December 17th Developer Update - Odin's Rune Challenge

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

A brand new style of Challenge has been released to Niflheim and Muspell in Viking Clan today called Odin's Rune Challenge. The rules of the game are simple, based on the Dealer's card decide if your card will be Higher or Lower. You also decide how many Chips you wish to wager (1, 2 or 4 Chips) before the Dealer is given their card which affects the type of payout you will receive.

• Wager: Use the slider to choose how much you wish to wager on your current hand.
    • Decide: Make the choice if you think your card will be Higher or Lower than the dealer's.
    • Result: If you choose correctly you will Win a Payout, if you Draw with the dealer you will receive your wager back and if you Lose you will receive nothing.
    • Clear Bonus: Win the required number of hands to complete this game within the time limit. Note that a your wager has no effect on 'Hands Won'. ie: a win with a 4 chip wager still only counts as 1 hand won.

Head to Niflheim or Muspell to start this game and as always we appreciate your feedback about this new feature.

Attached Files:

2. Red

Red Member

Death deal feedback

Finally some new challenges i thought before playing this... well, i would say winning 83 hands is a bit to much, it just is, maybe 70 would be better, still, i would play even 90 hands for a really decent weapon !

I reeally loved the artwork for the reward, i like the icy and fire stuff ... but it sucks i haven´t seem the ice ones but 50 attack for the fire sword ? that´s just not worth the trouble...

what am i gonna do with the fire weapons set ? only for the collection maybe. i´m not gonna equip it it sucks it became usseles 5 cities ago, it also doesn´t help that much my army i win the same by fighting the flame dragons

i think you guys should reward us with a strong set by playing 3 days this challenge , otherwise i dont even bother doing it, a 75 attack in that flame sword would made me equip it and i would feel rewarded, and happy

well i´ve talked your ear off, that is my feedback =)

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Odin's Rune Challenge has just received an update that will address some of the concerns that many of you have had with this feature.

The number of hands you must successfully complete to finish the game has been reduced by HALF!

To maintain a balance for those that have been playing these since they launched the following changes have also occurred:
    • All win payout XP and Cash values have been doubled (not including the Clear Bonus)
    • Chips now reload at 1 per hour (instead of 30mins)
    • The maximum # of chips that you can hold is now 12 (instead of 24)
    • You start the game with 6 Chips (instead of 10)
    For players who have an existing Odin's Rune Challenge running this change will have no negative affect on your game and will actually reduce the # of hands required to win on the fly. If you happen to have more than 100% of the required wins (ie: 30 of 25 Wins) you will be awarded the clear bonus as soon as you start your next hand.

We appreciate your comments so please let us know what you think of these changes to the Odin's Rune Challenge.

4. Sie

Sie Member

and you messed up the odds now its ridicilous

5. Apekiller

Apekiller Member

Now it takes 2 days to complete the card game (with 24 hands) cos at least half the hands are lost. Not sure if there is enough time for the 42 hands one with these stupid odds.

I keep losing with 3 and 4 or Queen/King and getting draws on sure things(2, 3, King, Ace). It is indeed ridiculous, I have to agree with Sie above.

Edit: In case I wasn't clear enough, the card game is now extremely annoying.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  6. rrrof711

rrrof711 Member

chances

it seems like the chance of losing go up the more you wager. i do seem to notice that it is fairly likely to get a loss when betting 4 chips especially on 3 and kings.

7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Nothing has changed with the odds for this game at all. Further there is no reduction in your chance of winning the more you bet. It is human nature to remember when the odds treat you negatively and I suggest that is what you and others are experiencing. Here are the odds I worked out in another forum post from a while back.
    I know it is probably not what you want to hear, but sometimes that is the 'luck of the draw'. But really luck has nothing to do with it, it is just chance/probability.

8. Apekiller

Apekiller Member

Well something obviously changed about the odds because they're now ridiculous. It's not that we "remember when the odds treat us negatively", what we remember is that they treat us negatively considerably more often than before.

jack/queen/king -> LOSE with ace, multiple times
    3/4/5 -> LOSE with a 2, multiple times

From what I have noticed - half of the total hands, sometimes more than half and sometimes less - are now lost making safe smart bets.

This did not happen before.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  9. Volnor

Volnor New Member

What is the order of runes (the highter to the lower)?

10. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

I don't know about your bad luck, but I win over 90 percent of my hands. It's rather seldom that I lose, several challenges on FB were done in 5 hours. 6 starting Chips, 12 help chips, 5 refilled chips for 22 hands. Nice odds, wouldn't you agree?

11. Apekiller

Apekiller Member

For some time I have stopped seeing the loss rate at just 10% as you say.

Played the 42 hands challenge now and lost over 25% of chips - I think I was lucky this time. :p
    Let's hope the luck stays with me.

12. sln88

sln88 Member

I HATE this part of the game. There are just too many of them. 15 for each level? 42 hands. Blech. Needs to be reevaluated and replaced with anything else