April 27th Update: Health Baseline for Battles

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Apr 27, 2010.

1. so theres still no penalty for low health

why is health the only stat that you can neglect with no negative impact

seriously

sure low health and you fare poor against bosses(like they really care)

while someone with average to high health gets low exp even off counters

health needs to be adjusted so when your a certain level

if you have low health it will bring MAJOR disadvantages

if its dying easier or get lower exp each level

dont penalize average to high health players for attacking these low health leeches

give us something please

2. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more.

I found out something even worse. Low health means that you need more attacks to kill a boss. Which means that you get even more xp when it is killed. I killed my Level 10 Hel on FB alone and had only 5000 health when doing so. Not only got I a load of Drop Weapons, I also got enough xp to jump a level.

3. very well done

why bother investing in health

4. Das liebe Beil

Yeah, just invest a load of skills into attack and stamina and keep your health at a fairly low level. You get many random drops this way, you get high xp for the kill and if it takes 4 days to take the boss out, well, why not? More chances to attack it.

5. and more drops

even if you dont beat it

even better

more drops

6. Das liebe Beil

And anyone wants to tell me that this is a bad thing? A setback? You've got to be kidding me.

7. why not just start over

build as a parasite or a tyndall

keep health at 100

and just throw to attack and stam

and get just enough energy

but why touch health at all

8. well rivals that might be viewing this

heres my health

not extremely low but not average either

i can pull off what das said bout all those drops

yeah when leveling up when starting up again

i was blasting bosses leveling 3x sometimes when collecting

so not adding health is more benefit then adding????????

9. Das liebe Beil

Seems like it.

5000 Health are more than enough to get a Level 10 Hel down alone, combined with high stamina and high attack.

To put it this way, low-health builds are quite favored. They can get more drops from bosses, they can leech xp off high health players, slapping them to death is a long work (ask Mike Ketil about that one, he really had to work to axe me to death).

I think, this is an imbalance in the game, as a playing style is heavily favored and has advantages, that are not countered by serious disadvantages. Even the seeming disadvantages are a blessing in disguise.

10. exactly

low health gives advantages with no major disadvantages

as das said those "disadvantages" are a blessing and a major one

low health has no major disadvantage

why give this build a major advantage

all other builds have some disadvantage

yet low health has none???????

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

The Necromancer King Level 406 Skald Viking Health: 3800/3800.I have no intention of increasing my health any further.There is no disadvantage and plenty of advantages.Thanks Kano,for favoring low health players.Time for me to leech off of players that have average to high health.Thank you for this.I can probably attack these players 20 times,while,they can only hit me 3 or 4 times.Not to mention,the experience they get off me will suck,even with counters.Low health all the way.Thank you Kano.Attack and stamina is the way to build.Neglecting your health is perfectly okay.With a low defense,the exp for attackers,will suck even more.Thank you for making the game like this.The benefits for low health are super amazing.High health players,you best watch out.I'm coming.If your defense is low,you best increase it.

12. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Not incrementing health will have limitations and they do. Surprised that this thread has gone this long without anyone picking out the negatives of not having high health, but I guess since we don't tell you explicitly what you don't get, what you don't see you won't miss. But if you find it taking way more actions to progress in the game then you may want to look at your health.

13. Kendall

what disadvantages are there??

i can only think of the following

A)poor damage against bosses(like they really care.this is also a blessing since they get more drops)
    B)they have low axe slap damage(like they really care cause high health players also get low damage slaps on them)

now the advantages

A)they can hit a high or even average health players 20x
    the high health players sets counters and gets ridiculously low exp
    the low health players can leech off of average to high health players
    its almost impossible to kill low health players unless bountying(axe slaps are extremely hard and counter kill is almost impossible)

not to mention they get HUGE exp when attacking bosses.they have to hit so many times that the total exp in the end can level them 3x(i did this when i had low health)

what are the major disadvantages?????

low health players can run the game without consequence

i thought health was a vital stat

but it seems it has advantages both for increasing and for neglecting

but more advantages seem to be for neglecting it

14. i just had a crazy thought

how about if your health is to low

you cant unlock certain bosses or even take part in those bosses

that would put a end to leeches

if it dont well then they will have a disadvantage finally

15. Ace

Ace Member

I think Low health vikings should get the crap XP normal people get off them. Also, making bosses XP depend on health would do well too.

Axe slap damage's absolutely pathetic on low health slayers, yeah, high health will do low damage on them too, but if you have 100 health, someone dealing you 5 damage is a real pain, however, dealing 5 damage on someone who has 5000 health will give him nothing but a laugh.

16. if health is low

attacking exp off bosses will suck terribly

i assume you mean total exp when collecting

17. hulk77

hulk77 Member

What would be a good health for a level 1411 my health is at 5780 but i am working on the health achievement at this time. once i get the max for the health achievement would that be good or do I need more?

18. i only have 3 of 4 achievements(10,350)

and for my level (2275) thats low

general rule is have at least 10x your level in health

19. hulk77

hulk77 Member

Thanks for the tip atheistic. I have been playing for a while now but just recentley have I been watching and truely learning. So I am will to take all tips and help anyone wants to give me.

20. If I recall correctly you have it that low intentionally to annoy a cat.