protection limits for the higher levels

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by polishpimp, May 26, 2011.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

This suggestion can be applied to all of Kanos games but the actual "level limits" would would be different for each. The numbers I am using apply to Viking clan.

Protection limits based on a players level r necessary but only to a point. I agree that that low to mid level players need to be afforded some type of protection from "bullies" so they will not feel the need to quit because they r being pinned down by some overly aggressive players. Players should be allowed the time to fully understand the games and to develop a strategy that allows for them to be competitive, its essential to the games continued success and growth. With that said.......

Players beyond a certain point/level no longer need this "protection", in fact.....many are using this "protection status" to their advantage which in turn creates a disadvantage for the higher leveled players. Much like any other level players...the higher levels do not deserve to be put at any type of disadvantage. Lets not forget that its the higher level players that have already "toughed out" all the things that the lower levels are complaining about today, in addition....many of the protections that are now afforded the lower levels were not being implemented "back in the day" (yes....i had to walk 5 miles uphill barefooted in the snow to get to school....lol).

The logic/reasoning that Kano is using for the "protection limits" is in part that these new and inexperienced players need to be allowed the time and levels to become competent, experienced and knowledgeable players, my question is.......when does this happen.....wheres the cut off point? The whole basis of success at these games is the accumulation of stats and to rise in levels. Under the current system...the more time u dedicate, the more powerful u become and the higher level u achieve... the more limited your game becomes, in essence....U r being punished for succeeding at the game. Does anybody else see something wrong with this? I believe while using Kanos logic behind "protection limits" that at some point/level all these limits should be removed, using their logic....at some level you become experienced and vested enough to not need these "Protection limits"

The higher in levels u climb in this game the smaller your battle page becomes, under the current system...these higher leveled players must wait to be attacked, do the same tired old adventures and assorted help options....its not really a very good reward for the most dedicated players in the game now is it? Please dont bore me with comments or replies about leveling to much or playing ones self out of the game......once again...success at this game is based/gauged by the accumulation of stats and levels achieved.

In VC there are 3 large jumps in the XP needed to level, the largest being at level 1850 when the XP needed doubles. I take this jump in "Xp needed" as an acknowledgement/concession/recognition by Kano that these players are now experienced enough and r no longer in need of said "protection limits". So I propose that players level 3700 or higher have the ability to attack a player half their level(1850) and up. Please keep in mind that the number of players in this range is still a fairly small number so its not like they are going to be able to go crazy on everbody, all it does is allow them a little more access to the most "experienced" of players in the game who have no reason at all to want or cry about "protection limits", many players in this range are fully capable of beating players hundreds if not thousands of levels above them.

This proposal is not some type of huge advantage for the higher levels, it simply recognizes the achievements, experience and capabilities of this segment of players. In addition...it will address in part the issue of the small battle page selection for the highest of levels which in turn gives the higher levels something to do thus allowing Kano more time to address other more pressing issues than those of expanding the game further for the small number of very high leveled players.

Another idea in addition to this that will help recognize/acknowledge a player dedication /accomplishments to reaching such status is to give them a title that would accompany their their name or level..... something like "legendary viking", "viking god" or something along those lines.

Please keep in mind that I am not at the level that would afford me this status. I just think that something akin to this would go along ways to keeping the most dedicated and deserving players in the game interested and acknowledges their accomplishments. Yes Kano...its very important to take care of the low leveled players as they are the key to future success of the games and you....but please....lets not forget about the player who got ya here in the first place, for without them......the lower levels wouldnt have a game to enjoy! In essence....dont forget to dance with the girl u brought to the dance.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

all that does is give all the power to u just bc ur a higher lvl...LoL, u gotta pay the cost to be the boss, if u wanna lvl past everyone else then thats ur decision, but dont ask for help bc u didnt take the time to think about not having anyone to fight

thats just something u gotta deal wit or learn how to be the bad guy, the most dedicated players learn how to stick within arms reach anyway just like on the highway, if everyone is doing 80 then do u stay at 65? now if ur answer is yes then u get left in the dust and they cant see u anymore anyway, but now if everyone is doing 65 and ur doing 80 then u obviously leave them, thus putting them out of ur radar as well

3. as i am past level 2000 but not level 3000 in viking yet

a level 2000 needs NO protection whatsoever

no reason for it

counters sure but they should be open for ALL to attack

level 2000 you know the game inside and out

you know every strategy

no reason for protection past level 2000

4. well i would be open for you to attack

as of now i have ta hit ya for ya ta attack me

you win for now

id be open as well lol

its a great idea and would involve a little something called STRATEGY

5. polishpimp

U are a moron, your attack list is not full as u r clan with a large number of those around or above your level, your rival page on the other hand may be a different story.

Since u once again have decided to violate forum rules by using a players name in a negative fashion and are making accusations of cheating...i would imagine your post wont be here long. Please walk.... dont run back to the shallow end of the gene pool

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the post this reply quoted and was replying to was deleted....Please feel free to delete this one as well. It doesnt matter to me either way. I wont scream censorship.....lol

6. polishpimp

Did u even read my post? Im not even eligible for what I have proposed. How the hell is this asking for help....it offers no advantage to those of a certain level or higher. Are u suggesting that the end goal of the games is not to climb in levels and that people shouldnt play to the best of their abilities, and that by excelling at a game and being largely responsible for the existence of the game that they should have less afforded to them than other players ? Is your argument....that players should be able to be protected at any level? Its Kanos responsibility to all its players regardless of level to keep the game fair and moving forward allowing for all players despite their level or abilities to continue enjoying the game. This proposal would afford them more time to develop other features and protections for the masses that truly need them...yet still allow the more dedicated/seasoned players something to do. Its very simple...If a segment of the game needs protection due to lack of experience or knowledge......than it only makes sense that the others do not! This proposal rewards and acknowledges a higher level players achievements and dedication to the game....IT DOES NOT OFFER AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE!

7. thats right well said larry oops i mean polish

8. MOJO1916

MOJO1916 Member

Originally Posted by polishpimp
    Did u even read my post? Im not even eligible for what I have proposed. How the hell is this asking for help....it offers no advantage to those of a certain level or higher. Are u suggesting that the end goal of the games is not to climb in levels and that people shouldnt play to the best of their abilities, and that by excelling at a game and being largely responsible for the existence of the game that they should have less afforded to them than other players ? Is your argument....that players should be able to be protected at any level? Its Kanos responsibility to all its players regardless of level to keep the game fair and moving forward allowing for all players despite their level or abilities to continue enjoying the game. This proposal would afford them more time to develop other features and protections for the masses that truly need them...yet still allow the more dedicated/seasoned players something to do. Its very simple...If a segment of the game needs protection due to lack of experience or knowledge......than it only makes sense that the others do not! This proposal rewards and acknowledges a higher level players achievements and dedication to the game....IT DOES NOT OFFER AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE!

I AGREE
    KANO ....is holding high levels back...has been for months
    kinda keeps you for even bothering to play to level ...thing is it took most of the whingers all year to get to any level 600+ (the freebie badge of honour crew...we KNOW whom you are )
    got ask the question....why are they afforded any protection if they dont contribute to the knao...INC CORP

the protection is way to high...they punch they die..I DONT CARE HOW
    AND the whinging has to stop
    FARMVILLE:p

9. just months???not a yr or more lol

10. polishpimp

hmmmm...where did your last post go then?

Listen...I dont wanna sit here and argue like children and let our game status get in the way of things. Im just simply offering a suggestion that u obviously disagree with....isnt that good enough? I apologize for calling u a moron....and look forward to having an intelligent and civil debate on why or why not this proposal is good idea.

11. polishpimp

AHHHHH...the voice of reason....TY!

12. polishpimp

This a great thread....I agree with most of it except for the limiting of "counters". "Counters" are a legitimate strategy and many accounts are built around using them as so...including my new account. Im not advocating for more...what we have is plenty enough.

Im a firm believer that a player should take full advantage of every "tool in their box" as long as its legal, anything less would be kinda fool hardy if ya ask me. The fact that some players deem counters as dishonorable does not make it so. They are an absolute legal and legitimate aspect of play. Some peoples strategy/style of play are just different....its one of the things I find most enjoyable about the game. They can definitely be frustrating at times just as other things can be....but its figuring it out and overcoming these frustrations that make the successes in the end even sweeter!

13. Ace

Ace Member

Umm, the way it is now, punching opens you to attack the lower level til they die, you probably know that since it's most likely all you can do at your level (no offense meant)

The topic suggests that after a certain level, everyone can attack whoever they like. I'll put VC as an example:

The top dogs, who are around level 8000, would be able to attack anyone who is 1850+ (as the suggestion tells)

While I think it's true that high levels should be given something to do, isn't it quite crazy that you play normally and then some guy who probably has 5x your stats even if you invested little next to nothing on Health/Energy/Stamina comes and kicks your butt 5000 times, probably killing you a few times while they're at it, when your build was originally meant to be able to fight people of your level without someone 6000 levels higher coming out of the blue to crush you?

I think higher levels need other activities.

To think what activities is up to them to suggest what they wanna do besides bullying people, and up to Kano to imagine what they would like.

14. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

i am simply stating that since u know u cannot attack people if u are well above their lvl then u either need to not lvl faster than everyone or deal wit it

everyone likes to throw the word "protection" around but this is not protection, its simply the fact that certain lvls cannot attack u bc of the unfair advantage with the equipment and skill pts

besides, a person with 5000 more skill points should not be able to attack someone 1000 lvls below them just bc they have nobody else at their lvl anyway, that makes no sense at all no matter how much u think u can "build ur character" it just aint gonna work in ur favor...im not gonna base my character on the fact that u are gonna be able to attack me from 2000 or so lvls above me and have to alter my stats bc u cant attack somebody and go cryin to kano

just in case u didnt know, asking to be able to attack someone that u cannot attack is askin for help, if u need more people to fight then find a way to get them, and that doesnt include askin for help from kano ("u" is once again not directly pointed at u polish, it is for anyone that feels the same way u do about droppin stuff)

so i'll state it again, u gotta pay the cost to be the boss and if u wanna lvl in the clouds and leave everybody behind then stay up there in the clouds and dont come askin kano for help attackin people bc u shoulda realized a long time ago that u cant attack nobody up there so its stupid to run urself out of the picture (everyone calls it a "trap" to lvl to 300 so fast but the real trap is for the fools that run themselves up in the clouds wit nothing to do bc then they have to sit there and look stupid while everybody else is having fun fighting...LOL)

15. polishpimp

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....u make me sooooo tired...lol

OK....so u have made yourself very clear myself and all other high levels should not play to the best of their abilities, we should purposely sit around and wait or go slower in hopes that everyone else will catch up. I GOT IT! oh wait...just so im clear.......

whether its VC, chess or any other game or sport.... a participant should purposely dumb themselves down, train less or give less effort in attempt to be mediocre? If the majority of people took the "lets not better ourselves" or "try less approach" where would we be? Drawing on cave walls? This game much like life is constantly evolving.....if it doesnt...guess what happens next....it ceases to exist. Why dont you ask Kano to just end the game at a certain level...that way all the players that pioneered the game and helped shape into what it is can just ride off into the sunset and go play a competitors game....Im sure they would love that idea!

Ummmm.....your statement about not being able to make a completive character that is a thousand levels less is just plain false. Yes ....that would be true at the lower levels in most cases....but this thread is referring ONLY to the higher levels.

Yes...the word "protection" is thrown around way to much as is the term "bully".....but the simple fact is that we need these well known terms to make it easier for the masses to understand the gist of what someone is saying without having to go back and repeat everything when referring to an established issue.

No. Im not asking for "help"....Im simply "suggesting" an idea that "I' think would allow for the continued and or enhanced enjoyment of the game by the higher leveled players who have less to do. Correct me im wrong...but I do believe that its exactly what these forums are designed to do....for players to offer "suggestions" on what they think might improve the game and to contribute "feedback" on updates Kano has already implemented. yes or no? Obviously you are opposed to my suggestion and that is fine. With that said...it is also very obvious that u r not a very high leveled player and that your "real game" experience and knowledge there of...is limited at best.

So in closing my friend.....Yes....I and the others must "deal with it" as we always have, we will sit here and "pay the cost of being the boss"....as we always have. But know this....Im not whining or cryin.... I and the others knew full well what we were doing and its potential consequences of reaching levels never obtained before in a game that is and should continue to evolve. Im merely continuing to offer suggestions about a game that i happen to be very good at and knowledgeable about in an effort to help make the game a fair and enjoyable experience for all levels as we move forward....after all....its what the forums are for. So please go and enjoy the games that we All have contributed to in one way or another and dont worry yourself about the game moving forward... Come see me in a year when the number of High rated players have quadrupled (maybe including yourself) and tell me that Kano should never address the issues of the higher leveled players.

16. Well with your viking you have nothing to fear from most level 3000-4000 players in the game consider what, like 3 of them can actually win hits on you?