[ZS] Developer Update - Bounty List Free For All Levels and Costs

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, May 10, 2011.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We made a couple changes to the bounty list free for all that previously began at level 300.

We increased the level to coincide with content unlocked: Level 360 (China / about 70% content unlocked)

We reduced the protection costs ramp up below the hitlist free for all, to follow closer to what a user will experience when they will no longer be protected from users outside of double their level.

Here are the reasons why we adjusted these levels, user protected costs and our thoughts behind it:

• level 300 players getting hitlisted is one of the top issues we deal with in our support (30-50% of the issues we deal with is around this), users not understanding why they can be hitlisted by a player at level 3000 when they are at 300. Active daily players drop dramatically from level 300 on which corresponds with the data that we get through our support channels, we suspect that players just give up if they hit a level +1000 player that has the funds to continually hitlist them for reason or not.
    • at one point level 300 may have made sense, but now that we have added so much content beyond level 300 hitlist costs and income levels between a level 300 and say someone at 1000 is not a level playing field.
    • players that are below the free for all level can still be hitlisted by people that are double their level, so a level 800 can hitlist level +400's. We may look at ramping up this range as a player levels.
    • level 300 can be reached somewhat quickly by a new dedicated player, getting repeatedly hitlisted by a +1000 level player is not a great introduction to the game and we suspect that it has turned off many players as mentioned above
    • costs were adjusted to follow closer to what they will experience in the free for all so that users can be better prepared for building up a stronger hitlist cost.

Feedback is always appreciated. We knew going into this one that it would be met with resistance, especially from the higher level players which is why we have gone as long as we have not making this change but with all the emails we get from players giving up as well as complaints around the fast ramping of the protection costs we decided to rip the band-aid off on this one and make a "big" change to get us to the change that is best for the game.

We are all ears on feedback and can always make changes, but wanted to be clear on the reasons why we are making this change and share the reasoning with the community.

This is an issue across all our games and not just ZS.

**** UPDATE: this change will be reverted to allow for more input from the community

2. MOJO1916

MOJO1916 Member

so the free for all

is a better option...thankS for the heads up...still cant see it on your game terms and conditions....that leveling will be detrRRRRRRRRRRRRemEntal to your game

kano prefres to have more free players not complaining ..........takes up 50% of their time
    but they have all the protection of an ABUSED paying customer

cos well they all stop playing when the get to level 300.....ODD THAT

We increased the level to coincide with content unlocked: Level 360 (China / about 70% content unlocked)

so why is it when i went to see could i list a level 360 no..460 NO ...560 NO
    YOU have to be kidding me

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  3. alka

alka Banned

Take take take, and change to suit suit suit.
    I want the exp back that I lost under the old system. Maybe if I keep complaining and taking up your time, you'll give in, cus you have given in to one bunch already!!!!!!!

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We adjusted it down to 360 based on feedback and to align better with existing content.

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

It isn't so much how many times a person is getting hitlisted that was the issue, it was how many times and by the level that person was at. Getting through level 300 and having to compete with someone at say level 1000 is not very cool.

As mentioned, we have reduced the lower level ramp up cost, so lower levels will likely have more activity on the list but will be hitlisted more by players in their own level and not someone triple their level.

6. alka

alka Banned

So you'll adjust my exp to come in line with all the lower level guys then?

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

I understand your frustration with change but your comment does not help move forward to find an acceptable medium.

If we were to never make changes / adjustments to the game we would not be able to continue to add new content.

Also, lets talk about what has changed.

- +60 levels has been added to protection to better coincide with locations / content
    - user protection costs will increase linearly and will be more in line with what can be expected once they get beyond level 360.

8. MOJO1916

MOJO1916 Member

hitlisted more by players in their own level and not someone triple their level.

can you just consider for one minute that THE very SAME level 300 can still if they got lucky could still get the kill off the hitlist......hardly an emotive to stay playing leveling if the loss associated is not felt...

should they trip a booby trap for instance
    they lose the exp.....of the slayer they are attempting to hitlist....might see them off for a bit

or how about ensuring they are not playing in negative experience ???
    they can neither list NOR catch a hitlist whilst playing in negative exp

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  9. alka

alka Banned

I still say remove the option for them to hl or booby trap a high level guy. It's simple to implement.
    And if my other comments were not helping, you now know how I feel about guys getting a free 60 level ride that I didn't get!

10. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

I dunno what else to say other than, I like it! ^_^ see you guys in 55 levels :-D

11. yes remove the option for bountying a high level player if your below the range

ill agree with you there

12. alka

alka Banned

I suppose 50% of the complaints came from your accountssssssssssss

13. Survival Streak 0

not a single complaint from me, the game was as well as ever before the change :)
    i just said i liked the change
    i certainly didnt call for it though :p

14. alka

alka Banned

Just hurry up and level. ya TROLL

15. Survival Streak 0

will do! it's getting boring down here anyhow :rolleyes:

16. im the beast

im the beast Member

this can be good everyone it will in time make a bigger fight list it would be nice if there were more players to fight , that have a chance to defend them self what the fun in killing and or fighting with someone who has no chance. now i will say if a level 300 or 100 wants to list u u should be able to atleast kill him/her back once. i know what im saying dont have much to do with the topic but the more people u /i have to fight the more u can level without uns.so in a way this can be a good thing

17. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

**** UPDATE: this change will be reverted to allow for more input from the community. So please continue the discussion with the topic at hand and air out all concerns with the suggested and give alternate options that you feel may work.

18. MamaMUAHAHA

MamaMUAHAHA Member

I agree.... is the hit from a lower level BELOW the threshold seen as an ATTACK...therefore the higher level targetted should be able to retaliate, and once killed the threshold reset...no more attacks allowed ??

No comment :p :p :p

I do feel that Zombies is being treated the same way as PC and VC.
    You are forgetting it's really easy to level over in the other apps.... in Zombies it is much harder... please try to remember this in your development meetings.

I am all in favour of the game evolving, as more people play and new problems arise, but handicapping the higher levels without compensation to us isn't fair.

How about giving us level specific unlocks...special weapons or properties...like Thomasina has suggested. There has to be some perks for being with you and supporting you from the start???

I buy the odd amount of UNs now and then, for fast property upgrades mainly... but I can't see me putting any more money into the game if we arn't given the same respect as you are showing to new users...

19. im the beast

im the beast Member

I do feel that Zombies is being treated the same way as PC and VC.
    You are forgetting it's really easy to level over in the other apps.... in Zombies it is much harder... please try to remember this in your development meetings.

i 100% agree with u mama, finally something we can agree on lol.i played vc back in the day only took like 100days to get to level 1,000 and stop playing when zs come out b/c it was so diff and so on. so please try not to change to much there is a reason so many like this game.

20. MOJO1916

MOJO1916 Member

Close

XXXXXXXXX is out of your experience range and cannot be placed on the hitlist

sorry you said it was reverted...then kindly do so