February 16th Developer Update - Chieftain Alerts

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

A new feature has been released today that groups together both your pending Invites and Gifts into one location. The Chieftain Alerts icon can be found in the Alerts bar in the upper right of the screen which indicates how many NEW alerts you have to accept. [​IMG]

Click the icon to bring up a modal which will present you with 3 tabs. 'All' will display all of your pending Invites in list that can be accepted one at a time.
    [​IMG]
    Note: Facebook users still need to accept gifts via the Facebook Request page as reflected in the screenshot above.

The 'Invites' and 'Gifts' tabs will only display requests of those nature and allow you to accept all pending Invites or Gifts with one click via these buttons.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Note: Invites can still be handled the classic way via the Chieftains -> Invite tab, and Gifts are always accessible via Chieftains -> Gifts.

Please let us know what you think of this new feature, your feedback is appreciated.

2. Eddie

Eddie Member

nice!

can we also get the ability to deny gifts?

3. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I can no longer accept gifts that way. Chieftains, yes.
    I HAD been able to for a short time, but not now. Same with Pirate Clan.
    EDIT: PC works now.
    EDIT: PC is broken again. Why can't I accept gifts through the alert system?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  4. Jme

Jme Member

Did this update, or the routine maintenance the other night also do anything with the Special Items page? All of my items there have been shuffled around.

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Are you unable to accept gifts individually or are you unable to accept all at once? I was just testing on Facebook and I am able to accept gifts via the Captain Alerts. I can only assume that due to a slow connection that the responses are not being sent/received.

Can you explain a little more as to where it is failing or perhaps send some screenshots?

Cheers

6. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I can not accept any. Give me a bit and I'll get varied screenshots.

EDIT:
    My computer is running quite quickly at the moment. Also, everything else pops up almost immediately.
    Screenshots attached with player names and some of my stats deleted.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  7. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

And here are the results from Pirate Clan.

Attached Files:

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thank you for the detailed screenshots.

You will have to forgive me but because you mentioned Pirate Clan I completely forgot this is the Viking Clan thread. Viking Clan currently does not have the ability to accept gifts within the game, hence the reason you are getting the message asking you to check your Facebook Requests page. This is likely to change but as it stands you cannot accept Gifts inside of Viking Clan.

Sorry for the confusion, but does this address your question? Are you able to accept Gifts inside Pirate Clan based on the screenshots from that game?

9. why is facebook so complicated for?much easier on myspace and hi5 to accept gifts and invites.

10. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Yeah, it addresses my question. However, I cannot always accept gifts through Pirate Clan. When I cannot, it looks like it does for Viking Clan; alerting me that I have gifts, but with no "Accept" button. And then it turns out I DO indeed have gifts in Pirate Clan.