[PC] Raid Boss Updates for September 13, 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Sep 13, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

Today at 9 am Pacific a brand new Raid Boss - Anubis - will be menacing the Seven Seas! This desert god of death is not something you want to trifle with, so make sure your armada is well-prepared!

In addition to this new Raid with new items to earn, we’re also releasing an extension to the existing Attack/Heal/Open categories and introducing some brand new Raid achievements to collect!

These new Raid achievements are for placement on the three Raid leaderboards that will be up throughout the event. Whether you place in the Top 50%, 25% or 5%, at the end of the Raid there we be medals for you to collect. These medals chart your progress towards these Achievements (and you can see this on your user stats) so be sure to grab them when the event ends next Friday.

A quick note, the open tiers are staying from last month’s Raid in addition to the cap of 30 simultaneous Raids that a player can be in at one time.

While there was some consternation around this cap in last week’s Mob Wars: LCN Raid, overall that event performed quite well and it looks like the 30 cap solved some of the issues we see in Viking Clan Raids where players have difficulties finding Raids in the first few days of the event.

We’re continuing to collect data around this change to make sure it’s a good fit. We have definitely been reading the conversation around the cap and have some idea of where we could adjust it in the future, but we need to get a good look at how it functions in events other than LCN.

Here are some other updates to be aware of for this Raid:

• Dead Raids that are ready to collect have been removed from the Cap
    • Based on feedback, we have adjust the drop rates of Superiors to be slightly improved over the previous event
    • Raid page UI re-done to separate your own Raids from Raids you are helping on to more resemble the regular Boss page. Includes a count of how many Raids you are in.
    Keep an eye out for these changes when the Anubis Raid launches at 9 am Pacific.

Steven Jordan likes this.
  2. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

1) The issues in the games are different. The main difficulty in LCN with raids is blockers & campers. The cap did little to help that. Yes, blockers (those who do 1 action just to take a spot and have no intention of qualifying), they were limited to 30 that they could block at one time. Until others in those raids finished them. Doesn't change their behavior, just limits it. Campers (those who do barely anything until they think the raid will finish), yea it limited them too. Still saw them in many public raids (of which I joined only 1 this time). Didn't spur them to contribute more. The other main issue was the tier structure, with a glut of tier 2's not being able to get into public or private raids due to the volume of T2's. Removing the tiers solved that. The cap didn't help that at all.

If you're going to make multiple changes, you need to isolate and evaluate the impacts.

2) The games are different. I know it's easier to program them all the same but they are the same. The players are different. Treat it that way.

3) Thank you for all 3. For the superior drops, the rate doesn't only need to be increased in general, it needs to be tied to actions. Way too many superiors were given out on Unlikely's and Decent's.

Sargeinmi and Pinhead like this.
  3. Red Goddess

Red Goddess Member

Lol i said it before, and it came to pass. There are now a back log of pc raids not getting filled as the players that actually help on a lot of raids are limited out. If kanos idea was hoping to force those who already do a lot to spend even more money to releash a raid all by themsrlves- not going to hsppen with me. Im not going to help as much now because i dont like being manipulated into spending more money then the large amount i already spend to help peeps raids. And those that cant get filled by the worker bee pirares and are just sitting there unfilled, can get all filled by the low levels and expire lol

4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

This cap sucks the big one

5. Kirsten

You are currently in (29) Raids! and mine and cannot join any, before I collect on three and it kept telling me the same thing so my own raid counts as one of the 30 , what about when I collected 3 and it still would not let me join any ?????????????

6. john greene

john greene Member

I guess you guys don't like money anymore? Epic fail guys, but keep listening to new players crying. Cheers

7. john greene

john greene Member

I get 40 to 50 private raids sent to me everyday and i can't do more then the owner, all the public raids have openings but the ones that are on it just do min they will all fail, whoever came up with this idea needs to be taken out behind the shed!!!! :mad:

8. Kirsten

Sucks man, I got like 20 in my messages I cannot get to, and most need a heavy hitter to help them and my friends and I are stuck

Debra Otter and Angel withFangs like this.
  9. john greene

john greene Member

10. This is ridiculous! The ONLY people that are getting hurt by this stupid cap, are the people that put money in your pockets Kano! Like the others here have said, I too get an inbox full of invites from friends & clan mates and I am stuck unable to help them out until one of the others goes down. There was nothing wrong with the way it was once the tiers were removed. Those that were crying about not being able to get on a RB, did not look hard enough at the chat, I got on plenty, and so did others that do tons of RB's. There were no shortage of RB's to be had. Maybe, if the ones crying the blues about it, bothered to clan up with others, and do decent damage on raids, they would get more invites to private ones. Not many of your regular $$ spenders are going to be spending as they did before the cap on FP's when your limiting the RB's they can get on. I "think" that is called; "Biting your nose off to spit your face"? Not, a good marketing move at all. Like Kirsten said; "This sucks" and it does big time!

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  11. Debra Otter

Debra Otter Member

WOW, I have request to help on raids that I can't help sitting in my inbox! I normally I get 30 or more request daily... some need heavy hitters and some I can do the mimium...

Angel withFangs likes this.
  12. Pinhead

Pinhead Member

• Dead Raids that are ready to collect have been removed from the Cap
    Yeah right?!?! That hasn`t worked for me at least

• Based on feedback, we have adjust the drop rates of Superiors to be slightly improved over the previous event
    This i call bullshit, no matter how you tweak its still a lottery to get one......Why not as i have said before, let the top5 or 6 contributors/actions made have the Superior item they deserve eh?

Every item you get is still far better than what you can craft, as far as i know, so why not push peeps to do more actions if they really want the Sup? As it is now you can do like 35-50M in dmg and still get a common and see others get better loot doing practically nothing

And for Gods sake, remove the cap or at least raise it to 75-100

FancyPants likes this.
  13. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Have you written support about this? If you see this message in the next few minutes and you are still yet to collect on those dead bosses please PM me your profile link so I can look into this.

14. Kirsten

The only thing I see improved is the few auto joiners, they got slowed down, last week in VC and this week in PC but it would have been better for the rest of us if they just were banned, and not make the rest have to deal with this damn cap.

15. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

If there has to be a cap (and I don't know there needs to be), would it still hamper auto joiners if the cap only applied to raids in which the player had not reached minimum actions? I think min actions need to be tiered but under the current system, the cap should only apply to those who haven't done at least the min. Won't solve all the problems but at least it won't constrain the heavy hitters.

Kirsten likes this.
  16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

Quick update, based around the feedback here and our metrics for Raids, we're going to be turning off the 30 Raid cap for Pirate Clan for the foreseeable future.

As one poster said, each game is unique, especially when it comes to how the community there interacts with Raids. We're also malleable based on feedback and data so when it makes sense to change something for an individual game we will do so.

Thanks for your comments around this, if you have any technical issues with the cap removal be sure to let us know.

17. Sasha St. Cin

Sasha St. Cin New Member

Well thank goodness, nothing been happening except the moaning and groaning over the cap. Cheers Kano.

Kirsten likes this.
  18. DeathMo the Drifter

DeathMo the Drifter Active Member

Thank you folks for turning off the cap :):):)

Kirsten likes this.
  19. Debra Otter

Debra Otter Member

That is great news... Thank you for listening! pirates are a racey group, but we are loyal.

Kirsten and Smack like this.
  20. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

Awesome.. Now the auto-joins will be able to get their fill!!! Good job adjusting, and I'm thinking 'raid metrics' is Canadian for 'bank account'...

Kirsten likes this.