[PC] May 30th Update - Boss Helper Max Dmg Configurable by Boss Owner

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, May 31, 2011.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Here is one that has been talked about for a while now and we finally got around to getting an implementation out.

Boss owners are now able to enforce Boss Helper Max Dmg each time they start a battle with a new boss. The control is currently on the lower left of the boss view under "Helper Max Dmg", dmg defaults to max boss health and min is 1 / (num helpers) * max boss health to spread damage across all evenly.

This will not stop helpers from going over the max dmg, but once a helper has done more dmg than the max they will no longer be able to attack your boss.

Give it a shot and let me know your feedback. This should come in handy for the Aurora Glacier coop that should be released tomorrow.

2. will test this right now

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Right now it is bare bones, but it should get the job done and is something that has been on our todo / request list for a while now. So I am crossing my fingers for some "awesome job Kano" on this one!

4. one little question

why is it set where lowest we can set damage is much higher than min damage????

just curious

5. 447440 is lowest i can set for this current boss

This reward will be collected by helpers after boss is defeated.

Minimum damage: 233,042

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Better not make this change on Viking.The senior and high level players,will be complaining.

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Right now it is just set to 1/(max attackers) * Boss Max Health, were the reward is something smaller than that.

We can set it lower too, but setting it to that value will spread it out evenly amongst everyone in the boss battle.

8. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Why would they complain? If players are already requesting a max damage from their helpers, there is far more drama from people not listening to the boss owners requests, from what we have heard anyways, where people have been declanned for not obeying the requests. Currently happens across all the games.

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Lol....He just doesnt have a very high opinion of the higher levels Kendall.

This sounds like a GREAT update and I look forward to seeing it VC soon. Not only will it protect the bosses of those who want unlocks or to simply share with clan.....but it should also allow players who level off bosses to blaze thru them even quicker because they wont have to worry about looking for the "unlock" message and it will just automatically stop em when they get to the max (or a lil over). SWEEEEEEET!

would have especially of liked this one for the first polish account!

10. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

This is one that has been highly requested across all our games, so I would be surprised at any negative feedback. It is just giving more control to the boss owner on how damage is distributed.

11. As long as there is no limit set by default (Meaning if the owner does not set it then the game allows you to kill up to 100% of the boss) then I see no problem. If there is a cap set automatically by default then it will result in a lot of expired bosses and make it impossible for players with high stamina from EVER burning off enough stam to make the game worth playing. The game needs to be set up to where the owner has to manually go and set a cap or else there is NO cap on the boss.

I'm pretty much done with PC anyways but this would be an issue if this same concept was applied to VC.

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  12. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

By default it operates as it did before no cap. Boss owner can set a cap to enforce damage to be applied evenly throughout all helpers as a minimum.

Dmg can be adjusted at any point.

13. Thanks. That was my only concern.

Another question just as a curiosity say if a cap is set at 300,000 and one hit by a player does 800,000 worth of damage, is the damage above and beyond the 300K distributed among the other players that have not reached the cap or is it simply lost? The other players wouldn't get any additional XP but it would help really low level or low health players reach the minimum.

14. no

nothing that will help the tyndall

15. tyndall is excluded from this assistance. That is a must.

16. You have reached the max dmg of 2141750 dmg requested by the boss owner.

1.DEATHEXISTFOREVER
    2224436 dmg

hmm wonder if that was set before or after

i know i hit hard(on both networks)didnt think that hard lol

17. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I shall test this, too!

I'll tell my Armada as I go play with our (not-so) shiny *NEW* toy!

I am VERY excited about this update, Kano! It sounds GREAT!

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  18. kabutee

kabutee Member

great update. one of the best changes i seen so far. thanks to kano