[LCN] Mother's Day Raid Shop Update - Day 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

Wanted to check in here with some further details about the Raid Shop situation.

To break it down, we offered a 1 Raid Token item in this past Raid Shop. Like March’s Raid Shop, this 1 Token item was designed so you had something to use your remaining Tokens on as those expire when the event is over. This was meant to get rid of leftover Raid Tokens, and was not intended to be used for anything else.

The problem here was the Pawn Shop, which was designed with high level players with max Mob in mind to refund items they purchased with Favor Points they were no longer using for a small price.

During the set up for this event, game design accidentally picked an item with an associated Favor Point cost as the 1 Token item, which made it eligible for players who met the criteria to trade it into the Pawn Shop. As the Pawn Shop was meant for one or two trade ins every once and awhile, this created a loop of trading in a 1 Raid Token item for Favor Points, which was definitely not supposed to be the case.

That said, we understand why players who discovered this loop would want to take advantage of it, and we understand the frustrations that have emanated from how we have handled it.

Because of the small segment of the population that can utilize the Pawn Shop, only about 400 players were able to utilize this unintended loop, but those players managed to accrue about 1,000,000 Favor Points in a short time frame before we closed that off.

This obviously is not a small number of Favor Points, but it is going to a relatively small number of players, which could have destabilizing effects which is why we did what we did, reacting quickly to remove any FP from the accounts that were affected.

While we did move hastily, we felt that quick action was the best course here, and we understand the frustration that players must have felt when they saw a balance of 0 Favor Points on their account. We regret how this affected players, but please understand that we could not leave that many Favor Points sitting in the game for any longer than necessary.

Now that the immediate crisis is over, we’re moving on to our next steps. We’ll be getting in touch with players individually to talk about what we are doing to re-balance their accounts, and any Favor Points gained legitimately through purchasing will be restored where applicable.

We apologize for the past day or so and realize that it has been a tough time for everybody, especially our players. We have been through similar situations in the past, and although our solution wasn’t perfect, it was the result of 10 years of experience running live games. These things do happen, but we try to minimize the impact and keep things going as smoothly as possible. When things do turn upside-down, we have to act fast to preserve game balance.

2. Numptywaller

Numptywaller Member

It was not a case of "taking advantage". The offer was there and accepted. Stop making it sound like the players were to blame. It wasn't one raid token at a time. It was incremental and the game gave the option to save up and do a few at a time.

Attached Files:

ReeferC, susan leonard, SoT and 7 others like this.
  3. Ghostie

Ghostie Member

Yep, quite clear. Wish I'd seen it.

Archmetal, bowberson and williamw125 like this.
  4. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

keep dreaming kano this is the way u end this game for goood, u shouold not have touched anything

5. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

how u expect we pay now? how?

SoT, Marshal O.P. Rockwell and iggy like this.
  6. martin stubbs

martin stubbs New Member

you gave me back my 9 raid tokens what am I meant to buy with these.Its a Joke!!!!

7. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

I simply love this comment:
    So if 400 players buy 1m fp it wont destabilize, but getting them will. Where is the logic in this...

8. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

a small segment..... THE small segment that paid for years to play here, you mean ? the small segment that hung in with you, trusted you, and paid to play..? the same small segment who were told that a & d mattered, and many of us counted on those skillz to assist us in the game...? the same small segment that got hurt when KANO decided to roll back our strengths with the promise of return, that never occurred...? you mean THOSE players.....???????????? you mean those same players that discovered that while playing a game sanctioned mini game of raids that if they bought an item, they could have some game pts returned to them, if they FOLLOWED kano rules and sold that said item back...? that same item previously sanctioned by the game developers of an item they deemed refundable....?

did i miss something.....???

ReeferC, iggy, SoT and 6 others like this.
  9. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

the cologne is there so we can buy 1 token items at end to use our tokens lol
    why put an item there high levels cant use and have right to sell then also tell us what we should buy with our left over tokens
    your thinking up reasons to justify your actions & making excuses there come on, are you going to put in the rules you can only now use your 1 tokens left over to buy some rubbish item that some don't use and cant sell ? then you shut the shop so no one can sell off there unwanted items which was ok before
    you made an error you admit dont blame players who saw an opportunity to earn FPS
    i cant see how you can just rob people of there FPs you should just suck it up its a business mistake is all

Pezinator, iggy, SoT and 4 others like this.
  10. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

KANO u cant win this !!!!

iggy, SoT and Marshal O.P. Rockwell like this.
  11. Marcos Cruz

Marcos Cruz New Member

As far as I understand it, the pawn shop is there for players to sell back items that they can no longer use, which have been PURCHASED with FPs. These colognes were not purchased with FPs, so alarm bells should have been ringing when people could trade in a 1 raid token item and get 5 FPs in return. I mean really, how could anyone not figure out that something wasn't kosher with this "deal"?

Not sure why those who have had all their FPs removed are still griping about getting those they paid for returned - the post above says they are working on getting legitimately bought FPs returned.

What is really not on is that all of those that bought master crates and loot with their "windfall" FPs actually get to keep that stuff...totally unfair to those not affected by this exploit, glitch, error

12. williamw125

williamw125 Member

exactly, own it and take it like any other company would that made a mistake.

Michael Wheet and Lala Lisa4u2 like this.
  13. Ghostie

Ghostie Member

Remember when attack and defence meant something? Then Kano changed the PvP for an hour, and all the new spenders got hammered, so they moved the goalposts again. LMAO.

14. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

Yes - don't forget the "gifts" kano gave to the former Mafia Wars people - that was another kick in the @ss to us old timers.

15. Mouseketeer

Mouseketeer New Member

It was YOUR error and you punish players? I wasn't affected by this but I feel it is wrong. My analogy. Last summer Walmart had a pricing error in their computer. Every time I went to Walmart, I stocked up on that item for $1.00 each, normally $3.98. When they discovered their error, they did not charge me the differencer for THEIR error, nor did they come and take the product from me. So I ask, why does Kano feel it is right to take away from what people thought was an awesome deal? Why could you not have that many FP's in the game?? Are you afraid those players won't spend their real money to buy FP's? Well guess, what??? They won't now for sure. (off my soapbox)

16. Archmetal

Archmetal New Member

My exact thoughts as well.

iggy, SoT, Lala Lisa4u2 and 2 others like this.
  17. Ghostie

Ghostie Member

There's a Blitz on to distract you....:D

The Navigator likes this.
  18. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

Is it "unfair" that some spend more than others and gain an advantage as well?
    There are people 5000 levels plus below me that I can't beat.
    Should kano impose a max fp's per month that a client can have and/or max items we can buy?

ReeferC, SoT, williamw125 and 2 others like this.
  19. Marshal O.P. Rockwell

Marshal O.P. Rockwell Active Member

Excellent points, Robbin! The players who supported the game for 7 years were suddenly deemed to be 2nd class members of the LCN community.

Mouseketeer, SoT, williamw125 and 3 others like this.
  20. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

i ordered a small table from wayfare..... about 4 months ago. i received that table, no complaints. 3 days later, another table arrived, same table, and i'd not asked for it. i called customer service, told them i got 2 for 1, and asked how to return the second table to them. they said... ' thank you for your honesty, but it will cost more to return it, so just keep it, no charge, it was OUR ERROR'. i never got charged, and i will never forget how nicely i was treated.

Kano..... i will never forget how we've been treated.

Seppo, Vulpine, Archmetal and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.