May 4th Update: Server Failures

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, May 4, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

This morning 3am PT we had some web servers and databases magically fail, we had to take the site down again 3:30pm PT due to some corrupted tables that we are currently recovering.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

2. thats great this should happen more every 1 hour lol so bot/autoplay users still at work lose all scripts planed/set ups >> brake them up :D

3. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update on what is happening today.

4. Kel the Merciful King

Not a bad idea if it works :) I have two non-bots waiting to axe me right soon as the game comes up. No doubt they are seriously pissed at not being able to axe kill anyone at the moment!

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Servers crashing at 3am and then mysterious 1 off errors happening due to some weird corruption is definitely not a fun thing, we should be up and running shortly.

6. well its late here in England so im cool thanks Kendall and no worries kill that Error i be back on Viking Clan tomorrow ;)

7. Kel the Merciful King

I bet you dollars to doughnuts, that its a FB thing as well. Lots of problems with them at parallel times except the early 3 am breakdown your time. Not sure if that carries over to the MS interface as well. Good luck (grissly problem)

8. I was hoping Kendall you were installing new software to catch eddie and olen cheating..lol

9. Hey Kel the good king are there names Olen or eddie,or maybe Lomax..huh?..hahhahah

10. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

You may notice some weirdness due to the most recent power outage with boss battles that were active within the last 6 hrs or so, most notably users that you helped do not show or the number of users that helped with your boss shrunk, some data was lost with boss helpers but not the boss itself (health, time, etc).

Anyways, that seems to be the most annoying loss of data but not bad since we lost everything twice in 1 day.

There is automation detection in Viking Clan that continues to get refined, if users are using automation they will get frozen.

11. Eddie

Eddie Member

John that should prove to you that I do not cheat. Being a better player does not necessarily mean I am cheating. Dolly passed Lomax and Horns who she accused of leveling up too fast "because they were using scripts". So did she catch up to them and pass them using bots/scripts/cheats? No.

12. Awwwwww How cute Eddie.. Your girlfriend Lomax showed you how to quote people..lol
    This proves nothing moron, just means you haven't been caught...YET!!!
    Its coming though buddy.. so keep going.. they will catch you.. quote me on that idiot!!
    hahahahhaha...you woman hater...at least I just hate you..and not all women..like you!!

13. Kel the Merciful King

Sorry, have my axe to grind in FB!

Thanks again Eric for getting the game fixed. Lost all of my rivals (np), and all the counters are reset (eh), so off to work I go ...

Kel
    Level 2434, FB