Daily reward

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Apekiller, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Apekiller

Apekiller Member

Last week I received energy as a daily reward, 6 out of 7 days. This new week also started with an energy boost.

Seems a bit odd, especially since there is a topic on the Pirate Clan forum about the same issue - http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?t=3461

Has anyone else received mostly or only energy as a daily reward? Because no offense, but receiving only this boost or mostly this boost pretty much sucks.

2. Vanadium Cobalt

Vanadium Cobalt New Member

I concur. I have been getting lots of energy for the past month now.

Regards,

Blackbolt.

3. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

I think Energy is fine. More Drops for me this way. I can slowly, but surely build my fortress Viking with the impenetrable defense this way. And I can build more Empire. 200+B profit is not enough, I need T's.

4. Apekiller

Apekiller Member

@Das liebe Beil: Perhaps I was misunderstood. The issue is not that it sucks getting lots of energy rewards, but that there was a significant drop in stamina rewards.

Just asking if it is some weird random factor affecting only me or a bug causing this on a larger scale.

5. Vanadium Cobalt

Vanadium Cobalt New Member

So far this week. Day 1 energy. Day 2 stamina. Day 3 energy. Day 4 energy. Day 5: 60% Boost to Energy.

6. Das liebe Beil

For every day there is a 50/50 chance to get Energy or Stam. If I was bored I could even calculate the odds of receiving stam rewards 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 days in a week.

0,78% 0 Stam = 1/128
    5,47% 1Stam = 7/128
    16,41% 2 Stam = 21/128
    27,34% 3 Stam = 35/128
    27,34% 4 Stam = 35/128
    16,41% 5 Stam = 21/128
    5,47% 6 Stam = 7/128
    0,78% 7 Stam = 1/128

Okay, I was a bit bored. Here are the odds for 0 to 7 stam for one week. If you have rewards in longer rows than 7, consider playing Lotto or gambling. *g*

7. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

It is a 50/50 you will get Energy/Stamina each day. There was a bug with this about a month ago that was forcing only Stamina boosts but that has long been fixed.

@Das - I like the stats table!

8. Apekiller

Apekiller Member

Well getting 6 out of 7 doesn't really count as 50/50 chances.

Now I have energy/stamina/energy - last week I only got stamina on the second day. Let's hope I'm not gonna get 4 more energy, because getting the exact same 6 out of 7 pattern as last week would mean there's a bug present.

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

You could flip a coin 100 times in a row an always hit Heads. The coin still has 2 sides with a 50/50 chance of hitting Heads/Tails and not be 'bugged'.

For the record I just collected Stamina as my Daily Reward in Viking Clan and Pirate Clan.

10. Apekiller

Apekiller Member

You could flip a coin 100 times in a row and always hit Heads, but it is extremely unlikely. There is a great difference.
    (also there may be something wrong with the coin -> changes are not 50/50 anymore)

While something may be possible to happen, it does not automatically mean it's also probable to happen.

As I said before, if the same daily rewards are given this second week in the same pattern, it's a bug. So far it's the same.

11. Apekiller

Apekiller Member

6 days in a row only energy so far. Odds are not 50%, I beg to differ.

12. umm I've only been getting stam lol.... maybe Kano just likes certain people??

13. ill take that stam lol

14. Apekiller

Apekiller Member

Knowing odds are 50% for each day doesn't help much when you get the same thing over and over.

Flipping a coin also has 50% odds for each try, but:

• flipping a coin 6 times in a row and getting heads all 6 times, the probability for it is less than 2% (1/64 since there are 64 possible combinations).
    • flipping a coin 7 times in a row and getting heads all 7 times, the probability for it is less than 1% (1/128 since there are 128 possible combinations).

So, yeah - since I got 6 energy in a row that means I got 1 out of 64 possible scenarios - doesn't seem very probable when you think about it, less than 2% chance of this occurrence.

I suggest making the chances of receiving 5-6-7 of the same thing on consecutive days even lower than it is now (and I suspect it might be higher than normal).
    Reason: for some it can be a real treat (all stamina) or a real annoyance (all energy) - therefore, chances for such occurrences should be very rare.

15. I say anytime somebody gets jackpot, energy or stam, they get 10 free Favor Points!!

but that's even less likely to happen than Apekiller's suggestion.

16. Das liebe Beil

You're looking at the odds of 1 person having such a streak. 1 of 128 players will have a clear streak stam, another clear energy. Now add in that there are thousands of players on 3 networks and suddenly you belong to a rather large pool and being a number 128 suddenly is much more likely.

Very improbable occurences that can happen to a large amount of people will happen more often, as the pool for potential candidates increases. Take getting struck by Lightning for example, for each single human it's rather unlikely, for humanity as a whole, Lightning's just waiting for the next thunderstorm to strike a person.

Same applies to the daily reward, being one of 128 players isn't as unlikely as it seems at first. And my suggestion still stands: streaks of longer than 7? Go and gamble in Las Vegas or Monte Carlo or Macau or Moscow.

17. Apekiller

Apekiller Member

Seriously, what the hell?

[​IMG]

18. that happened to me.

congrats you hit that 1:128 chance like i did.

i said it before ill say it again

with energy boosts its redundant to have energy as a daily reward

if theres going to be energy as both a boost and a reward then a stamina boost should become available to balance it out

19. Das liebe Beil

Give my pirate all those energy rewards. You can have my Stam Rewards.

20. Apekiller

Apekiller Member

Couldn't agree more, I had no stamina boost all week but I had 14 energy boosts.

And when you do get a stamina boost - it's half what the energy boost is, although we spend twice as many skill points for stamina.

The energy boosts from the daily reward should be removed, since we get a 100% daily energy boost anyway.