[VC] on the hour, every hour

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by John GTG 1966, Jun 17, 2019.

1. John GTG 1966

John GTG 1966 New Member

whats going on with reloading to the home page on the hour, every hour?

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Is this still happening for you? I think there was a temporary issue on Facebook's end of things. Please let us know if you are still experiencing a refresh every hour.

3. Jayne D

Jayne D New Member

I wish it was on the hour, it is happening to me on every other click.

4. John GTG 1966

John GTG 1966 New Member

yes it is still happening. very annoying

5. John GTG 1966

John GTG 1966 New Member

i feel for you Jayne

6. John GTG 1966

John GTG 1966 New Member

7. John GTG 1966

John GTG 1966 New Member

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks for your updates @John GTG 1966 & @Jayne D. We will continue to explore a fix. If the refreshing stops for either of you please let us know.

9. John GTG 1966

John GTG 1966 New Member

still happening

10. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

I've had no problems

11. John GTG 1966

John GTG 1966 New Member

yes it is still happening

12. John GTG 1966

John GTG 1966 New Member

still happening

13. John GTG 1966

John GTG 1966 New Member

very annoying

14. John GTG 1966

John GTG 1966 New Member

still happening

15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I am really sorry that you are still experiencing this. It doesn't seem to be a widespread problem but clearly your game is impacted.

Question for you, where are you playing your game from? facebook.com, kanoplay.com, mobile app?

Please let me know which of those you play and which are affected. It may be worth logging into Facebook and deleting the Viking Clan app from your profile and then re-installing to see if this fixes your issue. But before that please make a note of your user_id just in case something happens on re-install. If you end up getting a new account we can sort you out.

Steps to uninstall
    1. login to facebook on a desktop
    2. Top right is a little downward facing triangle, click that and select Settings
    3. click on Apps and Websites
    4. find Viking Clan, click the checkbox, click Remove
    Once you have done that go back to https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/ and re-install the app.

If for some reason you don't get your usual account back please PM me. In fact please PM me your profile link before you do this so I can take a peek for anything in our error logs.

16. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Sounds like facebook session timeout, always happens every hour or so when playing any game on server 1. I used to get it even when i had my facebook disabled and played only on kanoplay/

17. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

It is certainly "normal" for it to timeout and refresh everyone once in a while but it shouldn't happen every hour. That is way too frequent.

18. Jayne D

Jayne D New Member

Still happening. I play on kanoplay only. I will try deleting & Re- installing after I finished the calendar.

Attached Files:

Smack likes this.
  19. John GTG 1966

John GTG 1966 New Member

hi and thanks for reply,
    hello again thanks for reply. i am worried to uninstall then reinstall VC, what if i lose my account and have to start from scratch? im also not sure how i can PM you. cheers

20. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

To PM me, click on my name beside this message and then click on Start Conversation.

Send me your profile link and if for some reason it gives you a new account we will be able to fix this and restore you to the account you are currently playing.