[VC] May 30th Update - Boss Helper Max Dmg Configurable by Boss Owners

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, May 31, 2011.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Boss owners are now able to enforce Boss Helper Max Dmg each time they start a battle with a new boss. The control is currently on the lower left of the boss view under "Helper Max Dmg", dmg defaults to max boss health and min is 1 / (num attackers) * max boss health to spread damage across all evenly.

This will not stop helpers from going over the max dmg, but once a helper has done more dmg than the max they will no longer be able to attack your boss.

Give it a shot and let me know your feedback.

Hopefully this will help those that get frustrated when max dmg requests are not followed.

2. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

Looks good! Just one question: Say it's on the 3rd day of a high-level-low xp boss... and it's not near dead... can we change the settings to allow more damage?

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Yes you can.

4. Ace

Ace Member

I like the new feature.

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Am I reading this right?This is,Eric Maximus,on myspace,right?What a surprise.I thought that the high levels would be against this.It looks like I'm wrong.Wow.This is an excellent update.If you wish to disrespect the boss owner's wishes,you can't anymore.

6. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

Aye, it's me. I have seen bosses that were abused by "non-owners" even with messages in it, for example: "max damage limits are...". Some still ignore it- then again some people read only German, Italian, Swedish, etc and not English (some can't even read, lol). Many higher level players can kill a lower level boss in a few seconds. Sometimes even before a message is placed by the "boss owner".

This gives the control back to the owner of the boss. How it should be. Yes, it's definitely a good thing.

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Nice to know,that,not all the high levels are against this.Even though you did attack me,lol.

8. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

I did? Apologies in RL, lol. I do play for fun and nothing is personal on my end, as my inner circle knows. However, if I get hit or provoked, I will retaliate, be it level 1 to 5000. When I kill a rival- I laugh... I don't smash tables over it, lmao. Take it easy... ;)

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  9. Uncharming

Uncharming New Member

It would be cool if you could also set it so that if a boss only has X time left on it, it is available to kill. Where the owner of the boss sets the quantity for X. Other than that it is great!

Most of the high level players are highly respectful if limits are placed on a boss. There would always be times when the feed got too long and they wouldn't see the message, or they didn't realize this was the same boss they hit earlier in the day. This feature actually helps high levels by protecting them from inadvertently over hitting a boss.

10. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Well, this is in the early stages. But that's a pretty good suggestion about the time left.
    I don't think I'll have that problem; now that I can set limits, I won't be so uneasy about requesting help!

11. Uncharming, your post was spot on, IN MY OPINION. LOL

Couple that with really huge bosses no ordinary mortal can kill and you will probably see an increase in the number that expire.

As for the damage allowed bar, while not against it, I see it as a way to thin the herd and give myself more people to go after on bounty. It's all good. :)

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

You're not against it,but you see it as a way to get rid of your clan?What,if you can't blow up someone's boss,they're worthless to you?

13. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

No. I'm pretty sure Jillian meant he gets to bounty those that go over the FEED POSTED limit. This is like the older method: player opens boss. Player requests help. Player posts a specific limit in the boss feed. Some clan member(s) ignore/don't see the limit. Some clan go over the damage limit. Player declans and bounties those members.

Am I right?

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Read her post again.Then read Kendall's original post.You can't go over the damage bar,making your reasoning,incorrect.I could be wrong,but I don't think so.

15. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

That is true. HOWEVER, this damage bar is a new idea.

BEFORE this was implemented, players could only type a limit in the boss feed and hope that their clan obeyed it. If not, then they often would get declanned AND BOUNTIED.

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I'm well aware of that.I was just reading her post,and,the way I took it,it looks like anyone using the limit,she's going to declan.I could be taking it wrong,but,again,I don't think so.

17. thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!