March 15th Developer Update - Inner Circle Earnings moved

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Inner Circle Earnings have been removed from the Home page and added to the Chieftain Alerts. [​IMG]

If you have Earnings to collect you will see this at the top of your Chieftain Alerts.
    [​IMG]

Clicking on the 'Earnings' tab will show you a short list of your current Top 10 Earners as well as your Achievement progress for Inner Circle Earnings.

This change was made to further optimize/clean-up the Home page. However you can still collect your Earnings via the 'Inner Circle' menu as you always have been able to. If you have any feedback please let us know!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  2. jocularatrix

jocularatrix New Member

Sorry to see the Earnings list limited to Top Ten Earners. This perpetuates the strong chiefly helping their strongest helpers. I'm in over 70 Inner Circles, and I used the old list to send gifts to the bottom earners, those I do not have in my Inner Circle. Usually these are players who recieve gifts higher in stats than anything they can buy, and it encourages them (so their thank you emails tell me) to keep striving and playing. Unless I see their activity in the news feed, I can't easily find these players struggling to learn and stay in the game. Not all improvements improve the game or fairness.

3. it goes higher than 10............i coulda sworn it did

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Maybe we could have a full list view?

I do agree that seeing all those that have added you to their inner circle could be a useful view but it was not scalable under the old method, we had found that there were some people with +500 people who added them to their inner circle which was creating some havoc for our systems.

Any suggestions on where you would like to see a full list of inner circle members outside of the light alerts view which is intended for those that want to quickly collect and give back to those that contributed the most?

Also, what info would you want to see and how would you use it?

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thank you for the feedback. It appears we under estimated how the old system was being used. How about this for a proposed solution?

From the Chieftains->Inner Circle page we add a new tab to the Chieftains list that would only show those people who have you included in their Inner Circle. This would allow you to sort this list based on their last activity and level as well as provide you the ability to send Gifts, Boosts and Messages without having to go to their profile. This is an entirely doable scenario that should hopefully restore your ability easily engage all of those who have you in their Inner Circle.

Please let us know what you think.

6. Apekiller

Apekiller Member

I have to say I find it a bit pestering seeing new alerts all the time only to see they're about chieftain earnings...

7. PURAKMATO

PURAKMATO Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I totally agree

8. Apekiller

Apekiller Member

A small update - after just a few days I don't find it to be "pestering" anymore. Now it's VERY annoying seeing the red icon, sometimes it's just after a few minutes.

"OMG new alert - more chieftain earnings". *sigh*

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  9. love it
    can see players myspace name and picture .. more easy recognize when they send invite ..

also is better organised on energy boosts and earnings from Inner Circle members :)