what to do with my money??

Discussion in 'New Player Area' started by sln88, Jul 12, 2010.

1. sln88

sln88 Member

Once you hit the point where there are no new warriors/weapons(well, its not worth it to me to buy the legendary ones), and I have 100+ of each building, what do I do with my cash? Keep buying buildings? They get to be so expensive the more you buy, so I am not sure if it is worth the income I get from them. I don't bounty(guess I am a nice viking), so, what do you guys do?

also, do you have a favorite adventure you do when you have completed them all?

2. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

What level are you at?

3. sln88

sln88 Member

i am at level 936

4. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

If you're not going to buy the legendary items or invest in more property just deposit in your hoard for when you do decide to bounty for yourself or helping out other clan members in the future. You never know when new additions will be added i.e. locations, warriors & weapons..

5. Dealanach

Dealanach New Member

Being the type of person who always has a calculator handy, I noticed that buildings will have the same cost:return at over 100 buildings that others will have at only 30 buildings. If you divide the cost to purchase by the income amount you'll see the number of hours required to break even on the purchase. The building that has the lowest number is the best value and is what I'd suggest purchasing next.

It is a good idea to keep some cash in your hoard for exactly the reasons Vamp mentioned, but buying more properties will be more profitable in the long run. And by long run I'm really just talking about next month ;)

6. rrrof711

rrrof711 Member

blacksmithing

I know this is an old thread. but i like the idea of sinking tons of money into blacksmithing. you can increase your clans power/toughness by using your old items to make better items and just use your money to do something interesting and make some cool items for giggles1

7. Obviously the answer to when you have more money than you know what to do with is to bounty one specific player over and over again, I can't give away specific names but it begins with mr...

8. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

Hmm...?? and who would that be?

9. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I have an Excel spreadsheet for Viking AND Pirate Clan Empire/Rule buildings. It calculates how much Income I will get per 1 gold. Then I buy 10 of whatever is the best deal, update the spreadsheet and repeat!

10. clue #2, the person in question's name ends with tyndall

11. Now thats bloody sad!!!!! - The more empire you have the bigger your bounty $$ - If the current location is too expensive-buy cheaper property in multiples of 10 where possible in earlier locations. No calculator ness - just common sense & logic!!!!

12. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Actually this is pretty smart, as you increase your real-time profit through this. I'm currently in the process of writing such a sheet myself, mostly to amuse myself.

You may not see it, but with this sheet Skyler (and I with mine) can determine where the cost to profit Ratio of a building is best and then build accordingly. Giving us a slight increase in real profit. And if you keep it working, you can increase your profit faster than your peers, who build by common sense. Because with such a sheet you find the buildings that will bring you more profit for your invested coins.

This is accounting. And it is part of my job to do such a thing. And I seriously love playing with numbers.

Oh, and Thrand, the aforementioned mr is still playing dead. Will have to find someone who has him in clan to ask if the mr was active, other than being listed by me.

13. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I finally figured out how to use my older version of Excel instead of the fancy-schmancy 2010 version that is the default.
    I just love messing with Excel. I think I posted screenshots of how I set up my spreadsheet sometime this week...

EDIT: http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?p=21401#post21401
    At the bottom.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  14. Das liebe Beil

I wrote a rather large databank, it gives me the amortizing rates of a building, telling me exactly how often I have to collect income from a particular building until I got my invested coins back. I also wrote a calc scheme to calculate how many coins I invested in a building already and how long it takes/took to get them back.

Messing with numbers is fun.

I think I will create a copy of it to use for a quick calc of Empire for friends. And a second copy for Pirate Clan.

Skyler, we will be the vikings with the best-built Empire, because we invest after rational calculation and not after feeling.

15. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Dang, that's more than I did. I have the building names for each location, the gold per unit income, and the amount the property cost will increase after buying 10.
    If you buy 10 buildings (where the cost of 1 building when you had 0 of that building was "x") then the cost for a single building will be the previous cost + "x".

16. Das liebe Beil

Well, I have
    - the locations + buildings
    - generated Income per Building
    - number of Buildings (useful for quick overview)
    - current price calculator (tied to number of buildings)
    - starting price of each building
    - current price for the next building
    - a second field with number of buildings (For experiments, first row of number of buildings displays current Empire, this row is intended for the new Empire)
    - invested coins calculator
    - return time of the coins, in other words, how many rounds of generating income it takes to get your investment back
    - amortizing calculator for all income classes
    - daily income calculator for all character classes

And of course I can calculate my income, factor in the upkeep and I have my profit.

Yes, I do realize that writing something like this in 2 days amounts to "1f U c4n d0 th1s U r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d" but, who cares. lol

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  17. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

XD
    :D
    roflmao

I am reminded of Yugioh Abridged. "That Kaiba really needs to get laid..."

But I humbly bow to your supreme geekiness.

18. Das liebe Beil

Bow to the King of Geeks. Even though I am a horrible slacker and actually the total antithesis to the typical geek, I still can do such feats. Hell yes, I'm awesome. :D

It is rather strange, no one of our graduation class was a typical geek. We went partying and were often enough so drunk that we didn't know how to get home any more, and still, most of us (at least the males) should be able to create such a thing. Guess that makes us cool geeks. lol.

Germans. Being able to create calculations while drinking ungodly amounts of beer. And yes, I'm rather wasted at the moment. Cigarettes, caffeine, sugar, alcohol, extreme lack of sleep and still it worked.

19. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Germans and Scots/Irish. The French don't count - they drink wine, not beer.

20. Relaxz

Relaxz New Member

I think that tem co-op boss will better than legendary :)