defense boosts

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by ATHEISTIC SATANIST, Apr 29, 2011.

1. theres a option to use up to 10 stam for a extra attack boost so why not something that gives a defense boost up to 37%?

not a counter/ambush but a 37% defense boost.

say it costs equal amount of stamina as it would if you boosted that same amount attacking.

lets say this boost is available as long as your stamina can maintain it.
    once your out of stam then that boost is gone.
    only time this boost would happen is if your attacked by someone with a boost

i know it needs some tweaking but would be great against those that feel the need to boost up and you dont really wanna counter them just show that if they didnt boost they would lose

2. how would you use that it would only work if you use at the same time as an attack think it would be a waste of space

3. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

No, you'd activate it and it would be ready and waiting. Then, when someone attacks with a boost (this ought to ignore the Elite Captains/Chieftains/etc attack/defense boost), it triggers. It could work similar to a counter attack, lying in wait until someone springs it.

4. Ace

Ace Member

Well, ambushes kinda do the job... It's fun to see people waste 10 stamina since they bounce off on bushes lmao

5. please reread my post on why im suggesting this

6. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Counters are for players who attack too much. Bounty traps are for players who bounty too much. Now, we have the option to spend extra stamina on each attack, in addition to the PASSIVE boosts granted by Elites (5% attack and 5% defense), but there is not a *counter* to this feature.
    What AS proposes is a good idea for that.

7. Ace

Ace Member

I read that, but seems like a pointless thing to do since the suggestion is a fancier but less effective ambush.

8. its when you dont want to counter but want to just cancel out the attack boost

9. casting necromancy on this thread

who else wants this

10. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I STILL say this is a good idea.

11. I'm sure I would use it if it were available.

12. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

They know that if they didn’t boost, they would lose. That is why they boost, because they know they will lose.

Honestly, I don't even care if I lose on a stamina boosted attack. I think it's hilarious to think that my opponent is there sliding that booster over and spending additional stamina just to try to beat me. Of course it's even more fun when they lose.

Until someone springs it? A stamina boosted attack is for a specific person, a vaccine boost has a time limit. This doesn't counter anything that is already in place. This is a general, non-target specific defense boost without a time limit for anyone who attacks you with a boost. I think an ambush is enough, that will counter any boosted attack.

13. Seth Mad Dog

Seth Mad Dog Member

Who's stupid enough to use stamina boost to attack? People just need to work on their stats if they are so worried about defense. I more than doubled mine, keeps all the bugs off. Raise health also to keep from dying from boosted attacks,something I need to do. I get tired of people looking for quick fixes and boosts when they just need to build their stats.:p

14. only downside I have to say about it, is if somebody like me starts tripping the defense boosts. in another game where boosts were used for defense, it was often my pleasure to run through an opponents entire stock of defense boosts. course some of these defense boosts cost game currency to obtain so i was draining their RL bank accounts while I was doing it.

I do the same with ambushes. sooner or later, somebody will run out of funds to ambush me with. I have no problem taking the losses.

One frequent target likes to use some automation to continually re-ambush me. still 300 ambushes in 1 day has to put a pretty big dent in their hoard LOL

15. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Well, a defense boost sounds nice.

I'd also vote for a free 5% defense boost for a limited time. Shieldmaiden's Help or so, which gives your defense a boost of 5% for some minutes. Ideal to annoy the players that need to boost to 10% to win against you.

16. malific

malific Member

Trust me, lots of people waste their stam points on my slayer. I get attacked with 30-35% boosts quite often (in ZS, the other games usually don´t go that high). I don´t mind, if they need to win so badly let them be, I can always ambush and make them feel they wasted it all if I wanted to. And even so some of them lose anyway.

Das liebe beil's suggestion would pretty much solve the problem to me, but it makes me wonder why attack boosts were introduced in first place, when everyone´s wanting to get rid of them by using defense boosts. I´d say leave it the way it is now, if somebody needs to use their whole pack of stamina just for some wins on you, let them be. If your character´s properly built you should win back against them anyway.

17. What I would do if this suggestion went into effect.....and thus a very real downside to the free counter...is that I would drain the tyndall out of my enemies stamina.

Example:
    I attack a wiener and win.
    A wiener gets mad about losing and wants to be a winner
    The wiener sets a passive slider on max defense boost
    I attack a wiener and lose, I notice that he has a 10 stam defense boost
    I decide to be a huge pain in the tyndall and attack the wiener till his stam runs out. and since no one in the game is going to have ten times the stamina I have. (You would have to be over level 10,000 and spend almost every single skill point on stamina, yeah not likely anytime soon.)
    End result wiener runs out of stamina and becomes very mad
    My clan gets a laugh

18. Andrew K

Andrew K New Member

An option to attack with force 10 has been in affect for some time now. Defensive players have only one option and that is ambushing opponents with extremely high costs! There should be same option as an a high attack player has. Pick your opponent and use 10 stamina force and defend at 37% The Devs have to make every application fair to all not just high attack players.

I also play many other applications similar as LCN but only one that I play doesn't have force attack due to this matter. I agree games are not 100% fair. Having a group gang bang you just because a player can beat em all isnt fair but its not something that a Dev can do something about. We are asking for an option equal to an attack boost.

19. Bobby Horr

Bobby Horr New Member

Yeah i really like the idea i wanted to start a thread but use the search engine first
    And it get my two thumbs up :)
    thats a graet idea its just sad that we got no answer......

20. RAGM

RAGM Member

agreed not the best idea. ambushes ill have to stick with