Admins....

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Survival Streak 0, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

The forums have been running really slow for me recently (past few weeks) been getting random 504 time out messages. I figured it was a server issue until I came here in a different browser and everything worked perfectly...then i logged in and it went back to slow loading times 5-7 minutes per page. Logged back out, everything is fine again. Made a new account, signed in...all works fine, log out and back into this account....slow loading times and random error messages. Weird eh? Well I happen to have a few forums using this software so I went over to one and try and replicate the results.

Success! I replicated it. I turned on Discourage mode on the test user and the exact same thing was happening, slow loading times and random 504 time outs.
    Well...I'm not going away!
    Here's how you turn it off,
    Step 1: Goto https://forums.kanoapps.com/admin.php
    Step 2: Click search users and type "Survival"
    Step 3: Uncheck this box
    [​IMG]
    I gotta say....this is a pretty thin skinned response to criticism, if you guys don't want me posting here...there is a ban option.

2. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Is anyone experiencing a glitch with refill purchase in syndicate wars ? I just clicked to purchase and got no refill and i have reached max ? As far as i know no one has gifted me more than one - looks like the points have gone but no refill to fight with

Syed misba likes this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I have never seen this I am on a Mac laptop using google Chrome on the FB platform.

4. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

It's a feature in the forum software that has to be manually applied to an account by an admin/moderator, it's designed to make a person think the site is broken so they just go away.
    If you ban someone they can just make another account, but if they think the site is broken then they'll just lose interest..only works if the user you've applied it to doesn't know though.