May 13 Developer Update - Guild Member Privacy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Eric, May 13, 2011.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator

You now have the ability to enable Privacy mode for your members on your Guild profile. Guild admins can go to the Edit page and select Member Privacy -> Yes. Selecting Privacy will hide your member list from non members. Note: players who are members with a Guild with which you are alliances or enemies with will see your member list regardless of the privacy setting.

2. Sturla

Sturla New Member

You have to be joking

Why dont you guys just create a separate game for the people who want to pick daisies and have a tea party instead of engaging one another? Oh wait, there IS such a game, it's called Farmville, lol! What on earth is the purpose of guilds if you cant see who's in them? And why stop at guilds, why not allow individual players to go stealth so nobody will see them and do mean things to them?

Terrible idea, IMO.

3. you can see the leader and officers still(unless thats a bug)

hey its all in strategy ever hear of strategy

4. hmmm, yes yes, this is amajor set back for those who go to guild pages looking for low level players to harrass. Frankly, it doesn't effect my game play at all. Those I have issue with, I have saved URLs for.

5. anyone that was smart enough to save urls more power to you and this update is a case of to little to late.

anyone that didnt save urls then thats to bad

6. Never let a tyndall escape your grasp.

7. Eddie

Eddie Member

Are tags still visible though?

8. Sturla

Sturla New Member

Hiding is not a strategy.

9. sure it is

and very effective if its done right

10. yes they are lol

11. Sturla

Sturla New Member

That's exactly my point. What is the purpose of guilds if you're going to allow them to go dark? I have gazillions of URLs saved (perhaps even yours... lol), but that isnt the question. Guild dynamics have been a great addition to the game, why render them irrelevant by allowing them to hide?

12. Erik Den Grusomme

Erik Den Grusomme New Member

The new developments that are made ​​- what is it used for?

13. said it once ill say it again

strategy strategy strategy strategy

true you might of saved CURRENT members of the guild

but if they add a new member unless there also on radar you wont know

14. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

You will always have access to 4 members. The Leader and the Officers.

15. you assume there is officers

16. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Okay, let me rephrase that: You'll have access to up to 4 members.

17. I disagree with this change. You join a guild or attack/harass/bully someone in a guild - "at your own risk".

18. wonderful update.

just cant keep stressing that.

wonderful update

sides the tags are still visible and im sure its visible in someones feed when joining so you still have access to them you just gotta know where ta look

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Posted on the mob war thread,but I will post here as well.The only ones that will find this update either stupid or bogus is the bullies.

20. Again, and Again, and Again.

Why do you need to access to a guild's membership? So you can go down the list and bounty everyone in that guild, who's not big enough to beat the snot out of you for doing so, because one of that guild claimed a bounty somebody else put on you, or beat you on the fight list, or you attacked somebody in that guild and lost?? Seriously what??

Can any of you who are upset with this update give me a single good reason why without making yourself look like a cowardly leech?