Facebook Pages Cut-off: May 30, 2011 (Bug)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kendall, May 31, 2011.

1. PHROST

PHROST New Member

/*1306936108,169920124,JIT Construction: v385510,en_US*/

2. Stephanie Bailey

Stephanie Bailey New Member

Page cut-off in Pirate Clan

/*1306831148,169924474,JIT Construction: v385068,en_US*/

The page cuts off in Pirate Clan.
    I'm using Chrome as my browser.

3. NikkixNympalette

NikkixNympalette New Member

/*1306526240,169587306,JIT Construction: v384359,en_US*/

chrome/zs/fb

the wheel doesn't work with mine. Keep getting the half page. :/

4. Pytera

Pytera New Member

Looks like mine is working better (still a little glitchy but nothing like it was) so hopefully this is a sign that FB is actually working on the code bug and correcting the problem. Yea!!

5. NikkixNympalette

NikkixNympalette New Member

Yay! A whole page again!!! Thanks! :p

6. kennycjr

kennycjr Member

hmm, had gotten back to having a regular screen, now i've got some sort of funky scrolling screen.

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We removed the "hack" as Facebook has just stated that the bug has been fixed:

http://bugs.developers.facebook.net/show_bug.cgi?id=17959

"As per Facebook's request: Please try clearing your cache, and if that does not resolve the issue please
    open a new bug -- as this is likely to be a different issue."

Let us know if you are still having issues so we can follow-up with FB.

8. im the beast

im the beast Member

chrome is still messed up showing only half page,safari running with no issues at all. not sure y one is working and the other not,but the issue i guess is still there thanks for the updates on the issue.

9. Aintyerwench

Aintyerwench New Member

I have cleared my cache and this has given me a whole page to play Pirate Clan in (using FireFox)... however, any time I move out of the app and go back in, I get the half page again. So I have to clear my cache and open the app in a separate tab and keep that tab always open if I want to play with a whole page... I love being able to have access to the entire page again, but it is kind of contorting to make it happen (not freely moving around facebook as one is used to doing)... so is the problem really fixed, or is this kind of a bandaid? I, personally would like to see it fully fixed so that I can move around facebook and in and out of the app and still have a full page to play with.

Thanks so much for keeping us updated on the status of this issue and for asking us if we think this issue is fully fixed. I am new to Kano/Apps and am not used to such excellent customer service! Bravo!!!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  10. 9nick

9nick New Member

Still half pages for Chrome and Firefox. Safari now seems to be working as does some obscure browser called Stainless... :cool:

11. Rex

Rex New Member

i am using the latest firefox and i am not having a problem ,been working the whole time for me:D

12. Craig KillZZ

Craig KillZZ Member

ZS - VC wrong size screens

I ran across this a couple times, and it got corrected a couple times. Both Viking and Zombie are being affected, again!!!

/*1307026540,169899130,JIT Construction: v386431,en_US*/

13. sdavis

sdavis New Member

Page freeze,,,,No scroll

I am having trouble with the page freezing. cant scroll to bottom to get to jobs and such. here is first line asked to obtain to correct problem. The game is Mob wars LCN.
    /*1306999772,169906296,JIT Construction: v386431,en_US*/

14. SLG

SLG New Member

I get that this is a FB issue, i really do. BUT, other games have added a scroll bar on the side as a work around. So yes, not Kano's fault I get that, but why hasn't Kano followed suit and added the scroll bar work around. This is getting OLD FAST. Seems like a pretty simple add and then you are not dependent on waiting for FB to fix fram issue... just a thought.

15. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We added a scrollbar hack but it was messing up for players where the re-size would just take a while. We will have an option for scroll bars out with-in the next hour.

16. SLG

SLG New Member

good stuff, looking forward to actually being able to play. Thanks for the quick response!

17. TBKite

TBKite New Member

Page cut-off on Zombie and Viking

/*1307026540,169913449,JIT Construction: v386431,en_US*/

There's the info, page won't load beyond the start of the newsfeed sections on both Zombie Slayer and Viking Clan since about 2p-3p EST yesterday. Don't play the other games, so no info on your other games. Hope this helps and gets fixed soon

18. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

If you are still having issues, we have rolled out a "hack part II" where if we think you are being impacted a link will be shown beside "Invite Friends new!" at the top of the page called "SCROLL BARS FB bug hack!", click that and it will re-open the following game link:

http://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?use_scroll_bars=1
    http://apps.facebook.com/zombieslayer/?use_scroll_bars=1
    http://apps.facebook.com/pirateclan/?use_scroll_bars=1
    http://apps.facebook.com/la_cosa_nostra/?use_scroll_bars=1

This will force the game to be playable with-in scroll bars.

I will add another update when I hear more from Facebook.

Let me know if this is helpful or not.

19. SLG

SLG New Member

Seems to be working overall. It is a little buggy (some text is just locked in place), but far better than not being able to scroll. Click each time you reopen the game. Thanks.