[LCN] Quests

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by FancyPants, Sep 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

KANO

1) It's incredibly frustrating not having a thread for Quests.

2) Our first and second level quests are STAMINA HEAVY.
    * L1 - Hitlist 50 mobsters = stamina
    * L2 - Win 7,000 fights = stamina
    * L2 - Fight Bosses 200,000 times = stamina

Why isn't it a mix of energy and stamina requirements???

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thats a good point FancyPants. There is randomness to which quests you get and your Syndicate got all Stamina requirements as you noted.. I will bring this up to the team to see if we can guarantee some variety so it is not all Stamina or all Energy.

FancyPants likes this.
  3. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

200,000 stam is about 8000 stam per player required (at full 25 player cohort). I noticed it was pretty heavy, but doable in about a day. 7000 fights is only 280 stam per player, that really is not stamina heavy. A mix would be nice at times but you also have to factor in there are a lot more things you can do with stamina than energy. Stam is used for fights, bosses and hitlists. Energy is only used in jobs (and sort of in rigging ignitions but that stamina as well).

I think the lack of an official quests feedback thread like syndicate wars would be beneficial. The July 18-22 Changelog is the closest to that at current but I think the forum would benefit from that being closed and a separate feedback thread being written up with the Quests brief as current and a quick FAQ listed within i.e This is quests, what the potential quests will look like and how they are assigned. Although off topic, I think quests are great. Not perfect, but a solid addition nonetheless.

Smack likes this.
  4. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

That's WIN 7,000 fights your Syn initiates, not just engage in fights so depending on your fight list, skill point attribution, and loot, it can be much more than 7K stamina.

5. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

It was more balanced this time around - thanks.

And the loot items have been improved - thank you for that.

The Favor Point drops - worst ever for me. How is this figured out?

And what's the update on getting a Syndicate contribution tracker like we have for Syndicate Wars?

Thanks.

Hobo likes this.
  6. Hobo

Hobo Member

I agree. The loot items have improved. Had not so good luck with favor points on the other hand. Just 5 fps in both med cases and 5 favor points in both hard cases.

7. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

I am aware that not only is it wins but also what it takes to win a fight. So maybe you're missing the point. Let me say it a different way...

The point I'm making is that with proper planning the fight wins quest is a cinch. It's quite easy to unmob with friends of similar or lesser strength and just do some levelling to finish the quest. With the fight limit for one player being 5k, a pair of players could do that whole quest easy. The more recent 18k hard quest might even take 2 players 2 days :eek: (that is feigned shock if that wasn't already abundantly clear).

The complementary point being made is the actual resource allocation for the fight quests is an order of magnitude lower. Hell even if we said you only had a 25% win/loss ratio (1k wins to 3k losses). It would still only take 28,000 fights to get your 7000 wins. That's 10 times, yes a whole order of magnitude LESS than the stam required for the 200k Boss quest. Also, with this horrendous fight ratio you'd still only need 1120 stamina per player to complete the quest. I don't think that's exactly a massive investment even for relatively low level accounts on servers like Kongregate and Armor.

Capiche?

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I think this has been mentioned previously, but it's a random chance at a variety of FP payouts per case, with harder difficulty cases having potentially better payouts. We're maybe looking at normalizing the FP payouts from the various cases, though.

The tracker is in the queue, but I'll see if I can get some movement around it.

FancyPants and Smack like this.
  9. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I capiche that you're adroit in mansplaining but your original example was flawed. You said 280 stamina per player is all it took which assumed 100% fight wins. Now you ramble on for 3 more paragraphs.

My point to Kano was to mix it up in the levels so syndicates didn't wind up with 2 stamina based ones at the same level. Before you hurt yourself trying to "explain" to me that this could still happen if a syndicate has a med and a hard level open at the same time, I get it.

I also get how doable it is or isn't depending on how full a syndicate is and who the members are.

But thanks for busting out the chalk.

10. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Thanks Mitch. i think 5 FPs for a hard case is way too low. Even 10 FPs feels low.

Reesy901 and Ghostie like this.