[LCN] Raid Boss Updates for September 27, 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Sep 27, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

Tomorrow morning at 9 am Pacific a brand new Raid Boss - The Specter - will be menacing Mobsters worldwide! This mysterious cleaner is called in the when the job is considered too tough and to date no one has escaped his gun sights alive.

In addition to this new Raid with new items to earn, we’re also releasing an extension to the existing Attack/Heal/Open categories and introducing some brand new Raid achievements to collect!

These new Raid achievements are for placement on the three Raid leaderboards that will be up throughout the event. Whether you place in the Top 50%, 25% or 5%, at the end of the Raid there we be medals for you to collect. These medals chart your progress towards these Achievements (and you can see this on your user stats) so be sure to grab them when the event ends next Friday.

An update from the previous Raids in that we are keeping the open tiers but we are removing the cap of 30 Raids that a player can be in at one time. While we did see some positive results from the cap, that was not enough to offset the feedback we had heard about it over the past month.

Keep an eye out for these changes when the Specter Raid launches at 9 am Pacific tomorrow!

2. Rhapsody

Rhapsody Member

concern about open category: if too many low level join the same raid, it may be difficult to kill the boss. i suppose most of the active players are in the mid tier. why not consider eg. lvl 1-3000 (10 players), lvl 3001-7000 (12 players), above lvl 7000 (8 players)?

3. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Thank you.

4. elrusso08

elrusso08 Member

Excellent.:)

5. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

glad for the higher levels that you removed the cap but for mid level and low level players we are screwed - a level 1k can't compete to get a superior item against a 10k

Looks like more money in my pocket and less in Kano's

6. Miss Kitty Snaps

Your right it will be hard for a raid full of low levels to finish - they will be forced to buy more gf pts then they normally do!

I do like the idea on a more break up of #'s in each tier - even 4 would be great

TomcaT and Rick B like this.
  7. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

We’ve also increased the Superior drop rate to ensure that the same percentage of those items are dropped in an open group of 30 as they did for previous events.

Please explain how that work regarding different level, what are % drop among levels

Miss Kitty Snaps likes this.
  8. BoS Tee

BoS Tee New Member

Well appreciated

9. For higher level players this will be to their advantage as will the removal of the 30 limit. There won't be a chance that low and even some of the mid level players will get these achievements. As usual the older, long-term members will have the advantage over those that came from Mafia Wars and definitely more so the latest influx of new players. I am surprised y'all didn't think to tier the achievement for the old level divisions so tier1 & tier 2 players stand a chance at the awards.

TomcaT and Miss Kitty Snaps like this.
  10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Low level's get most benefit out of raid's, how is this hard to understand?

11. Miss Kitty Snaps

How do they do that Jade? A level 1k does not have near the amount of stam that a 10K+ does. Can't imagine a raid full of low levels getting it done and all trying for the superior.

They might level fast but leveling fast and growing strong at the same is a tough balance.

what am I not understanding?

12. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

For a level 1,000, the common drop is usually a very useful item . The superior Is a bonus. Last time was about 100 extra attack and defense per item which is nice but not worth spending extra on refills to obtain for most players.

A low level should be happy with the common and thrilled if they get the upgraded item.

Even for mid-levels, it would be more effective to spend two or three refills (at most) to join one extra raid and do a fair share of actions and pick up an extra common item than to use the same amount of refills on extra actions in an already open raid in an attempt at a superior.

Anyone concerned about a raid filling with too many low levels and not finishing should stay away from public raids. Dont join them and dont post them. Invite a range of people to your raids. Accept invites only if it makes sense to you and your finances. Or use one of the raid groups.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    Kirsten and Rick B like this.
  13. Way too many join a raid just to fill it up. Could you please consider Mi7ch to give us the option to get rid of freeriders doing nothing in a raid so spot can be opened for someone who will do minimum attack and heals ?? Just a suggestion :oops::rolleyes::)

Just Shorty likes this.
  14. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

THANK YOU!

15. TomcaT

TomcaT Member

YEP like 4 Tiers of 8 in each

Miss Kitty Snaps likes this.
  16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

stay away from public raids, is easier than kano removing squatters , they have addressed the reason they cannot do this many time in the almost 4 years raids have been around. :)

Reesy901 and Miss Kitty Snaps like this.
  17. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

@KaNO - why did you mess with the damage? I used to do 100K-110K damage per 20 stamina attack.
    Now it's only 70K-80K.

:mad:

18. SOHAIB

SOHAIB Member

Its all about money Geoff. Its Simple, they want you to spend more money on the raids now. BTW i do the same amount of damage as you are doing now which means that they removed the factor in damage where it depends how strong you built your character.
    All will do same amount of damage now :D. Whiners won again HAHAHAHA

19. A N T O N I A

A N T O N I A New Member

lmaoooo SEEMS whinners are complaining that bigger accounts are getting more damage .. lmaoooooo hahahaahahahahah Kano always gears towards them :) lmaoooooooo

SOHAIB likes this.
  20. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

if it is a new raid boss, it might be harder to take down than when we do repeat ones ? or maybe the ones in the raid affect what we do?? not really sure, just thinking out loud.

Just Shorty and SOHAIB like this.