[VC] The Game Chatroom problem

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Skollstein, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Skollstein

Skollstein Member

Screenshot 2019-01-17 at 8.49.18 AM.png Hello Kano Apps,
    I have noticed that when i try to type in the game's chatroom recently that a dropdown box apears with old messages that have been saved. This feature is annoying and I want to know why this has been added to the game. Please remove this dropdown box. Thanks, Scott

Dover, Richie rich and HJM like this.
  2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I think this is a function of your browser and how it handles input boxes. This is not a feature we have added to chat.

HJM likes this.
  3. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

nope its not

Justin the killer likes this.
  4. Skollstein

Skollstein Member

Thanks for the help everybody. This was a good learning experience for me. Here is what I found out.
    Welcome to the Google Chrome Help Forum, and thanks for posting!

I'd suggest you give these steps a try to see if they help:
    1. Open Chrome.
    2. In the top right, click the Chrome menu [​IMG] .
    3. Click Settings > Show advanced settings.
    4. In the "Privacy" section, uncheck Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar.

5. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

not helping :(

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Try this>
    AUTOFILL.PNG

Skollstein and mi7ch like this.
  7. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i do not think this as nothing to do with your History at all cause Kano this as been happening an going on for a month so this just started when u guys did that Patch crap for the Stack Update.

8. Dover

Dover New Member

This just started today for me and none of the solutions suggested have worked either. I don't know what I did, chat was working fine. Then one click on the chat box, and that little drop box pops up with all my previous messages in it.

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

On Chrome?

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Hey all. I can assure you this is not a "feature" we built into chat but rather a function of your browser. Having said that we are having a heck of a time reproducing this in the office however we think we have a fix for it that will go out early next week.

I will be sure to announce in this thread when that fix goes out so you all can let us know if it fixes this issue for you. Thank you for your patience.

Dover likes this.
  11. Dover

Dover New Member

Correct, it's on Chrome. I don't know how I triggered it. Now it won't go away.

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Quick update. For those of you who have been affected can you please do a hard refresh of the game (if it is currently open) and let us know if you are still experiencing this issue? Any "autocomplete" data should not longer be showing up.

Seppo, Dollerz and JADES like this.
  13. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

@Dover @Seppo can either of you confirm that this is now fixed? Please let us know.

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I talked to a friend having this issue and it's resolved.

Smack likes this.
  15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks for following up on that @JADES. Much appreciated.

JADES likes this.
  16. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

yes its fixed also at my end

Dover likes this.
  17. Dover

Dover New Member

Yep, it's fixed on my end as well.

18. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Excellent! Glad that got sorted. Thank you all for your patience as we found a solution for this.

19. Robert King

Robert King New Member

Chat function not working on any browsers. Just happened after most recent updates. Click Chat it disappears but chat does not show up.