Hitlist suspension clarification

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by AlterEgoT, Apr 10, 2019.

1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

A group of us were talking about the new hitlist suspension announcement. Each of us is reading it just a little bit differently and we were wondering if kano could clarify.

Are players being suspended indefinitely for using bots on the hitlist? OR are they being suspended for a finite time? (like for a week or two or whatever)

and

Are they only suspended from hunting? Or from the game entirely?

(I miss when we could ask in tgif)

Hitlist Update
    We've recently taken action against a number of players that were found to be using third-party programs that automate gameplay, known as "bots” or “scripts”.
    We're committed to providing an equal and fair playing field for everyone in our games, and will continue to take action against those found in violation of our Terms of Use.
    In the bottom of the TGIFs going forward we’re also going to be listing the number of players we’ve suspended from the Hitlist this week in addition to the frozen accounts.
    Frozen User Count
    Hitlist Suspended User Count
    28​

2. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

It's only my interpretation but when I see the word " suspension" in other contexts, it is for a fixed time but not permanent.

Perhaps one of the suspended ones could chime in and advise what they were told by Kano

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Can I also assume this is across all 4 games and all platforms ??

4. Kirsten

My experience is banned is permanent and suspended might be temporary, but definitely more clarification would be good :)

I would think if Kano said Frozen then the players would be gone for good/permanently.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Steven Jordan and AlterEgoT like this.
  5. Irnbru

Irnbru Member

suspended what a crock of s***, perma ban them from hunting aswell as name and shame them.

mushroomhead and the Doomlord like this.
  6. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

I think they need to start permant banning these bot/script users once an for all! Kano I know you got the tech so you need to use it! Don't care how much money they put into your games you need to put a stop too it an be done once an for all! cause you are losing more Loyal Customers then you already have had! You also need to work on banning the players who have alt accounts along with them! if the alt is actually a real player well then they need to show actual proof with a driver License an SSN# an then you can set it up where that it if it or is not confirm you can permant ban them an there main accounts!

the Doomlord likes this.
  7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Exactly as it says on the tin. It is players from all games that have had their access to the Hitlist suspended for a length of time (this can vary from a short amount to permanently).

mushroomhead likes this.
  8. Irnbru

Irnbru Member

a short time? that is not good enough!!!!!!!!!

the Doomlord likes this.
  9. Justin the killer

Mi7ch instead of doing that why not just permantly ban there accounts?? You should even watch the Raid Events also espically on server 2 on pirate clan!! This is why the Loyal Customers are leaving cause you guys are being way too easy on these bots/script users an Alt Accounts/Shares being made! I think coming soon I may end up quitting all game apps that are made by Kano Apps! for the simple reason that you are not doing your Jobs Correctly! If the right person comes in they may end up reporting this gaming site too the Federal Beauru so yea I think ya might wanna get your act together an do the job right an permant ban these players!

Edit: I forgot all you all care about now is the Money an not your actual Loyal Customers!! Good Job

10. Kirsten

Justin it is a canadian company.

11. Justin the killer

dont care what company it is they need to start doing there job right

12. AlterEgoT

Thank you Mitch. That was exactly what I was trying to ask.

Of course folks immediately started accusing others of having been banned from hunting. (they weren't) but in having a good laugh at the blatantly false (I mean HELLO their squad could see them catching) Someone said it'd be from the game entirely anyway, and someone else said they'd be gone forever. I felt by using the word suspended and not phrasing it as how many of the frozen were from hitlist suspension it was just from the hitlist and for certain lengths of time. I would presume that the length depends on a number of factors and allows kano the flexibility to modify it based on severity/longevity of use or coupled with other factors. Ranging anywhere from a warning shot to, last chance.

I'm glad to see Kano is taking actions. I hope y'all have found a reliable way to tell however, since we learned with BA folks are Dang good at clicking and with touchscreens it can get insanely fast. Right up to able to beat the notorious multi trapping. But I leave that to kano to sort out. In my experience Kano has shown a level head when dealing with the cheating aspect of online games, even though I often feel more could be done, I recognize it's a lot more difficult to sort fact from fiction than we on the end user side see.

That doesn't mean I won't fuss once and a while. it IS frustrating to see. But heck. I often block myself out on attacks on my own private boss. So I do try to keep in mind that in the end things still have to go down public pipelines, all systems are not created equal, reaction times vary, and muscle memory from so many years all play a part in what we see while we play.

Appreciate the clarification.

13. AlterEgoT

It was in TGIF so I believe so.

14. AlterEgoT

I believe she meant the federal commission would not be the authority to rule on anything.

But I think you are being a bit harsh. Is there cheating? You betcha? Does it suck? Yep. BUT If you played the mafia wars on myspace or any of the games of that era you'll remember just how bad the cheating was. Kano has worked hard to use coding to thwart a good deal of the cheating. And they have always researched thoroughly to thin the cheating.

I know we would all like faster reactions, and more decisive action. But we must try to remember it is harder to conclusively prove then we often realize. Many of our honest actions in the game can look impossible to someone else. A number of folks video'd themselves playing battle arena when the Whoa slow down lag was put in, to show that the bar was too low and users really were able to click as fast as they had it set. Some of it is insane.

So while we would like it to be faster and more decisive, Kano must work to ensure they are not banning honest players for being good at the game. Now I don't know their methods and even if I did, I wouldn't tip off cheaters by giving them the telltale signs giving them away, but I would suggest that there would need to be a case built before any action taken. And cases take time to put together.

If you are truly that frustrated with the cheating maybe run a video of what it is you see. So kano can see what you are and better understand why it seems so blatant. Words I've found do not convey as well as seeing for your own eyes.

And keep in mind....if someone has to cheat to beat you at a point and click game, you've already won. How very much must they need that stat/win/fake cash to resort to cheating to get it? Be glad your life is full enough you don't have to resort to cheating. Have a chuckle at the lengths folks will go just to topple lil ole you. Letting them get to you doesn't hurt them one iota, it only hurts you. As much as I hate injustice, sometimes it is better to just realize they need that little stat far more than you do, so hold your head a little higher, walk with a little swagger knowing you are so good they have to act like that to try to take what you've got.

I know you know how to have fun with the game regardless of how the game is going. I've sure fought you enough to know you've got the sense of humor to handle it ;) Don't let em get to you. You've already won.

mushroomhead likes this.
  15. Justin the killer

we already fought somewhat before LoL but about showing a video I refuse to let them see who i am until they do something about them cheaters, cause I do think that game is fun but it is not fun when you are facing off against bots, an kano should already have enough case build up to do something about this stuff! that is my regards! An I won't Let a Cheater bring down cause it wont happen :)

16. AlterEgoT

Oh I simply meant that it would be difficult to distinguish between someone with amazing reflex and muscle memory and someone using a bot without long term patterns showing or obvious goofs while using the bot. Because I've seen some of these folks click and they can burn up a mouse. holy wow!

But we were talking over in ZS and do agree perhaps something a little more stringent would be helpful.

Suggestions given were:
    Reset their hitlist kills since they got them unfairly.
    Take a percentage of their vault
    Take skill points from achievements earned on hitlist

All could be done in graduating fashion based on the severity of use. or whatever factors.

I personally was the dissenter on the call the folks out. The goal is not to further reduce players but to encourage players to play straight up and compete legitimately. And as such felt that having them called out would do nothing but turn the entire game into running them out of the game (we can be some mean folks ya know) And this doesn't accomplish the end goal of keeping the game fun. When the bans first really got going we lost so many "players" Ok yeah they weren't real, they were being used to help but still it reduced what we saw as players and dropped the enjoyment of the game down so badly it still hasn't recovered. 425 in BA on PC server 1? Good grief we had thousands before.

So for me I'm against public shaming. But I can see why folks want to know. And my nosy butt WOULD love to know who isn't as good as they pretend to be. BUT I can't agree with that solution.

Nor can I agree with permanent bans. We need players. So I feel like Kano is trying to walk the balance of we aren't going to let you do it versus running the player base off.

I'm just glad Kano is trying to keep the game clean. It's harder to do than it looks to us playing I do believe.

17. ste69

ste69 New Member

this new hitlist delay is fkn stupid, 6 kills n done, we get puunished more than than the cheaters

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  18. Kirsten

As far as I know the delay is not new, it has been there for some time, unless they changed it.

19. Kirsten

Kano is very interested in keeping players, they don't want to ban or implement features to slow down players, but there are always gonna be players that cross the lines of honesty and fair play, just like in RL, and I figure kano thinks their warnings will cause the ones crossing the line to stop, but as I have seen in games or in life, some people never learn or take it to heart, and eventually some of them could be banned permanently, it does happen, it is very rare, but it does. Most of us know who and in what games it is occuring, so I like to call them out within the game, and I also am not impressed in the least by that kind of game playing, it is lame and pathetic.

AlterEgoT and HJM like this.
  20. Gigi

Gigi New Member

i never had a hitlist kill in this game and i am fast with clikking mouse but because of the cheaters never got one so i dont botter no more try to get one