Daily Reward System: Maintenance and Rework

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

The problem is, as you said you can die in defensive stance. Probably in the time it would take to go collect the reward. And/or lose the one you are attacking.

I honestly don't even bother with BA anymore on kp2 and i'm not currently playing on FB. It's that horrendous of an event to me. But I know from the times my defense doesn't enable or I've run out of stamina and had to go grab some how fast it goes.

Moot point as now they've said we can't earn more.

I guess I give up on feedback or questions. The answers aren't making sense to me. We'll just try it then see I suppose. Rereading the first clarification I see the hidden verbage now I think.

So events are screwed. BUT in a week period you can end up with more total.

Sounds great to y'all kano BUT again I don't think you understand how the players have to get creative to play your events. And you've just made it much much harder on folks to play events with any type of competition if you don't level off them. And after about 1000 levels, you don't level from them well.

I really wish you'd run this by some of the folks that have been playing the games for a long time so you could get our perspective. Worst case you'd at least be able to write the descriptions so we can understand how it will affect us better.

How I am reading this currently:
    each day we get a reward.
    these rewards are a once a day use
    at gp rollover the reward disappears used it or not
    to make up for not being able to save up rewards we get these drops based off the loot drop system.

what this means to anyone who has been playing awhile:
    get your CC out if you want to do events, using the boost to level is no longer an option
    slower inventory load time as we receive more items we likely cannot use
    a small percentage chance of a un drop that if you are super duper lucky might get you 1 refill of something (ps it takes multiple refills for a level 8k to typically level outside of their carefully rationed once a day)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  2. Gerriattrix

Gerriattrix New Member

I fully understand Kano isn't a charity and have to earn money to keep the games running. But they're killing the games off by making changes that don't suit long term players. I agree with others who have said that this will backfire. I have spent money on FP in the past but will probably cut down rather than increase it because of your changes. Make the game more interesting, attract new players and keep your long term loyal players here. Don't destroy it by making everything "pay to play". Fix the things that are broken (like raid invite links), don't break the things that are working...

3. AlterEgoT

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darktide likes this.
  4. AlterEgoT

You bring up an excellent point. We've focused on the stacking and what that does to events but the net of it is....

Kano, we feel like you are taking away the ability to play the game the way we would like forcing us into certain builds and certain styles of play. Part of the fun in this game has been we can control how we play. Each and every change has funneled us into one style.

As snowtiger pointed out, we often play differently at different times based on what is going on in our lives.

Many times I'm in a rush on a day with daily activities and will pop in to use just enough resources to keep them maxing out, hit the lottery and the challenges and the WB and dash off, knowing I can use the rest of the stuff the next day when I have more time to sit and play and socialize.

Each of these changes lately actually reduce my effective playing time. While yes, I might more consistently play for 15 minutes instead of 5 one day and 2 hours the next. It's the days where I play 2 hours that I enjoy the game. breaking that into 15 minutes makes the game extremely dull. More of a chore than entertainment.

Kimbella, Chasity, Tony Cecil and 2 others like this.
  5. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

they are updating to what seems to be more options on rewards but are not completely clear for collection. collection will be clarified soon or shortly after release.

It takes time to swap something out and people had well over a week of warning this was happening. At most a person could have lost is 7 refills of energy or 3.5 refils of stam. To put that into fp thats a minimum of 35 fp for stam or 70 fp for energy. It is not a huge loss but is a drag. They stated they were going to give some sort of compensation for the day it is going to be down for.

Those who have not kept up on the news feed regarding their warnings should be held accountable for their own actions. Its the players problem for not properly keeping themselves informed not the company Kano.

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Each day you will be be able to collect one (1) reward only.

If you decide to not to collect your reward before the end of the day it will be lost, but you will earn another on the following day.

If you do decide to collect your reward it will be immediately applied to your stats if its energy/stamina otherwise it will be redeemed immediately in the form of FP, Item(s) or a Loot Case.

As an example for Stamina specifically, if you choose Stamina as your reward preference, the total amount of Stamina earned over 7 days in new system will be greater than the old. The difference being that you must apply each single reward to your stats daily and not all in one lump sum.

7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

If you want to post your feedback as others have done in this thread you are free to do so. However, feedback consisting of mostly swearing and name calling will be removed be it directed at us or anyone on this forum for that matter.

8. neill1990

oh ok, thanks for the clarification. No more stacking of boosts, only able to collect the day of and nothing prior as what is prior is considered expired (similar to how forum reward boosts are where you cant collect after expired).

Sad to see it go since a lot would usually stack several days as prep for an event such as battle arena or raids. It wasnt a considerable boost but in the case of stam was usually enough of a boost to complete a battle arena without the need to spend fp. Depending how much fp is given by having it as preference per day it could balance out to it not being a big deal but will have to wait until implementation is done.

9. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Compared to raids where stacking 7 daily energy equal 70 fp, for Ba it was up to 35 fp in value. I doubt you will see more than at max 5 fp pr week, so they just cached in 70 (raids)+2*35 (2 ba) - maybe up towards 20 fp from the new daily = 120 fp lost pr player pr month, and they claim not to greedy.............. This has to be among the most greedy moves ever done by kano.

For me the consequence is one less open raid pr month and less average damage meaning less fp brought, to compensate for the loss. Also "looking forward" to see if the drops are of any relevance for us over level 10k

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Kay-Arne Hansen likes this.
  10. Alain Tremblay

Alain Tremblay New Member

Will we have to pay $5 US to see the new features? U owe me 42 favor points from my piggy bank...

Rick Gross likes this.
  11. neill1990

smack stated the stam and energy overall boost totals will be higher then they are now so you are not getting ripped off. If you look at it as stacking and only collecting once a week then yes you will be out 6 days of boosts(since the 7th day is when you collect this 7th day is not lost so only 6).

energy stacking for raids is a bigger concern since that is what people need the most when raiding. My guess is more helpers will pop up across all games to compensate. This really depends on what the reward totals are going to be though. im thinking it will probably be 5fp as well but you never know and they might surprise us with 10 fp daily... trying to think positive lol.

12. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Lol would love to think positive, just hard when through the years the changes kano implement rarely are for the benefit of the users :)
    And the stack up from raids, will in no way be compensated through a daily rewards, I doubt that a lot :) but lets think positive, and hope they don't deploy the changes :D

13. neill1990

im fine with the changes but wouldnt mind stacking being re-enabled. Currently I think that is the only downside im seeing to the overhaul. Well besides it being during raids but there are always raids going in one of the games so somebody is getting inconvenienced lol.

14. Lol seems I was giving Kano too much credit. xD

So to sum it up, stacking is gone. We are getting the same benefits in the form of energy/stam so we are not "ripped off", you are just seriously impairing our ability to do something useful with that energy/stam (i.e. raids and BA).

I guess I will be saving money after all. Good job Kano. :)

Tarpy and AlterEgoT like this.
  15. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Stamina gets spent during BA (by a few) and during RBS (by most). Not being able to save up for these events will make it harder for players who won't spend on refills. These players will: simply not join those events, participate less than they used to, or just leave the game - these are the guaranteed outcomes for this player group.

Over on the Kano/AG server BA participation is half of what it used to be about a year ago and this number will now be further reduced as a result of this one change to the game.

Not sure what the effect on the RBS event will be, a guess is that fewer bosses will be summoned...

The game is fun when people play, this change will make some people simply quit or play less - any change to the game should target increasing player numbers and participation.

I feel all better now that I've said my piece:D

16. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

Since it has been made clear now. I am against the removal of stacking. What we asked for ORIGINALLY was the ability to stack and collect ONE reward at a time. Not the removal of stacking.

17. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

yes but , you will lose it if for any reason ya don't get back to the game in time the next day, which was the original concern, that if ya did not get back in time ya lost your reward streak, and started at day 1 which wasn't anywhere a big enough deal other than feeling, 'Oh Damn', so now ya lose the daily reward all together, if ya miss coming back within 24 hours, or whatever this time frame is, bad enough we can't stack them for an upcoming raid, or other event, now ya 'lose ' the reward . Ya reworked it to make the loss greater than a reset. :(

Angel withFangs, Rick B and Snowtiger like this.
  18. SOHAIB

SOHAIB Member

This change for me just about removing the stacking feature for stamina/energy rest is just redesigning new pics to put up there + don't forget cases :D
    Pure Zynga Move by KANO lol
    These kind of tactics Zynga adopted to force players to pay when they got greedy ;)

Tarpy likes this.
  19. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Mi7ch

Seriously? Are you flipping kidding? KANO keeps changing the rules on us time and time again. And then the day before a RAID - where maybe thousands of players such as myself have saved up rewards, you again change the rules - taking away things we have saved up according to KANO rules and say something "not all features are perfect"? I call total Bovine Scatology.

The Daily Rewards are used the way that KANO intended - if KANO had not intended for them to be used the way that we do, KANO would not have gone to such lengths to keep the rewards feature as long as it did.

This is being done because of KANO's mismanagement and pitiful treatment of the players - and KANO is losing marketshare and instead of righting it's own wrongs and getting more people to play, has decided to punish KANO's own customer base for their failures.

For shame KANO for shame.

20. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Kano should be ashamed of how they treat us - but they never show any shame or appreciation towards us

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.