Last Game Update.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by elrusso08, Oct 21, 2019.

1. elrusso08

elrusso08 Member

Hello.

1-) The change is that if you have the maximum number of Ambushes set against another player (this varies from game to game, but for this example let's say 10) and you continue to try and set Ambushes over that maximum amount then the cost to place those Ambushes will ramp up considerably.

2-) Couple things to note here, you can have mutlitple Ambushes set against many other players at once and not worry about hitting this cost ramp. This only applies to trying to set multiple ambushes on top of the max against one player at a time. Also, it takes a number of attempts in order for this cost ramp to set in, so if you click Ambush a few times then you won't see any noticeable difference.

What is the purpose of this new change?
    Making these changes also means that the formula related to bounties, hitlist etc. should be increased to balance the formula.
    I only see this NEW functionality necessary in extreme cases where an aggressive player who likes to eat counters appears.

(To set counters we need 2 Stamina in VC and COINS)

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I think you might have understood this backwards; this change is for setting the Counter Attacks, not when you touch them off. So it's not about "eating" them, but about setting them in excess against another players when you already have your maximum set.

elrusso08 likes this.
  3. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

what update is this? I can't seem to find it on forum

4. Survival Streak 0

Ok found it...on the kanoplay blog lol

Does the costs of setting multiple only go up in cash/gold/coins? or does the stamina required to set one go up also?

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Just cash.

6. Survival Streak 0

ah ok...no deterrent was intended then I guess :p

7. Irnbru

Irnbru Member

mitch can you explain better? i dont get above maximum. max is 10 you cant set 11

8. Survival Streak 0

Basically it costs more coin/gold/cash/doubloons or whatever your chosen app uses to set multiple counter attacks, you can still stack 'em but it just might cost a little more. I was kinda hoping it'd cost more stamina as cash is kind of worthless in my chosen app zs.

*i fixed the link in my quote :p the support link on blog post takes you back to blog homepage*

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Max you can have set at one time is 10, but you can keep clicking the counter attack button even though you're at the max. That's where the cost increase comes in, so the next time you have a counter available to set, it will be at that increased cost.

10. Irnbru

Irnbru Member

so set no more than 9 and no increase? just up the price from counter attack 1 or make it 3 stam. counters are an abused mechanic.

11. Survival Streak 0

I just set 75 on someone, just to check...didn't see any dramatic price increase *shrug*

first cost $20.5 bil 75th was $1.5 tril

it increased by 20.5bil each time

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That's because the limit in PC and ZS is 75. LCN and VC are 10.

13. Survival Streak 0

VC limit is 33 according to this page
    upload_2019-10-22_22-16-55.png

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

You start with 100 available counters in every game. Every 15 levels you lose 1 counter until you hit the minimum for said game.

15. Survival Streak 0

Hm, I've totally missed the point in the "update" then. I assumed that it would make it more expensive to stack counters on a single person. But as the price increase is exactly the same from first to last...it doesn't get anymore expensive, just increases at a normal rate.

16. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

From another player:

"Catch xxxxx off-guard between multiple attacks with a surprise counter attack. Setup one or more counter attacks to foil xxxxx's weak attack strategies. It will cost you 66,394,215,985,883,446,771,712 coins and 2 stamina"

This is whacky.

There was nothing wrong with the old system. You had your max counters. You used them or not. And need them when someone attacks down level. This change will drive players from the game if they cannot defend themselves.

elrusso08 likes this.
  17. elrusso08

elrusso08 Member

Agree with you @Kel the Merciful King I honestly think that they should never have touched this code which works with the COUNTERS module. I agree 100% with what you say, moreover, they will lose economic resources because investors do not like failures.

18. Irnbru

Irnbru Member

counters are over-powered and and an abused mechanic. there was alot wrong with the old system. now people will have to actually battle instead of countering! and you two do not speak for the v.c community so quit saying users will leave in droves, this is a great change and a long time coming, quite frankly they shoulda made it 3 stam to place a counter.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  19. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I agree "we" don't speak for the entire VC community nor do you. I worked hard with other game leaders and the broader community to "fix" the counters a bunch of times. The counters worked fine, logically, and fairly for everyone before this change. "We" have dealt with this before (sigh) and now again. There is no cap which is bizarre.

20. Irnbru

Irnbru Member

anThis change will drive players from the game - you speaking for the community? i'm not. the counters DID NOT WORK FINE!!!!
    a 10k should not bounty a 50k and have no repercussion because he can sit behind 4500 counters-ridiculous. a 40k having a 100 point defence allocation because he can sit behind counters, thus saving 100s of thousands of skill points is ridiculous. times have changed there is ALOT more coins in the game than there was. About time the price went up. counters were a a joke and now they are still viable while not abusable which is how they should be.