[PC] Developer Update - Bounty List Free For All Levels and Costs

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, May 10, 2011.

1. thank you thank you.

2. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Agreed.

If you are going to protect the lower levels, then the same formula of protection needs to apply to upper levels.

3. monacho

monacho New Member

Thank you for being open minded about this...

4. MOJO1916

MOJO1916 Member

Appreciate this ..and thanks

prehaps you would consider an alternative choice .....

block the ability both ways....till a certain level

there by giving them a chance...to amass enough def and cash
    to be able to join the arena of been listed........

however..thanks..the speed of your turn around..is heart warming....lol

5. I've been playing for over 600 days now and for a long time there were no clans in the game and players had no protection except members of their clan. We played a lot every day to get to our levels and then in many cases, we even paid some for favor points. Now those people who were and are still some of the most loyal can't even help fellow captains.

I honestly saw no problem with the bounty system as set up before except that people need to be healed to bounty someone. I can honestly say that someone can put you back in the hospital before you even get a chance to hit that bounty button. It also gives them a chance to gain back all xp lost and then some when you can attack back at the person who bountied you. Where is the deterrent from constantly attacking someone when you can attack even more and gain back every bit of lost XP??

6. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

I think it's strange and sad that anyone over 2,000 would whine about not being able to bounty someone 1,000 or more levels lower.

If the lower member started it and is antagonizing the situation, have at it! I see low level players all the time believing they should be able to attack anyone and then cry when there is retaliation. Then ... they do it again.

What sense is there, though, for a high level to just find a low level and get his/her jollies from bountying them without ever being attacked by the person?

I have a bully that Kano knows well about who sought me out after I said something she didn't agree with on Facebook. She used my FB code and found my account then bragged that she would be my bully until she was done with me. Just because I didn't agree with her.

She is over 2,000 levels higher than me. She has bountied me daily and every time I heal for a week. I was in the 700's when she started this. She is in the mid 3,000's. Is that fair? No, it isn't, and it isn't whining. It's someone who has every d*mned right to play being bullied by someone who cannot fight anyone at her level.

Other clan closer to her level have tried to fight her. She cannot. She loses every time so she bounties them. That's all she does. Bounties and PW then bounties again. She goes after people in the 200 range, as well. If they inadvertently answer a PW call, they become her target and she bounties them daily for that one strike. This is why I have never put out a PW request on her. In fact, I still have never attacked her. Only set a few bounty traps until I couldn't afford it anymore.

I don't believe anyone should be able to attack anyone else outside of a 1,000 level range. This goes for the small guys being blocked from being able to attack anyone over 1,000 just as high levels being blocked from attacking anyone under Level 1,000.

There should be a range limit of 1,000. You cannot attack, PW, or bounty anyone who is greater than or less than 1,000 from your level. If they cannot fight at their own level, they should go to Farmville.

This would solve the issues of high level bullies as well as cheaters using low level copy accounts to hoard and secretly do their dirty work.

7. so low levels are allowed to whine and complain while the higher levels that WERE THERE FROM THE BEGINNING ARENT???SERIOUSLY????

only reason the 300s range would complain is simply they leveled to quickly for there own good.they simply had to read and see that 300 they were open

now a high level cant look after clan especially if the example i brought up more than once is the case.

why penalize the highers cause the noob didnt realize it was a trap to level so fast
    how is that the high levels fault the noob fell for the leveling trap

game was fair as it was but once again us the noobs dont read and whine complain cause they realize they screwed up leveling so fast.

seriously high levels that had been here from the BEGINNING that invested $$ into the app just so we can get screwed over by noobs not reading and whine and complain??

if you get up past level 2000 you will be seeing my side of this

if you have a bully then get stronger and/or get high level clan to go after them

strongly disagree on range limit.let the lower just try the higher so the higher can pound them down.get up past level 2000 seriously.

why should the game have to change BIG TIME when i bet EVERYONE on that leaderboard endured all of this regardless of which network.thats slapping them straight in the face

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  8. and i have a thread on this but im gonna bring it up yet again

why does anyone over level 2000 need protection from anyone??

level 2000 you should definitely know every strategy there is to fend off and/or discourage attackers.

that level should know how to hold your own and need no protection.

level 2000s should be open for everyone to attack.

it would help curve all the problems with lower levels complaining

a 2000 is far from a low level and if they cant hold there own then they didnt pay attention

9. Who do we need protection from? The Omega-Platinum-Bicycle Seat Credit Card? So like a second layer of protection that says no one over level 4000 can list anyone under level 4000?

10. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I (not quite level 1700) would like protection from bounties from players more than twice my level.

11. TabithaMoon

Why does it bother you so much to be kept from bountying new or lower players?

It doesn't matter what the old rules were. Games evolve as the devs learn of new issues, many of whica are caused by the lower human nature of bullying others in a game when they can't win in real life.

It's a social game. The devs and owners have every right to make adjustments accordingly, and they have every right to protect the interests of all of their players. There is no logic in a high level assaulting a low level. None. Therefore, the only logical solution is to stop this from happening, even to the point of protecting the low level from his own stupidity of attacking high levels.

FYI: I never said low levels have a right to whine, especially when they pick the fight. It is not whining when an arrogant bully thousands of levels higher keeps that player from enjoying the game simply to feed their shallow and fragile ego.

12. "Why does it bother you so much to be kept from bountying new or lower players? " i dont bounty unless they attack me or my clan in which case i will to attempt to get them to back off.

"It doesn't matter what the old rules were. Games evolve as the devs learn of new issues, many of whica are caused by the lower human nature of bullying others in a game when they can't win in real life."
    issues that happen by someone leveling to fast and not bothering to read that they open up at a certain level.why hinder the high levels just cause someone cant read

"It's a social game. The devs and owners have every right to make adjustments accordingly, and they have every right to protect the interests of all of their players. There is no logic in a high level assaulting a low level. None. Therefore, the only logical solution is to stop this from happening, even to the point of protecting the low level from his own stupidity of attacking high levels."
    while ill agree its the devs game and they obviously have the right to change it however they want.however 99% of the time a high level isnt "assulting" a low level player without any cause.maybe 1% of the time.other 99% its a high level looking after clan.
    and as brought up in another thread with this change its just promoting illegal alt accounts and shields them for another 200 levels.not the intention but ill bet its gonna happen more frequently now thanks to this.

"FYI: I never said low levels have a right to whine, especially when they pick the fight. It is not whining when an arrogant bully thousands of levels higher keeps that player from enjoying the game simply to feed their shallow and fragile ego"
    well then i apologize if i took it as you were saying low levels had the right to whine.
    it IS however whining when reaching the free for all range.cant take the heat then the game isnt for you.and as i said already but will say it again 99% of the time high levels wont just randomly target a low level just because.theres a few valid reasons for it
    A)there watching after clan
    B)the low level is in a rival armada/guild/faction/syndicate
    C)the name is inappropriate and therefore deserve it(plenty on myspace at least with inappropriate but seemingly acceptable names so we make them permanent kills)
    D)the low level is really a illegal alt account and therefore another permanent kill
    E)they picked the fight now let the higher level show them how much of a mistake that was
    F)the low level decided to cuss someone out and therefore again deserve to get bountied over and over again

plenty more where those came from

13. Neck Snapper

Neck Snapper Member

You have lost how this all started. HSD Armada were not letting high levels battle against any of them which there are over 12 HSD Armada members in this high level range. And if anyone outside of the HSD Armadas which there are 2 tried to battle with one of them and went thru their counters then HSD Armada would gang attack them setting them up for the kill. They then got greedy and began gang attacking players that just happen to be on the leader board ahead of them. I myself do not care if I win or loose. I just like playing! It is nice to win sometimes and I keep my level so I do. But to send nasty email after email to me from their Leader saying I cannot attack any of them or they will all go after me. Well I think that sound like bullies to me! And No is it not just me at this level. It is many players who are getting pretty tired of it and are ready to quit the game totally. Like me!
    A new player started today at level 16 and I clanned them and welcomed them. They said what a friendly game it was compared to my space. I told her that we have a lot more nice people here than we have bad ones and it is a great game. I hope by the time she gets up their KANO will have something in place to stop this totally unfair policy where Armadas are allowed to set up a kill with 12 or so to 1.

14. Neck Snapper

Neck Snapper Member

Another note is that at the high levels there are very few players which means the 12 HSD Armada members are the only battle pirates in most high levels range they can battle with. So if they cannot battle , they are not allowed to play. If they play they are gang attacked and so the story goes on and on..... No one should be able to police Pirate Clan other than the developers of KANO.

15. TabithaMoon

My initial comment wasn't regarding those who go looking for fights. I was merely pointing out the benefits of a protection feature for all parties, and I added my own experience with a bully who had no cause, rhyme, or reason to bounty me other than a disagreement on Facebook. I've seen such a thing a lot with fellow clan. I've seen clan mates get targeted for belonging to political groups on Facebook. I even knew of a bible thumper who was going around Viking Clan bountying and attacking people for playing a "godless game." (Yet, he put the time and effort into becoming a very high level.)

It's in these cases only that I feel this feature should be in place. Since it is impossible for Kano to determine truth from fiction in who starts what and the reason someone is behaving in a certain way, there must be a blanket policy. I believe this policy should govern the level distance.

I'm not sure I understand the free for all zone. Maybe you can explain it to me? Except for this issue with this bully, I don't pay that much attention to the varying facets of the game. I just play. I don't even attack people who attack me just because I showed up on the auto-generated battle list. Or even those who come after my bounty.

I stick by what I said about a range. There is no logical reason for someone to attack a player who is 1,000 or more levels higher or 1,000 levels or more lower. I think there should be a block and a message that pops up saying the person is outside of the battle range.

Keep the newbies safe from their noobness and make the would-be high level bullies learn to play the game at their own level.

Not all lower levels attack upper levels on purpose. The game has achievements, don't forget, and getting bounties is one of them. They may not understand that this will lead to retaliation.

In my personal opinion, I find it silly to go after anyone who goes after a bounty. That is my personal opinion and no judgment on anyone who chooses to play this way. I'd rather go after the person who set the bounty. I've even sent "Nice kill" and "Add me" messages to people who have gotten my bounty.

I noticed you mentioned something earlier about the feelings and loyalty of long time players of this game and supporters of this game being ignored. You probably don't realize it since you are way beyond the early levels, but most of the low levels are dead/abandoned accounts. Kano has been made painfully aware of this, and unless you and others on the leaderboard are planning on buying the game out and having it as an exclusive club, Kano has to find ways of keeping players before all the newcomers leave and take their possible financial support with them.

Making my way up the ranks until somewhere between 300 and 500, I was able to get most of my battle and bounty achievements because most of the players on my generated battle list were abandoned accounts. As it is right now, I have more bounty achievements than people in my clan who are twice my level. That's not good considering over 90% of those were due to bountying abandoned accounts. That's not good for Kano at all. This is why they have to consider everyone and not just those who wish to continue bountying weaker, lower players who cannot possibly fight back.

16. "My initial comment wasn't regarding those who go looking for fights. I was merely pointing out the benefits of a protection feature for all parties, and I added my own experience with a bully who had no cause, rhyme, or reason to bounty me other than a disagreement on Facebook. I've seen such a thing a lot with fellow clan. I've seen clan mates get targeted for belonging to political groups on Facebook. I even knew of a bible thumper who was going around Viking Clan bountying and attacking people for playing a "godless game." (Yet, he put the time and effort into becoming a very high level.)"

and with this extended protection also allows cheaters to cheat easier as they get a extra 200 levels protection.some are bullies but 99% of the time most of the high levels are after them anyway.far as that bible thumper well that does fall under a valid reason.im sure plenty can take care of him.

"It's in these cases only that I feel this feature should be in place. Since it is impossible for Kano to determine truth from fiction in who starts what and the reason someone is behaving in a certain way, there must be a blanket policy. I believe this policy should govern the level distance."
    actually its NOT impossible.i seen on another thread kano was able to view the logs and see how much exp someone lost so im pretty sure attacks/bounties/whips ill go as far as even messages can also get tracked and see just who started it

"I'm not sure I understand the free for all zone. Maybe you can explain it to me? Except for this issue with this bully, I don't pay that much attention to the varying facets of the game. I just play. I don't even attack people who attack me just because I showed up on the auto-generated battle list. Or even those who come after my bounty."
    well this whole thread is about the free for all zone when someone opens up for everyone to list.thats what the whole thread was originally about.if someone attacks for any reason ill attack back.i also play facebook and hi5 and am by no means a high level on those.attack someone for any reason ESPECIALLY if going after a bounty you should automatically expect to get attacked back.and if a lower level decides to be stupid and attack the high level then tough luck

"I stick by what I said about a range. There is no logical reason for someone to attack a player who is 1,000 or more levels higher or 1,000 levels or more lower. I think there should be a block and a message that pops up saying the person is outside of the battle range."
    there already IS a message saying xxx is a higher level and out of your experience range any type of attack against this player will open you up for retaliation attacks.HOWEVER i will say that bounties should show a name in red if there a much higher level and give a better warning that you open yourself up.if someone wants to try a high level let them and let them pay for it.if a high level wants to bounty or pistol whip someone hoping the other player hits back then thats the lower players fault for not reading the warning.

"Keep the newbies safe from their noobness and make the would-be high level bullies learn to play the game at their own level."
    let them learn the hard way.no way to protect those that just look to annoy the highers.if the lower level wants to pick the fight let them and let them pay the consequence for it.why protect someone that dont want it

"Not all lower levels attack upper levels on purpose. The game has achievements, don't forget, and getting bounties is one of them. They may not understand that this will lead to retaliation."
    how exactly doesnt a low level attack a higher on purpose?the game has achievements this is true HOWEVER no where does it say attack the high level to get it.if the low level doesnt heed the warning thats there fault for not reading.i already said this but will say it again on the profile page it does say that player is out of range and will open you up.but again ill stress my suggestion again that a out of range high level player should show up on the hitlist as a red color to better stress what is stressed multiple ways

"In my personal opinion, I find it silly to go after anyone who goes after a bounty. That is my personal opinion and no judgment on anyone who chooses to play this way. I'd rather go after the person who set the bounty. I've even sent "Nice kill" and "Add me" messages to people who have gotten my bounty."
    most players attack everyone attacking them.more so the one that set the bounty IF they can beat that player.if they cant or that player just hides then by all means the high level has EVERY RIGHT to attack the ones that went after them.i really believe the rival list is purposely set the way it is.attack for any reason and land on rival list expect to get attacked for either the next 24hrs or until the higher decides to bounty you or happens to land a battle kill(a pistol whip doesnt count and kano confirmed on another thread a pistol whip kill is NOT the same as a battle kill and wont close the window)

"I noticed you mentioned something earlier about the feelings and loyalty of long time players of this game and supporters of this game being ignored. You probably don't realize it since you are way beyond the early levels, but most of the low levels are dead/abandoned accounts. Kano has been made painfully aware of this, and unless you and others on the leaderboard are planning on buying the game out and having it as an exclusive club, Kano has to find ways of keeping players before all the newcomers leave and take their possible financial support with them."
    again i play on facebook and hi5 as well.hi5 i joined like 2 months ago give or take a few days.abandoned account or active account doesnt matter.its there and always will be there for the simple fact that player can always come back.a account is never truly "dead" as kano can transfer the account to another account in the same network(and so ive been seeing in another thread to another network but this is beside the point)if the account is abandoned it doesnt always mean they quit cause they couldnt take the heat

17. "Making my way up the ranks until somewhere between 300 and 500, I was able to get most of my battle and bounty achievements because most of the players on my generated battle list were abandoned accounts. As it is right now, I have more bounty achievements than people in my clan who are twice my level. That's not good considering over 90% of those were due to bountying abandoned accounts. That's not good for Kano at all. This is why they have to consider everyone and not just those who wish to continue bountying weaker, lower players who cannot possibly fight back."
    well again not all abandoned accounts are intentional.well then thats just sheer luck if the account is abandoned or dead.just like you dont even need active players for them to count toward your size.a body is a body.a level 1 dead account counts just the same as a level 5300 active player.more power to those that get bounty achievements that way.its there and not illegal and by all rights shouldnt be illegal.i swear i said this in my last reply to your other post that 99% of the time its not to be a bully when listing it more times than not has a valid reason behind it.nothing is stopping the lower level from getting a higher level clan member to either go after the "bully" or if clan then nothing is stopping the lower from asking a higher level clan to get the other one to back off.the low levels have it EASY.the high levels are the ones that have it hard.get up to a high level and i bet you will see my side on all this.

and the only reason my post is in 2 parts is because it was to long to fit in a single post

18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Wow cousin,you're holding your ground like a damn pitbull.First the viking thread and now this one have a debate going on.I actually agree that this update was a terrible idea for all the reasons both ATHEISTIC and Polishpimpn said.You'll find Polishpimpn in the viking thread on the same issue.

19. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Fact is, that by Level 510 on Pirate Clan, you have unlocked much rule that can be bought easily and in large quantities. And the Cartagena Rule has very nice income values.

MySpace sees many alt accounts / alt users, sometimes even on the leaderboard of a game. Don't know how the situation is on FB or hi5 in this regard, but MySpace has many known/suspected Alt Users. Problem here, unless you have a screenshot of a person confirming that they're using an alt, you usually can't prove a thing.

Now if I were to build a bounty alt, I'd make sure that it unlocks the last Cartagena Rule and then I'd only buy more and more Rule. Selling off anything with an upkeep to avoid these costs and letting it sit on Level 500.

PC bounty range would start at Level 510 with the new system, so my Alt sits safely under that magical barrier.

And then I start feeding bounties to my main account. Small members of enemy armadas, random players and so on.

Of course the larger players in the Armada will want to protect their lower clan. Now remember that I built a Cash Cow. Everyone over Level 1000 is unable to list my Level 500 cash cow and players under level 1000 usually don't have that much cash at hand to stop a chainlister with well-planned rule. They might get some kills in, but remember, it's a cash cow, dying repeatedly to prevent leveling is actually a positive thing for such an alt.

And this is exactly what the longer protection for lower levels will bring. Level 300 might have become a bit harsh, but, I started a new FB viking about 3 months back. I was a level 300 within days, mostly thanks to obsessive leveling. And, did it hurt me that I was now in the Free For All range? Nope, and my income sucked by Level 300.

Maybe the range could be extended, from 300 to the next unlocked land (Cartagena for Pirates, Nifelheim for Vikings). Mob Wars and Zombie Slayer don't need any adjusting in this regard in my eyes. 300 is fine on both apps, you simply don't reach Level 300 within 3 days.

20. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Okay, could you refresh my memory of what that level range is?
    I would cite the names of HSD, HSD1, and hsd2 players in my range and above that I regularly attack - but KANO doesn't like us using players' names.

That bolded segment? You're going for an illogical, irrational, play-on-our-emotions argument.

Stop threatening to quit and just do it already! Spare us your whining. I (and many others) have listed EXACTLY what you need to do to stop the chain-listing and bullying.
    BOUNTY - Drop upkeep and boost income. That will boost your base bounty price. After a few bounties, your price will be quite high. Either HSD will have to fork over the big bucks or pass on bountying you.
    WHIP - Ignore the ones that you can't beat. Attack those you can. Whip the ones you can. Increase your health (this one is my guess - I don't have any evidence to back it up).
    ATTACK - Anyone above your range can NOT attack you unless you are either on the hitlist or you have attacked THEM somehow in the last 24 hours. To prevent this, do NOT attack/whip/bounty someone out of your range. Anyone in your range...sorry. You'll just have to boost defense to take care of them. Set some counters. And anyone BELOW your range...SMASH. THEM. Grind them into the dust! And if you can't beat them...again, sorry. Raise your defense stat, purchase strong defense items (or get from Adventures/Bosses/Blacksmith), and set counters.
    MESSAGES - Block anyone who sends you messages you don't like. They shouldn't be able to send anything other than the canned ones if they are NOT your clan. Block any alts or friends of theirs that send you messages.