War Event Duration Update (Viking Clan and Zombie Slayer)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 24, 2018.

1. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

Thanks smack, not seeing any negatives now that everything has been scaled down. Just a potential concern about the cost per refill on the shorter version, id say to keep an eye on them and see how they are after a couple runs of the shortened event given it is here to stay at all.

2. koo22

koo22 Member

This is a good change overall for Guild Wars. Now, if you could change the reward set up for WAR MODE, which was here in VC before raids, it would give more guilds an incentive to do WM, create more competition, and more fun. That's something that's been very lacking in here. Something other than pixel trophies and some XP would be nice at least for the top 3.

3. Lester peterson aka Pete

Lester peterson aka Pete Active Member

refill should double

4. Lester peterson aka Pete

Lester peterson aka Pete Active Member

o_Oshould refill double or time to get refills be shortened to half day

5. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

The times have been converted down so it is the same as the full version war. those types of changes would need more thought since it would unbalance the event unproportionally in favor to people who spend fp. If those types of changes occurred other parts of the event would need to be reworked to balance it out back to how it is now or better. Would not be wise to sway the end results to people who buy boosts more than it is currently.

Overall the amount that can be bought by boosts currently is just ~25% (3132 total, can buy 800 from boosts, 800/3132=25.5%) which is a big portion of a teams score (assuming all buy). That is already a large amount and any higher would only do harm.

6. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i hate to say but i am not spending that much fps just for Refills that is way too OP!! at this rate people may end up dropping wars an only doing battle arenas just saying!!

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'm assuming we still start out with 200 tokens upon start as normal? Or since upped limit we start with 300 now?

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Still 200 tokens to start, it is just the max that you can hold that has been increased.

neill1990 likes this.
  9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

One other question @ Smack. Since refills went up 17 per refill=68 more tokens per day + faster regeneration time, shouldn't heals also be increased? We've hit maximum heals before this change is why I'm asking.

VladimirT777 likes this.
  10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Heals refresh within 1 hour so I think this is less of a concern but we will be keeping a keen eye on feedback so I look forward to hearing how this weekend's events go. I do hear what you are saying though

JADES likes this.
  11. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

So it's still gonna cost 48UN for refills, how lame ​

12. munchjr

munchjr New Member

Wars were already killed by previous changes. Making it shorter will make it less annoying.

13. drrobert1

drrobert1 Member

Short heads up makes planning life difficult. If you go to 3 day war then do it one afterwards.
    Did not do calculation but is it still 12 hours to hit max limit if you start at zero? Less time to hit limit would be an issue given real life demands.
    You are going to need to improve performance of your servers with increased number of tokens per hour and per refill. Latency lags occur in last few hours; at start of war and around refill times. Former is most important since team plans to be on for final push to place in top 3.

14. Alain Tremblay

Alain Tremblay New Member

SW is my favorite part of the game . It's time when we all get together in chat and have a common goal.. I don't see any good reason to shortened it to 3 days other than make changes just to make changes... Is Kano out of ideas??? If there is something U might wanna change, it's the starting time cuz 4pm PT is 1 am in 90% of Europe when most are sleeping...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Mobile App still shows max of 300 tokens FYI even though will exceed to 400

Steven Jordan likes this.
  16. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Hey Jades where were you seeing that, in the UI or in the Help? I know the Help file is out of date and we will look to correct that soon but please let me know where that is showing in the UI if it exists there too?

17. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

Here is screen shot from Zombie Slayer showing the 300 token max. It does accumulate to 400. This screen shot is from mobile web version but the Viking Clan app has same mistake.

Attached Files:

Smack likes this.
  18. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Same as picture Jordan posted

Smack likes this.
  20. drrobert1

drrobert1 Member

Are you changing this Friday's PC War to 3 days? Players need to know to plan their play schedule.