Daily Reward System: Maintenance and Rework

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

Oh Poo, I am glad I saw this first thing this morning so I would not lose the stam I had stacked. I am very not happy tho with the change. I know you are going to offer something in its place such as one day I might get FPs as a reward, but big deal. I personally do not stack my stam rewards to use on events such as raids or arena. The way I look at it, if I stack stam for those events, I lose a little bit each time I level up on a raid or arena and have not ran my stam down below the 7500 I have. But, and this is a big but, I do save several days of stam rewards so that I can plow right through some of my higher level bosses without having to ask for help on them. I do this because some days I am too busy with real life to collect and use all stam rewards so opening and plowing through a large boss not only gets me more drops, but dumps my extra stam so it does not go to waste. Do not get me wrong, I do share plenty of bosses, but normally my favorite bosses to share are my newer and still lower level bosses. If I share those before work, and also have to collect my stam reward on top of that, I would end up with over full stam all day long while I wait for my friends to join my boss, and thus wasted stam. I do realize I could go for the new set up that gets me a different reward each day, but that still loses me the opportunity to plow through the bosses I choose too when in a hurry and feel like doing it :p

2. Tony Cecil

Tony Cecil Active Member

Not many want Zombies to be like the other games. That's the reason we play it more than the other games.

spookierthanu and AlterEgoT like this.
  3. Jeff Garrett

Jeff Garrett New Member

It is interesting how they have "rolled" new features out game by game when it is to there benefit....But this time it has to be all at one time. If i remember right, the daily loot was rolled out game by game. Why not this one?

4. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I prefer KY if there is a choice.

5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I still don't understand this. So if I save up 7 days, under the old system, I would get all 7 days at one time, which I might not necessarily want.
    Now, I can collect 1 day and have 6 days left. Then I can collect day 2 and have 5 days left? If that's the way it's going to work, I would say that's an improvement. I guess we'll see whenever the new reward system is loaded.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Send in your ticket, @JADES, I'm sure they'll take care of you. Some others of us that don't have the respect you have earned may not get much, if anything, if they are negatively impacted by this change.

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

The caps were put in place years ago to keep anyone from having an "unfair" advantage.

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Valid question. We built this new system by extending the old one in order to maintain some of the existing data and code. As such we can't do a game by game rollout like we can with brand new code such as daily loot etc etc.

Jades to answer your question you will not be able to park multiple days of rewards and just collect 1 at a time. Each day you will collect your reward (or not) and on the next day you move onto the next reward. None are banked but you will have the entire Kano calendar day to accept your single reward.

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Quick update as to the status of the new Daily Rewards. We are in good shape right now but it is nearing the end of the day for staff so we will be holding off enabling this for everyone until tomorrow when we will better be able to respond to questions and feedback. We will also be announcing some perks as a thank you for your patience throughout this so keep an eye out for that in this thread and/or in the News within the game.

10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

It's not that bad. Since I can be taken out even in defensive stance, I don't even bother with it anymore. I don't even want to lose my free 50 when I level up, so I use up what I have, go into defensive stance for a few seconds to collect more from a boost/reward, and then pay the penalty to come out early and keep going. You definitely have to do this within the first 15 minutes, it's not worth it otherwise until you're not going to sleep that night.

11. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

Just noticed this myself when I went to collect so I could keep playing and got the 'down for maintenance'... so I guess I lost all I had saved on 4 characters. You can't convince me that this isn't an effort by Kano to sell more refills or we would be allowed to stack the rewards as before, which many counted on for the events. I for one, and I hope others follow, refuse to spend another dime on these games so good luck increasing your revenue Kano!

Ares likes this.
  12. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

PLEASE no cash or lottery tickets in the new reward system.

Chasity likes this.
  13. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Per post 108, no stacking. So if I play 7 days straight and don't collect until the 7th day, I only get the reward for that day I collected, not 7 days' worth. If you want them each day, you have to collect them each day, you can't save them up for a mondo boost at one time for raids or whatever. Since I don't really focus on arenas and raids and don't even participate in wars, not being able to stack rewards won't affect me, I haven't stacked in months, if not longer. But I have a feeling there are 1 or 2 of us that won't like not being able to stack rewards anymore.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  14. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I know as far as raids, I won't spend to make up the loss of 7 days worth of energy to open and work on as many raids as I have been.

15. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

Seriously? Post is gone already lol
    When you screw players, expect to be sworn at....
    I hope your spenders keep your income going. There was no logical reason to do this except to make us pay to play. Am pretty sure from my response you deleted that you can figure out what I would post ;)

16. BenKing17

BenKing17 New Member

I just got on and I see that I have lost all my rewards, You should of gave us more warning! I always save my rewards as stamina for the raids, so not being able to stack them will mean I will only be able to join a few raids per season.

17. Kimbella

Kimbella Member

So this is very confusing - we will not be able to keep days worth of rewards. I just don't understand where in your minds that the tweaks you are doing to the Daily Rewards is going to be better. So the way this reads regardless or not if we play daily, if we choose not to collect the daily reward, it just moves on to the next? This is not rewarding the players that play daily by taking our choices away and minimizing the amount of stam or energy that we can have at one time. This looks like a use or lose type of situation. Very Sad Indeed :(

18. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

totally agree

19. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

so no hoarding of boosts anymore? seems contradictory to the earlier statement if im reading it correctly. -

in that post it was stated you just cant cumulatively collect more then you can now not that you will not be able to hoard them as a player can currently do. the way im interpreting it is no bulk collect but single whenever you choose but then in the later comment above here you say that isnt the case either and no hoarding?

20. Not a greedy decision? Sure sounds like one to me. As well, sounds like a ploy to try and force people into spending more money on the games. You can not stack stamina/energy for RB's (esp.) or BA, therefore, with limited amounts? Players that want to continue to play many RB's or stay in the Arena longer, will "have" to "buy" FP's/stamina/energy? Ummmm, NO! From a background in marketing/advertising & PR with Fortune 500 companies. I can tell you, Kano...Your biting your nose off to spit your face. Bad, marketing decision. Instead of "increasing" your sales, longtime players that "have" been spending will cut thier spending, doing less RB's, playing arena less because YOU chose to put a crimp/toss a wrench(choose your favorite analogy here) into thier games. Not being able to stack stam/energy is not going to "force" a player to log in and play each day. Nor is it going to "force" a player to spend more money on the games. Instead it is alienating long time players that have been and do spend real $$$$$. …
    ::Just my two coppers worth::

Kimbella, Kirsten and BLACKSPIDER like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.