doesn't seem go through in game. Is there a way to fix that as to not litter people's comment page on MySpace & send invites only in game?

4. Eric

Eric Administrator

Thanks Vampryss for pointing out that invite bug, we will be posting a fix for this soon. As for the search functionality, there are no plans to incorporate it in the inner circle page now, we will be testing it out on the invites and next on the gifting page, then maybe other parts of the game.

5. yeah i have that same issue.they're repeating like 20 times at least,if not more.

6. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

This is still an issue. But even more of an issue is the huge lag time trying to get to the inner circle. When clicking on Captains, the page automatically goes to the invite screen. I have over 3k friends it has to load before I can click on the inner circle link. This takes time & I can't imagine how long it takes for those with 5-7k to 10k friends. It would be nice if when we click on the Captains link it takes us straight to the Inner Circle page & if we need to send invites we can click the appropriate link.

7. not sure if your having same problem,but when i click the inner circle link it reloads the invite page and i have to hit inner circle again to get there.

8. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Yes.. I too have the same issue on all 3 apps.. there seems to be a timed reset for this action.. for example after 24 hours when I click on the Home page link it automatically takes me to the invite page.. This also happens when I start the app for the first time after logging into MySpace.. Point is, it's very frustrating when this happens as I have to wait for the page to load before I can move on & get out of it.. I'm not interested in inviting people & if I was I'd go to the Invite page myself.. :)

9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

That is a good point, we will look to change that up a bit.