[VC] New Characters Now Available - Cloudwalker, Demigod and Songweaver!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Sep 26, 2013.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Any updates?

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

An update would be nice.....but actual characters available at the highest levels would be nicer. I refuse to spend such a ridiculous amount of Fp on a new character eligible at such a low level when for all we know a new one might come out in the next 5 minutes, day, week , etc etc when in the meantime I miss out on the benefits of the last new character. It was a huge gamble that only the higher levels had to take. Once again the highest levels are left hanging in the breeze ;(

3. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

totally off topic but what i find amusing is that you see all kinds of things being answered as soon as they are posted pretty much but stuff like this gets semi-ignored until someone like me calls kano out haha i wonder why things like this take a back seat to smaller more inconsequential issues

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I would imagine if there were updates, then there would be some word, Maybe when Kano gets in later, Mitch will tell you.

5. Demonik1

ANY word is better than no word...dont ya think? idc if its shut up, we're workin on it...comin out next week, next month, you'll never see this update...whatever. im just saying its obvious that theyre here and seeing the posts but answering some and ignoring others till someone asks them directly for some kind of answer. pretty much dealing with the easy feedback and pushing the more difficult ones to the back burner and those are usually the ones we'd like to see answered.

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Well Kano should be in the office now, I will direct them to this thread to them and the I am sure someone will answer.

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Obviously we're interested in getting out characters for higher levels, but we're not going to see them within the time frame I proposed back in January. That was never certain anyways.

A new "quarter" is coming up and if characters are on the docket I'll let you know.

8. polishpimp

The new characters should have been introduced from the highest levels backwards in order to make things fair. But here we sit 8 months later still not having a clue. It would have been stupid to buy a new character for 175Fp back when they were released due to the uncertainty of when the others were to be released, their cost and whether or not they would stack etc etc. 8 months later we are still as uncertain as we were from day 1 and have lost 8 months worth of benefit. Must be nice for the level 1k players who got rewarded with the no brainer benefit of a new character class. Apparently leveling up not only are things suppose to get more challenging but it also means ya get less KY and yer soap dont get a roap. I agree with the others that said this should have been a priorty...much more than 99.9% of the other crap like message boards and redesigned fight pages.

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

In hindsight I agree that we should have handled the release of the previous characters differently. We're making a concentrated effort to do some work on those in the next few months, including a test for character swapping and the user interface for that as well as a few other things.

As always I don't want to say anything concrete until we have something ready to show, but we're closer now to talking about new characters than we were last time I chimed in on this thread. I'm making an effort to get answers to some questions that came up last time and how that will be addressed with any upcoming additions or changes.

10. polishpimp

As always Mitch , your reply is appreciated. Its nice to hear things are being worked on but unfortunately, once again the damage is done and as usual it comes at the expense of a certain segment of the player population. I just hope they get things worked out before its to late.

11. Demonik1

its a rare occasion but im in complete agreement with polish. the only...ONLY reason i didnt purchase the new characters was i read there were going to be more released for the higher levels and looking back, ive lost alot of income from holding off. i believe some kind of compensation is in order for being mislead

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

How have you been misled? We've always said that higher level characters were coming, and I feel that I've been fairly straight-forward that we don't have a firm time frame in mind due to the fact that we've had to take our old release schedule back to the drawing board after receiving feedback from this first round of releases.

13. polishpimp

Hmmmm...I dont know if mislead is the correct terminology but at the very least there was a lack of information and a lack of forethought in regards to fairness. This coupled with Kanos history of siding against certain segments of the player population when "push comes to shove" was undoubtedly enough to create a large amount of uncertainty, an uncertainty that has cost many any benefit due to wanting to error on the side of caution.

As the highest of levels are the smallest segment of the player population Kano tends to neglect and or give them shaft them 99% of the time in terms of advantage/disadvantage when it comes to updates /new content. This understandable to some degree due to the fact that they are the smallest segment. On the other hand though....these players on average have devoted the most time, resources and paved the way for all the other players and the new content they now enjoy. What do they get in return? Rewards that dont rise exponentially with their effort, delays, handicaps, limits, that allow those who came after them to reap more benefit increasingly inexpensively and quicker. They get basically nothing in return other than new worlds that cost way more to do and offer less in return and what lil benefit that is derived has much less useful shelf life. Its akin to painting the Sistine Chapel and not being allowed to view it. Wheres the t-shirt that say I helped build kano n all we got was this stupid t-shirt?.

In the end....Most times it makes good business sense to go with the masses, but it also makes good business sense to reward b loyalty. Kano is woefully lacking in this department. Nobodies asking for a handout....they're asking for some degree of fairness/recognition. The new characters was a perfect opportunity for Kano to at least show that they recognize loyalty and start with highest levels first. Furthermore it would have had zero negative impact on the lesser levels. Not only didnt they not do that but when pointed out for the umpteenth time they continue to ignore or drag their feet. How obvious is it that Kano has lost the vast majority of their longest standing players and why do u think that is?

Once again....its great that Kano is "working" on things but their is not a doubt it my mind that it will be painfully insufficient. As Demonik pointed out, compensation is in order for this latest of insults/oversights. kano needs to stop with the empty promises and delays in hopes players will forget and start giving back to those that afforded them so much. Because without the most loyal of players Kano aint crap...no money, no awards...nothing but the unemployment line

Perhaps a lil respect is in order....lol

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=AAF4818FEB941359B200AAF4818FEB941359B200

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  14. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

this is just my point of view you can like it or not, i think on adventures you need to sort it out big time why should players 1000's of levels lower get same reward drops as high levels, it should be from Valhalla every 500 levels you get new adventures then if you want drops as 23k+ players you earn it.

15. Andor

Andor New Member

years since we got new characters now. will there be new ones ?

16. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

17. Richie rich

Richie rich Member

It would be nice if we could move around the level characters that we have ie if we bought the demigod we could swop it out with a songweaver or cloudwalker :) without having to pay an additional cost as weve already bought the demi god for 175 fr points as sometimes ones priorities change as the game changes etc

18. PimpDaddyDuke

PimpDaddyDuke Member

Well fuck, I was looking at all the posts, reading them... Then realized this was from 2014. Why post it up to the top again? I think the fact no further development is occurring on this aspect is pretty clear.......

19. Richie rich

Richie rich Member

yeah i saw that but put my 2 cents worth for whats its worth just a good thought though as the game changes we could swop characters with in the same range as we have for example the highest ones could more over to the others at no cost but having to fork out another 175 favor points sux

20. Brown Barbaloot

Brown Barbaloot New Member

There was talk a couple of years ago about new character types. Is that idea dead?